• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Datsyuk, Rafalski Injury Update Thread

Rate this topic

Saw this on SB Nation Detroit. Leaves me Optimistic

Injury news on Red Wings players Brian Rafalski and Pavel Datsyuk remains unclear after both left the game against Columbus on Thursday in the third period.

Ansar Khan of MLive reported that both players were walking around fine in the locker room but more won’t be known until tomorrow. Datsyuk said he hopes to play Saturday in Nashville, but wouldn’t say any more than that.

“I just take a hit – lower-body injury,‘’ Datsyuk said. “I’m hoping (to play Saturday in Nashville), but now it’s after the game. In a couple of days we’ll see. Tomorrow we’ll make a decision. See how it feels in the morning.’’

Rafalski gave a similar sentiment about his right knee, which took a hit from Columbus’ Antoine Vermette with five minutes to play. Rafalski said the knee brace he wears prevented a much worse injury. He came back out after the game to test it out on the ice, and said as long as his MCL is undamaged he’ll be fine.

“See if the swelling goes down tomorrow,‘’ Rafalski said. "Can’t let it get stiffed up. At first the pain was (bad) and then it started going away after a few seconds.’’

I didn't even realize Datsyuk was out. Damn center ice only had the FS Ohio feed and they didn't mention anything about it, of course.

On a side note....what's up with that tool Pethot? Cleary's roughing was weak, while he hit that guy in the face, they were having a pushing battle and the other guy just moved his arms and took one in the face instead. Then shortly after that Pethot straight up punched, who was it, Abby I think, in the face. He continued to be DB material throughout the game.

Seemed as though Raf was feeling better when he got to the locker room and Pav's was an unknown thing....

Not sure, but I am guessing both won't play tomorrow night and hopefully at least one comes back by Monday. Just need them both ready come mid-April.

Hey Dats, rest up on the weekend and be in there against Pittsburgh! I'll be at that game :innocent:

Me too! We're headin' out to Deetroit to see both the Penguins and Canucks get their beehinds handed to them on a tarnished platter. Not asking too much, I don't think...? :rolleyes:

I didn't even realize Datsyuk was out. Damn center ice only had the FS Ohio feed and they didn't mention anything about it, of course.

On a side note....what's up with that tool Pethot? Cleary's roughing was weak, while he hit that guy in the face, they were having a pushing battle and the other guy just moved his arms and took one in the face instead. Then shortly after that Pethot straight up punched, who was it, Abby I think, in the face. He continued to be DB material throughout the game.

Actually they did have the FSN-Detroit feed. It wasn't listed on the online guide but it was on Channel 771, which the channel guide also showed.

I shall be sheets to the wind, but won't be coming from me. I'll chant Matt Cooke sucks first. Sure it won't catch on either :lol:

You know... A part of me thinks I would be soooooo proud of our fan base if they got that going.

Seriously, anybody here who is going to that game should get together and start that chant. It's a million times better than "Cros-by SUCKS!" etc.

Another part of me doesn't want to see Matt Cooke fired up and score a goal or two on the Wings or even worse, take out one of our players.

You know... A part of me thinks I would be soooooo proud of our fan base if they got that going.

Seriously, anybody here who is going to that game should get together and start that chant. It's a million times better than "Cros-by SUCKS!" etc.

Another part of me doesn't want to see Matt Cooke fired up and score a goal or two on the Wings or even worse, take out one of our players.

ill be there with 5 of my buddys. well do our part.