• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zeolite

video request

Rate this topic

I've been trying to find a clip of a hilarious thing that happened on the Wings bench a number of years ago:

Shanahan loses his helmet and goes off on a change. Play continues for quite a while and Shanny's line is due out again but he can't go on the ice without a helmet so he's scrambling around trying to find one but none of them fit becuase he has a giant Irish potato head. I distinctly recall Federov laughing his ass off at the time.

Anyone know what I'm talking about or have a clip of it? Youtube link? I've searched everywhere to no avail.

Thanks ahead of time.

God, I remember that. Seems like Shanahan even laughed when someone passed him one that was way too small.

I've been trying to find a clip of a hilarious thing that happened on the Wings bench a number of years ago:

Shanahan loses his helmet and goes off on a change. Play continues for quite a while and Shanny's line is due out again but he can't go on the ice without a helmet so he's scrambling around trying to find one but none of them fit becuase he has a giant Irish potato head. I distinctly recall Federov laughing his ass off at the time.

Anyone know what I'm talking about or have a clip of it? Youtube link? I've searched everywhere to no avail.

Thanks ahead of time.

Edited by S.H.M.B.

i know what video you are talking about. if i find it somewhere i'll post. didn't shanny end up playing with someone else's helmet that was too small?

I'm glad someone else remembers it and I didn't imagine it or something.

2001 sounds about right. I am almost positive Federov was there so it was 2003 or earlier.

Thanks, I will need a more precise idea before I can try to track it down. Maybe someone can remember some other details that will pinpoint a time frame narrower than 2003 or earlier?

What kind of archive do you got? Do you have a saved list somewhere or anything?

I have tons of highlights edited on to DVDs, dating back to 1986 (but the vast majority of them from around 2000 and on). They are not catalogued but are in chronological order by year, so it's possible to find specific highlights only if I can pinpoint a specific time frame. Also have a lot of games on VHS, slowly converting them to DVD and have posted a few segments on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/pxw13?feature=mhum).