#21 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:07 PM

Good to hear Raffy is fine

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#22 pazzloski

pazzloski

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:13 PM

Anyone have a video of the two? I'd like to see the Datsyuk one again.

#23 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:31 PM

u could see that datsyuk may have twisted his ankle on that nash hit.

Yes, it looks like Datsyuk's left leg/ankle gets tweaked when he gets hit. It kind of gets pinned to the boards by Nash.

#24 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:36 PM

From MLive:

“I just take a hit – lower-body injury,'' Datsyuk said. “I'm hoping (to play Saturday in Nashville), but now it's after the game. In a couple of days we'll see. Tomorrow we'll make a decision. See how it feels in the morning.''
Asked how concerned he is, Datsyuk said. “I don't know, it's hard to say now.''
Rafalski said the said the brace he wears on the knee saved it or "it would have been a lot worse.''
"See if the swelling goes down tomorrow,'' Rafalski said. "Can't let it get stiffed up. At first the pain was (bad) and then it started going away after a few seconds.''

#25 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:43 PM

If he said he's hoping to play Saturday, then it's probably not a big deal. *fingers crossed*

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#26 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:15 PM

Hopefully a day of rest will take care of both of them. We can only hope.
Posted Image

#27 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:19 PM

Hopefully a day of rest will take care of both of them. We can only hope.

Huge +1
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#28 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:04 PM

+2

#29 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:05 PM

Hey Dats, rest up on the weekend and be in there against Pittsburgh! I'll be at that game :innocent:
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#30 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:16 AM

Hey Dats, rest up on the weekend and be in there against Pittsburgh! I'll be at that game :innocent:

And then you'll for sure be good to go against Vancouver wednesday when I'll be there! :hehe:

#31 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:15 AM

And then you'll for sure be good to go against Vancouver wednesday when I'll be there! :hehe:

Sounds like a plan!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#32 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:54 AM

And then you'll for sure be good to go against Toronto next Saturday when I'll be watching the game on NHL Center Ice, because I live in Green Bay. :D
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#33 Tuffalupagus

Tuffalupagus

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:27 AM

Saw this on SB Nation Detroit. Leaves me Optimistic

Injury news on Red Wings players Brian Rafalski and Pavel Datsyuk remains unclear after both left the game against Columbus on Thursday in the third period.

Ansar Khan of MLive reported that both players were walking around fine in the locker room but more won’t be known until tomorrow. Datsyuk said he hopes to play Saturday in Nashville, but wouldn’t say any more than that.

“I just take a hit – lower-body injury,‘’ Datsyuk said. “I’m hoping (to play Saturday in Nashville), but now it’s after the game. In a couple of days we’ll see. Tomorrow we’ll make a decision. See how it feels in the morning.’’

Rafalski gave a similar sentiment about his right knee, which took a hit from Columbus’ Antoine Vermette with five minutes to play. Rafalski said the knee brace he wears prevented a much worse injury. He came back out after the game to test it out on the ice, and said as long as his MCL is undamaged he’ll be fine.

“See if the swelling goes down tomorrow,‘’ Rafalski said. "Can’t let it get stiffed up. At first the pain was (bad) and then it started going away after a few seconds.’’

#34 PrairieDawg

PrairieDawg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:32 AM

Thats great news. Datsyuk's injury looked not bad at all cause I never really saw him laboring anything. However when Raf went down I thought he tore his MCL or something and he was gone.

#35 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:53 AM

I didn't even realize Datsyuk was out. Damn center ice only had the FS Ohio feed and they didn't mention anything about it, of course.

On a side note....what's up with that tool Pethot? Cleary's roughing was weak, while he hit that guy in the face, they were having a pushing battle and the other guy just moved his arms and took one in the face instead. Then shortly after that Pethot straight up punched, who was it, Abby I think, in the face. He continued to be DB material throughout the game.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#36 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:02 AM

Seemed as though Raf was feeling better when he got to the locker room and Pav's was an unknown thing....

Not sure, but I am guessing both won't play tomorrow night and hopefully at least one comes back by Monday. Just need them both ready come mid-April.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#37 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:04 AM

I wouldn't be upset if Dats and Raff sat out the Nashville game. Better to not take chances risking them missing any portion of the playoffs.

#38 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:09 AM

Me too! We're headin' out to Deetroit to see both the Penguins and Canucks get their beehinds handed to them on a tarnished platter. Not asking too much, I don't think...? :rolleyes:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#39 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:22 AM

@ESPN_BurnsideScott Burnside

Heard from Detroit GM Ken Holland. Looks like Brian Rafalski will try and go Saturday in Nashville while Pavel Datsyuk is day to day.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#40 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:22 AM

There's an awful lot of LGW'ers going to the Pitt game it seems including myself. Get together perhaps??

These updates aren't coming in quick enough honestly.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.