• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rick Zombos Ghost

Whats your favorite "BAD" contract right now?

Rate this topic

There are so many bad contracts this year, what is the one that makes you LOL the most?

I usually laugh when i see 1.6 a year x 4 years for Boogaard. He's only played in 22 games this year. So if he makes it to 25 that will be $64,000 per game for a guy that averages maybe 5 minutes of ice time. Incredible.

Guest CaliWingsNut

The combination of Finger & Lebda is hilarious and a close second.

Originally I thought this question was about DRW. If we're concerned it is Rafalski. 6M is too much for one dimensional player. He is very good at offense and very bad sat defense. Better version of M.A. Bergeron.

Originally I thought this question was about DRW. If we're concerned it is Rafalski. 6M is too much for one dimensional player. He is very good at offense and very bad sat defense. Better version of M.A. Bergeron.

Ive always thought part of his defensive problems lie with the fact he played opposite lidstom for so long so team will always dump it to his side, cause he isnt the perfect human, and he just get continually creamed into the boards.

Lebda. That is all.

Certainly gets my vote, for sheer entertainment value as a Wings fan. It was a baffling contract at the time. Lebda was a known quantity. For those who think Burke is a genius, this is definitely one to bring up.

Ive always thought part of his defensive problems lie with the fact he played opposite lidstom for so long so team will always dump it to his side, cause he isnt the perfect human, and he just get continually creamed into the boards.

Agreed.

Raf isn't one dimensional. He is an exceptional offensive D-man, he's just not Lidstrom when it comes to the defensive side. And honestly for some of those crazy ass turnovers he makes, a fair amount of times when they work they're incredible passes that lead to great scoring chances. But when they don't, it's ugly. High risk, high reward.

His contract looks worse now, but at the time it was a solid deal. Schneider left, Holland had little time to fill that spot, and we signed Raf at market value at the time. Probably a little under.

Originally I thought this question was about DRW. If we're concerned it is Rafalski.

I think you mean Franzen. As the years go by, that contract is going to look worse and worse

$228,571

To be fair, Boogey has been out most of the season with a concussion. He has been cleared to play (I believe) but the Rags are doing well without him. With that said, Torts has been saying that Prust is too bruised (beat up) from taking on all of the 'physical' play. Still an overpayment IMO, but Lebda is worse. He is being sat a lot, and definitely not earning his contract.

Franzens contract will be okay if he does one of two things... Starts hitting The high 30, low 40 goal numbers or he needs to start racking up more assists and being more of a two dimensional player, not just a shooter. The other key factor is he needs to continue to be a big playoff player.

Crash

I'm afraid you are right....many on here will disagree. I thought we should have offered Hossa whatever it took and let Mule go...

Meh, no. Right now everyone seems to feel that way. I sort of did too AT THE TIME when we had Hoss. But not now. JoJo will figure it out sooner or later.