436 replies to this topic

#21 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:36 AM

The Preds fans consider us their biggest rival

In my book, a rivalry involves each of the two teams beating the other in the playoffs at least once in the last several years.

Our current rivals

Pittsburgh
San Jose
Anaheim

Past Rivals

Colorado
Calgary

Wanna be rivals (but they haven't beaten us in the playoffs recently or ever)

Chicago
Nashville
Columbus
Dallas
Do or do not. There is no try

#22 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:57 AM

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Great to see that man in the possible lines even if he is "questionable". I just want him to keep playing so we can beat this team. Nashville has absolutely owned us the last 2 times we have played and that drives me nuts. Just one of those irritating teams I guess. If Rinne stands tall, we could be in a little trouble. THIS Red Wings team will be much better than the other games though and I feel a win. Get it done boys.

Chicago is not a wannabe rival. Due to close proximity, divisional ramifications, true hatred most of us have for them, and both Original 6 teams makes me acknowledge them as a rival.

The wannabe part only comes into play because most feel they just became "relevant" in the last 2 years. I have since I was like 5 hated the Blackhawks and my Dad spoke of outright wars those games used to be and continue to be. Can't tell me Chicago is a wannabe rival.

Edited by HankthaTank, 19 March 2011 - 11:54 AM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#23 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:06 PM

Go wings lets set off this nasty rivalry even more. OK so I'm kidding but I'd say they're a quasi rival. At any rate just beat Tootoo and the other scum bags. At least Weber is out right?

#24 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:41 PM

Datsyuk will not play tonight.... Rafalski will play... Franzen is a game-time decision

http://www.mlive.com...r_red_wing.html

#25 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:47 PM

Datsyuk will not play tonight.... Rafalski will play... Franzen is a game-time decision

http://www.mlive.com...r_red_wing.html

After getting "bumped"? Hmm... ok then. Probably as expected with Pav though and for the best. Just glad that Raf is definitely ok. He has been spectacular in the 2 games since his return.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#26 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:51 PM

Thanks for the GDT, Hockeytown.

Pavel out....3-1 loss.

Prove me wrong, Wings.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#27 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:47 PM

yep, sorry guys... with pavs out im predicting a 3-1 loss. rinne always plays lights out against us and we'd prolly be lucky to get 1 past him tonight. preds have our number even with dats, so i don't see this one going well for us as nashville needs these 2 points to jump into the playoff picture... i hope im wrong!

Edited by dirtydangles, 19 March 2011 - 01:47 PM.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#28 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,921 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:02 PM

Detroit lines updated.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#29 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,145 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:17 PM

Hoping for a good game tonight from the Wings, if only to keep Nashville from getting two points and closing the gap on the Kings.

No loser points!

#30 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,921 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:58 PM

After getting "bumped"? Hmm... ok then. Probably as expected with Pav though and for the best. Just glad that Raf is definitely ok. He has been spectacular in the 2 games since his return.

He's really helped the offense.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#31 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:25 PM

C'mon boys, let's get it done.
Last 11 games, I hope the switch is turned on from here on end.

#32 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,921 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:44 PM

Getting bumped? :huh:

#33 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:54 PM

Hopefully this injury will give Datsyuk some rest and he'll come back just like he did last time, firing on all cylinders.

Posted Image

#34 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

Don't know if I'll be there or not. My dad coded and is currently on a ventilator, pacemaker, and is sedated. Please pray if you don't mind.

#35 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:58 PM

In my book, a rivalry involves each of the two teams beating the other in the playoffs at least once in the last several years.

Wanna be rivals (but they haven't beaten us in the playoffs recently or ever)

Chicago
Nashville
Columbus
Dallas

Chicago is definitely a current rival of ours. There is no formula for what makes a rival. Original six teams in the same division and heated games that feel like a playoff game every time we meet sounds like a rivalry to me. I would agree with the rest of those though.

This is a big game for the Wings. We need to put trashville in their place. 4-2 Det.

Oh and GO BRONCOS! Win that CCHA championship tonight at the Joe! :siren:

Edited by 8 Legged RedWing, 19 March 2011 - 04:59 PM.

#36 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:01 PM

Won't be at game. Dad still in medical coma. No news on his heart scans. Wings fans in Nashville yell extra loud for me!

#37 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:03 PM

Don't know if I'll be there or not. My dad coded and is currently on a ventilator, pacemaker, and is sedated. Please pray if you don't mind.

Praying. Praying hard.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#38 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:09 PM

Won't be at game. Dad still in medical coma. No news on his heart scans. Wings fans in Nashville yell extra loud for me!

My family will be praying for you and your Dad. If you'd like me to have him added to the prayer list at the church where I play organ, PM me.

Regarding the game, Wings are on a roll, but Rinne has played like a Vezina candidate against the Wings, but they'll overcome missing Pavs and win 3-1 as the grinders step up and the Todd breaks out of his slump.

Edited by TheXym, 19 March 2011 - 06:12 PM.

It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#39 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:20 PM

This is a character game for the Wings. The Wings have nothing to lose and Nashville has everything to gain. The Wings could go a long way toward preparing for playoffs if they can motivate themselves to play smart and beat Nashville, who is always a tough team. If they get stonewalled by Rinne there's a very real chance they're letting opposition goalies get in their heads, and that could be a bad sign come playoff time.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#40 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:40 PM

no mule tonight

no mule