• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HankthaTank

Johan Franzen Watch Thread

Rate this topic

You don't need to chime in but I felt this was necessary.

Well....probably not necessary but I can't believe how bad he has looked. I mean, I am not saying like sit him in the press box because he still is a potential elite scorer and yes, "wait til playoffs" type thing but hee needs to pick it the hell up. Seems to be skating a whole lot slower than ever and it's not as though the scoring chances aren't there it's that he has 6 goals in 26 games and 5 of those were in one game. This seemed to work for Flip so we're off and running.......

Edited by HankthaTank

Guest stinky fish taco

laziest player on the ice. not even close.

hopefully he gets skating and goes to the net once the playoffs start.

i thought he had a good game last night. he had an impact, backchecked hard when needed and created the second goal. i just dont want him to be invisible. mickey said it, franzen was working out there during the game.

And that's what I thought too. He did look like he was making a conscious effort to get to the puck and he had a great setup to Flipper for the PP goal. It's only a matter of time, but I wanted to help it along a little with this. Seemed to work for Flips. thumbup.gif

Edited by HankthaTank

i dont like the whole "but he's good in the playoffs" deal, because quite frankly, if you dont bring it in the regular season, there wont be a post season.

Edited by nate94gt

i dont like the whole "but he's good in the playoffs" deal, because quite frankly, if you dont bring it in the regular season, there wont be a post season.

Of course, but it's still better than nothing. And also better than bringing it in the regular season, but not in the playoffs. It's not like Wings are struggling to get into the post season 'cause Mule is slumping.

He's still leading the team in goals, but it's frustrating as he has the potential the score so much more. Right now I think he's good for his salary and I hope the cap rises enough so that he won't be overpayed in his late 30's.

Of course, but it's still better than nothing. And also better than bringing it in the regular season, but not in the playoffs. It's not like Wings are struggling to get into the post season 'cause Mule is slumping.

He's still leading the team in goals, but it's frustrating as he has the potential the score so much more. Right now I think he's good for his salary and I hope the cap rises enough so that he won't be overpayed in his late 30's.

im not a huge franzen fan to be honest, and yeah, im definitely in the minority on this. i like his big performances, but they are rare, though he was good in the playoffs the last 3 years, but i'd also like it if he played well in the 82 regular season games. the problem is that he is basically 1 dimensional.

everyones gonna have bad games, but he seems to have 60 bad games and 22 good ones :hehe:

a player like helm may not produce 50 points per season, but he also does things other than score.

so even though franzen may be getting 5 shots and they are not going in, at least he's making his attempt. but when he doesnt hit, backcheck, forecheck, etc, it just feels like he's not contributing.

edit: i also hate getting involved in these "he does this but not this" type threads. :(

i should have kept my mouth shut :lol:

Edited by nate94gt

I love his offensive potential (and playoff production) as a power forward, but I also think something was lost from his game when his role changed four years ago. He used to be a great penalty killer, but when his offensive explosion happened he was moved to PP duty and taken off PK. I'd like to see Babs work him back into the PK rotation and cut back his PP minutes -- that might light a fire under him. I'd also like them to consider using him at centre matched up against big centres in the playoffs, especially Thornton and Getzlaf.

Just necroing this because he seemed to play with a little bit more purpose last game. Playing with Abby can be beneficial to if anything his energy level and not really point production. The 3rd line demotion makes sense to me at the moment. I guess we just wait to see if he can kick it into gear but probably won't happen until the mid April push per usual.