Heatley should be sitting for 2 games
IPB Image

#22 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:36 PM

Why is this even a debate by the media and NHL? Heatley knowingly elbowed a guy in the head (and I don't care if it's Ott), yes he should get a suspension! Start with 10 or more games for this stuff, and set up a "3 strikes you're out" plan. But typical NHL will just give him a game or two and it'll happen again, in a different city by a different player, in the next couple of days.

Call me crazy, but this stuff HAS to stop! I don't want to see anyone get a concussion, and I especially don't want to see our Red Wings players get concussion. We're lucky Stuart ONLY got a broken jaw. Also imagine if Crosby or Hall was Datsyuk or Zetterberg instead?

Bettman has zero chance at a TV deal if he allows head hunting to continue, and his 5 point plan is a complete joke! All he needs is one point, "Don't hit people in the head!!".
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#23 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:40 PM

Think about it. Say you tell someone, "Hey did you see that play the other night where someone elbowed the other guy?"

Now without telling your buddy who it is and explain the hit in complete detail, will a suspension still be determined from it?

Nope. And that is the biggest problem with the NHL. It's all about who it did it. It's a joke.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#24 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:51 PM

I have to admit though, Otts statement about the hit is both funny and ironic.

It's like if someone threw a leg out on Matt Cooke and broke his knee, and Cooke complained to the media that a play like that is beyond dirty and anyone making that play should be facing serious suspension...

While true, still funny in its hypocritical irony.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Brutal-hits-in-Sharks-Stars-game-and-Steve-Ott
Ott says:

"If this doesn't get looked at, I don't know. I guess when you're used to being on the other end and being suspended in the past, I think it's pretty evident where this stuff should go in a hurry. I don't care if Heatley makes $10 million or Murray makes less, it's time to get this out of the game as fast as we can. Protect the guys. We're going to have guys that are going to be icing heads now. You only have one brain, so let's honestly start figuring something out."

Ott be trollin'.

#25 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:19 PM

@TSNBobMcKenzie
Two game suspension for SJ's Dany Heatley.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#26 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

Yeah but I don't know I mean... It's... It's Ott... :hehe:

Kidding, kidding.

#27 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:40 PM

http://www.nhlwheelofjustice.com/
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#28 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:56 PM

Heatley should be sitting for 2 games

I said he would be sitting for 2 games ;)
IPB Image

#29 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:20 PM

http://www.nhlwheelofjustice.com/

Golden.
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#30 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:32 PM

Well I would say at least 5 games for OTT... :)
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#31 drumlife19

drumlife19

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:09 PM

Spot on. 2 games.

http://sports.yahoo....n?urn=nhl-wp511

I said he would be sitting for 2 games ;)

"When you have your skate on their throat, don't take it off... You play until the end..."

#32 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

Spot on. 2 games.

http://sports.yahoo....n?urn=nhl-wp511

But I said it earlier ;) @9:30am while most of you were still fast asleep in your car beds:

The INTENT!(BUZZ WORD) is there so I feel a game or 2 most likely. Spin the NHL wheel of justice.

Gold star, please.

#33 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:53 PM

But I said it earlier ;) @9:30am while most of you were still fast asleep in your car beds:

Gold star, please.

I don't want to take the credit away from you Hank :hehe:

Edited by wingslogo19, 16 March 2011 - 07:54 PM.

IPB Image

#34 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:41 PM

Why is this even a debate by the media and NHL? Heatley knowingly elbowed a guy in the head (and I don't care if it's Ott), yes he should get a suspension! Start with 10 or more games for this stuff, and set up a "3 strikes you're out" plan. But typical NHLj will just give him a game or two and it'll happen again, in a different city by a different player, in the next couple of days.

Call me crazy, but this stuff HAS to stop! I don't want to see anyone get a concussion, and I especially don't want to see our Red Wings players get concussion. We're lucky Stuart ONLY got a broken jaw. Also imagine if Crosby or Hall was Datsyuk or Zetterberg instead?

Bettman has zero chance at a TV deal if he allows head hunting to continue, and his 5 point plan is a complete joke! All he needs is one point, "Don't hit people in the head!!".

Have you watched hockey before the past few years? These issues aren't new and your posts make it appear like this is a new trend. There are still many questions and points in the other thread you haven't addressed.

Do you realize how many current players would be out of the NHL if there were a three suspension rule? I encourage you to investigate this before calling for such a rule.

The NHL is already in contract talks with many networks for the next TV deal. NBC/Versus/NBC sports is looking to keep the NHL while espn has sent out emails to their susbscribers about interest in the NHL. I guarantee you there will be another contract signed, even if no new rules are put in to place. We can even wager a player shirt or something if you are so confident.

#35 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:15 AM

It will be interesting to see what the league gives Marchand for his hit on Umberger as in my mind the Heatley hit was a worse infraction.
He went out of his way to elbow Ott, and Marchand seemed to let up at the end.

Either way both are suspension worthy hits, one is a star player the other is a rookie role guy.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#36 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:41 AM

Why is this even a debate by the media and NHL? Heatley knowingly elbowed a guy in the head (and I don't care if it's Ott), yes he should get a suspension! Start with 10 or more games for this stuff, and set up a "3 strikes you're out" plan. But typical NHL will just give him a game or two and it'll happen again, in a different city by a different player, in the next couple of days.

Was the media actually debating whether it should be a suspension or not? Or was everyone simply talking about it and all agreeing there should be a suspension? Honest question, I haven't paid attention to what the media had to say, I simply saw the play and figured it was automatic suspension.

Regarding Hall, why the reference, isn't he out with an ankle injury?

#37 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:12 AM

I hate San Jose and I hate Heatley, but in a sick way he deserves a thank you note for taking out that douchebag. Can't have it both ways, though. Suspendable indeed.
Posted Image

#38 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:36 AM

I hate San Jose and I hate Heatley, but in a sick way he deserves a thank you note for taking out that douchebag. Can't have it both ways, though. Suspendable indeed.

:blink:

I see what you did there.
:beerbuddy:

#39 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:46 AM

@NHLBruins: Marchand has been suspended for 2 games

Just bridging this hit with the Heatley one. Also 2 games.

#40 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:41 PM

Heatley deserve what he gets, but it'd very nice to suspend Ott too. Just for being Ott.