• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evanbartlett

Heatley elbows Ott

Rate this topic

Why is this even a debate by the media and NHL? Heatley knowingly elbowed a guy in the head (and I don't care if it's Ott), yes he should get a suspension! Start with 10 or more games for this stuff, and set up a "3 strikes you're out" plan. But typical NHLj will just give him a game or two and it'll happen again, in a different city by a different player, in the next couple of days.

Call me crazy, but this stuff HAS to stop! I don't want to see anyone get a concussion, and I especially don't want to see our Red Wings players get concussion. We're lucky Stuart ONLY got a broken jaw. Also imagine if Crosby or Hall was Datsyuk or Zetterberg instead?

Bettman has zero chance at a TV deal if he allows head hunting to continue, and his 5 point plan is a complete joke! All he needs is one point, "Don't hit people in the head!!".

Have you watched hockey before the past few years? These issues aren't new and your posts make it appear like this is a new trend. There are still many questions and points in the other thread you haven't addressed.

Do you realize how many current players would be out of the NHL if there were a three suspension rule? I encourage you to investigate this before calling for such a rule.

The NHL is already in contract talks with many networks for the next TV deal. NBC/Versus/NBC sports is looking to keep the NHL while espn has sent out emails to their susbscribers about interest in the NHL. I guarantee you there will be another contract signed, even if no new rules are put in to place. We can even wager a player shirt or something if you are so confident.

It will be interesting to see what the league gives Marchand for his hit on Umberger as in my mind the Heatley hit was a worse infraction.

He went out of his way to elbow Ott, and Marchand seemed to let up at the end.

Either way both are suspension worthy hits, one is a star player the other is a rookie role guy.

Why is this even a debate by the media and NHL? Heatley knowingly elbowed a guy in the head (and I don't care if it's Ott), yes he should get a suspension! Start with 10 or more games for this stuff, and set up a "3 strikes you're out" plan. But typical NHL will just give him a game or two and it'll happen again, in a different city by a different player, in the next couple of days.

Call me crazy, but this stuff HAS to stop! I don't want to see anyone get a concussion, and I especially don't want to see our Red Wings players get concussion. We're lucky Stuart ONLY got a broken jaw. Also imagine if Crosby or Hall was Datsyuk or Zetterberg instead?

Bettman has zero chance at a TV deal if he allows head hunting to continue, and his 5 point plan is a complete joke! All he needs is one point, "Don't hit people in the head!!".

Was the media actually debating whether it should be a suspension or not? Or was everyone simply talking about it and all agreeing there should be a suspension? Honest question, I haven't paid attention to what the media had to say, I simply saw the play and figured it was automatic suspension.

Regarding Hall, why the reference, isn't he out with an ankle injury?

I hate San Jose and I hate Heatley, but in a sick way he deserves a thank you note for taking out that douchebag. Can't have it both ways, though. Suspendable indeed.