with the wings day to day becomes week to week :ph34r:

Hold your tongue! :nono:

#44 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:16 AM

There's an awful lot of LGW'ers going to the Pitt game it seems including myself. Get together perhaps??

Cros-by SUCKS! Cros-by SUCKS! Cros-by SUCKS!

#45 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:19 AM

Cros-by SUCKS! Cros-by SUCKS! Cros-by SUCKS!

If they somehow start that chant when he isn't playing, I will be quite upset with our fanbase acting like, dare I say, Blackhawks "fans"? Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#46 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:21 AM

If they somehow start that chant when he isn't playing, I will be quite upset with our fanbase acting like, dare I say, Blackhawks "fans"? Posted Image

Yeah, well, it's gonna happen.

#47 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:23 AM

Yeah, well, it's gonna happen.

I shall be sheets to the wind, but won't be coming from me. I'll chant Matt Cooke sucks first. Sure it won't catch on either :lol:

#48 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:25 AM

I didn't even realize Datsyuk was out. Damn center ice only had the FS Ohio feed and they didn't mention anything about it, of course.

On a side note....what's up with that tool Pethot? Cleary's roughing was weak, while he hit that guy in the face, they were having a pushing battle and the other guy just moved his arms and took one in the face instead. Then shortly after that Pethot straight up punched, who was it, Abby I think, in the face. He continued to be DB material throughout the game.

Actually they did have the FSN-Detroit feed. It wasn't listed on the online guide but it was on Channel 771, which the channel guide also showed.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#49 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:27 AM

I shall be sheets to the wind, but won't be coming from me. I'll chant Matt Cooke sucks first. Sure it won't catch on either :lol:

You know... A part of me thinks I would be soooooo proud of our fan base if they got that going.

Seriously, anybody here who is going to that game should get together and start that chant. It's a million times better than "Cros-by SUCKS!" etc.

Another part of me doesn't want to see Matt Cooke fired up and score a goal or two on the Wings or even worse, take out one of our players.

#50 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:24 AM

You know... A part of me thinks I would be soooooo proud of our fan base if they got that going.

Seriously, anybody here who is going to that game should get together and start that chant. It's a million times better than "Cros-by SUCKS!" etc.

Another part of me doesn't want to see Matt Cooke fired up and score a goal or two on the Wings or even worse, take out one of our players.

ill be there with 5 of my buddys. well do our part.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#51 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:36 AM

Actually they did. It wasn't listed on the online guide but it was on Channel 771, which the channel guide also showed.

the channel guide showed datsyuk's injury? :hehe:

#52 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:43 AM

I didn't even realize Datsyuk was out. Damn center ice only had the FS Ohio feed and they didn't mention anything about it, of course.

On a side note....what's up with that tool Pethot? Cleary's roughing was weak, while he hit that guy in the face, they were having a pushing battle and the other guy just moved his arms and took one in the face instead. Then shortly after that PethotMethot straight up punched, who was it, Abby I think, in the face. He continued to be DB material throughout the game.

Marc Methot - he's always played with an edge, pretty decent defender actually, but he seemed to have an extra chip on his shoulder last night

If we were in Canada, they would have an update of a star player on every channel :hehe:

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#53 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:47 AM

If we were in Canada, they would have an update of a star player on every channel :hehe:

Followed by commercials of the ultimate collection of Anne Murray's greatest hits with Alex Trebek as the spokesman.

#54 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:10 PM

from freep

General manager Ken Holland said this morning that Rafalski is “planning to play in Nashville. Pav is sore but possible for tomorrow.

#55 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:11 PM

Followed by commercials of the ultimate collection of Anne Murray's greatest hits with Alex Trebek as the spokesman.

Great beer, hockey as a national pass-time, women allowed to walk around topless... Canada's nothing but a win in my book!

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#56 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:17 PM

Great beer, hockey as a national pass-time, women allowed to walk around topless... Canada's nothing but a win in my book!

bleh, Canada beer isn't that special and you gotta go to a special store to get it. I will admit that they have the best cheap generic beer tho.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#57 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:37 PM

Ill stick to my beer down here.... I don't have time to take a loan out to afford my drinking habits up there... Lol

But back on topic, I really wouldn't mind Datsyuk or Rafalski taking an extra game off to just rest their injuries. Especially Datsyuk. It is extremely hard to get mad at the guys plays but between the 1 or 2 glorious moves and chances he has been playing sub par for his standards with a lot of bad passes through the middle of the offensive zone for turnovers... Seems very unPav like, hopefully he gets his head straightend out.

Crash

Edited by Crashnburnluder, 18 March 2011 - 12:40 PM.

#58 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:37 PM

:tomato:
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#59 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:41 PM

Did they both get injured drinking beer? Or is their injury status "out for a drink"?

#60 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:02 PM

@DetroitRedWings

From Ken Holland/MLive: Rafalski is good to go on Saturday, Hudler will not play (flu), Datsyuk is questionable with a lower body injury.