• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/16 GDT: Capitals 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Not as much as you'd hate to be the quarterback for the Lions.

Or the... Pitcher???, I think, for the Tigers. (I don't watch baseball.)

Or the point guard for the Pistons.

And in that order.

A goaltender in Detroit is probably the toughest. Look at Osgood for instance. 3 cups in Detroit and he is still on the verge of getting run out of town. Even when he resigned with Detroit with Dom, he got zero respect. Even when he went in for Dom back in 2008, people thought we were sunk. The smart hockey fans know that the playoffs are not going to be won or lost alone with Howard. It will be won or lost as a team.

A goaltender in Detroit is probably the toughest. Look at Osgood for instance. 3 cups in Detroit and he is still on the verge of getting run out of town. Even when he resigned with Detroit with Dom, he got zero respect. Even when he went in for Dom back in 2008, people thought we were sunk. The smart hockey fans know that the playoffs are not going to be won or lost alone with Howard. It will be won or lost as a team.

I'm actually not sure where you get that impression of Ozzie unless you only read opinions on internet forums. I mean, sure, on LGW, HF and whatever popular Red Wings message boards are out there, you would find a lot of internet tough guys bash Ozzie to no end. But Wings fans really aren't limited to internet savvy people. There are A LOT of Ozzie fans out there who genuinely love the guy and believe in him. A LOT. They just think defending the guy on an internet message board against a bunch of people whose opinions aren't going to change anyways is a complete waste of time. And it is. In my experience, these fans are much older and very established in their lives/careers and don't really have as much youthful impatience as a lot of people who tend to frequent these kinds of boards do.

Guest Crymson

So, a failing grade then?

Don't worry, just about everyone else on LGW gave him the same grade.

Really?

Guest Crymson

I did say "Just about everyone else". Not "everyone else". :)

I don't think that's accurate either. He let in two goals. One was difficult but stoppable; the other was unstoppable.

So, a failing grade then?

Don't worry, just about everyone else on LGW gave him the same grade.

:confused1: How did you get a failing grade, or any grade at all from what I said? I wasn't grading or bashing Howie in any way. I'm a big fan of his. He played a good game in my opinion like I said. I was just saying how it was weird that he was falling over for no apparent reason. The group I was with, and many people around us were joking around on how he must have got drunk between the first and second period because he was falling over when the play was in the opposite end of the ice. So no, this wasn't me grading Howie on his play, as none of this had anything to do with him stopping pucks.

It really sucks that a person has to watch what he says around here now a days without someone taking what's being said a whole different way.

If you feel this way about Modano, I'm curious about what you think of Franzen's play.

Franzen is not 40 years old. We can't just get rid of him because he's been useless lately.

He has been horribly streaky this season, but I think his laziness comes from not ever playing a full season at a high level as a star. He's always been hurt and hasn't had a whole year of wear and tear, plus travel, plus having to bring it every game. He needs to get used to it.

That's Franzen's problem. It's not an excuse, but I think it's a good explanation.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Franzen is not 40 years old. We can't just get rid of him because he's been useless lately.

He has been horribly streaky this season, but I think his laziness comes from not ever playing a full season at a high level as a star. He's always been hurt and hasn't had a whole year of wear and tear, plus travel, plus having to bring it every game. He needs to get used to it.

That's Franzen's problem. It's not an excuse, but I think it's a good explanation.

I don't agree,partly because Franzen isn't 40 years old - but I appreciate your taking the time to respond. :thumbup: