• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WizardOfOz30

Congratulations Ruslan Salei!

Rate this topic

Congrats to Salei, he's got another daughter :)

My link

DETROIT – Congratulations to Ruslan Salei and his wife, Bethann, who on Wednesday, gave birth to the couple’s third child.

Ava Ruslanovna Salei entered the world late Wednesday evening in California. She measured in at 7.98 pounds and 18.5 inches long. Ava is the couple’s third daughter, joining older sisters Alexis, 5, and Aleksandro, 3.

The veteran defenseman is the second Red Wing to welcome a new child into the world in recent weeks. Forward Johan Franzen, and his wife, Cecilia, became first-time parents on Feb. 28 with the birth of their son, Eddie Bo Johan Franzen.

Goalie Chris Osgood and his wife, Jenna, are also expected their third child this month, joining daughters Mackenzie and Sydney.

Congrats to the Saleis!!!

I think they say that if you have two boys or girls in a row, your third child will very likely be the same sex as the first two. For some reason, I can only think of one of my friends who turned out to be the different sex from the first two born children of her family as she has two older brothers. Anybody here have a similar family makeup where the first two are the same sex while the third born is different?

Hooray For Salei!! Glad they have a healthy baby. But what's with the name "Ruslanovna"? Is it normal to use a variation of a parents name for a child?

Anybody here have a similar family makeup where the first two are the same sex while the third born is different?

My two older brothers are well, obviously boys and I'm the girl.

Eddie Bo Johan laugh.gif

Haha well yeah, but that's the whole name, so it's kinda like having a Johan Jr. But why give the girl a variation of the dad's name? That's like Will Smith and his wife naming their kids after themselves: Willow and Jaden. I'm just wondering if in Salei's case it's a Russian thing or something, where as in Will Smith's case it seems like it's self-involved. You know what I mean?

Some families have naming practices that they follow. I know with my sister, her husband's family always uses the parent's first name as the child's middle name. So the first daughter and son always have their mom and dad's name as the middle name.

The ones that drive me crazy is when people name a child one thing but call them something different, not like when they are a Jr or III, but they would for example name them April Marie and then turn around and always call her Sara :blink: or even Marie, if she wasn't named after her mother then why didn't you use that for the first name.

Some families have naming practices that they follow. I know with my sister, her husband's family always uses the parent's first name as the child's middle name. So the first daughter and son always have their mom and dad's name as the middle name.

The ones that drive me crazy is when people name a child one thing but call them something different, not like when they are a Jr or III, but they would for example name them April Marie and then turn around and always call her Sara :blink: or even Marie, if she wasn't named after her mother then why didn't you use that for the first name.

Yeah I knew a couple people in high school who prefer their middle name over their first and so people would call them by their middle name but whenever something rather "official" came up they always went with their actual first name. If the way I explained that makes any sense. I thought that was weird as hell back then, haha.

Hooray For Salei!! Glad they have a healthy baby. But what's with the name "Ruslanovna"? Is it normal to use a variation of a parents name for a child?

i have a friend from Bulgaria and he told me that in his country (and some other eastern european countries), the last name is actually a variation of the father's name. So a male with a last name "Bogdanov" means his father's name is "Bogdan". For a female her last name will become "Bogdanova".

Edited by jeff48109

i have a friend from Bulgaria and he told me that in his country (and some other eastern european countries), the last name is actually a variation of the father's name. So a male with a last name "Bogdanov" means his father's name is "Bogdan". For a female her last name will become "Bogdanova".

I think you're very close. Often, the last name stays the same as the parents. It a baby's middle name that generally is a form of the father's name. "ova, ovna, eva or evna" translates to daugther of. "ov, ovich, ev, or evich" translates to son of.

We need a lot of future ___ Pavelevich Datsuk(s)to maintain the excellence of Red Wing Hockey!

Just like Yzerman and as far as we know until Jenna gives birth, Ozzie as well. They're good chromosomes.

Nick and Rafi I think are the ones who fired only y chromosomes.

Thank goodness for perfect human offspring that may once follow in their father's footsteps...

For those that were curious, Ava's middle name is actually called a patronym, and it's common in Eastern European countries, especially Russia. For example, Pavel Datsyuk's daughter is Elizabeth Pavlovna, as Pavlovna is the feminine patronym for Pavel. In English, that would be like naming her Elizabeth Paula, since Pavel is Russian for Paul.

So Ava Ruslanovna means "Ava, daughter of Ruslan." The famous Romanov children, the last Imperial rulers of Russia, all had the patronym Nicholaievna or Nicholaievitch, as the father's name was Nicholas.