• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Detroit vs Chicago

Rate this topic

Just checking out the standings and I saw that if the playoffs started today that is who the wings would play. How sweet would it be after last season to beat the crap outta the Hawks in the first round?

Looking at a lot of the matchups I think these guys might be who I want to play the most. They are not very physical, the wings know them well and they do not have much for goaltending which always seems to kill the wings in the first round. Showing who daddy is in the central division would also be nice.

Heres hopings for wings vs Hawks first round :thumbup:

If they play a complete game like they did against Was and Col(I meant blue jackets but looking at it, kinda looks like colorado) I am not worried about any team. However if they play like they have for the better part of the season since the all star game. I am worried about all teams beating the wings.

Edited by Opie

It'd be good for travel, but bad if they let their kids skate circles around them. Ericsson and Rafalski, especially.

Dats and (especially) Zetterberg are just absolute machines in the playoffs, and I think Toews and Kane would be as shell-shocked as they were in '09.

Oh, and Helm, FTW.

Honestly I'd take more satisfaction from the Hawks not even making the playoffs, though it seems unlikely.

If we meet them in the first round, so be it. Unless this Wings team can flip the switch, honestly I see them struggling in the first round. I'm hoping they can survive that first series and work themselves into true playoff mode. I just don't know if anything short of a first round scare is really going to register with this team and wake them up.

If we cant knock them out of the playoffs by winning our last 3 against thats the team I want to face in the 1st round. Either way, I want to be the team that knocks them out.

If they play a complete game like they did against Was and Col(I meant blue jackets but looking at it, kinda looks like colorado) I am not worried about any team. However if they play like they have for the better part of the season since the all star game. I am worried about all teams beating the wings.

Why since the ASG? They are 13-7-2 which roughly is nearly 50 wins and over 100 points.

Honestly I'd take more satisfaction from the Hawks not even making the playoffs, though it seems unlikely.

If we meet them in the first round, so be it. Unless this Wings team can flip the switch, honestly I see them struggling in the first round. I'm hoping they can survive that first series and work themselves into true playoff mode. I just don't know if anything short of a first round scare is really going to register with this team and wake them up.

You must be new to Red Wings Playoff Hockey. They flip that switch every year. In fact you can see it on all of the big games. Remember the Boston games or the Montreal game. How soon people forget. Defensive pessimism...

The Wings would win the series, but I have to admit there are other teams I would definitely rather see in the first round than Chicago.

As much as we hate them, they are were the champs guys. It isn't like they are going to be in awe of playing the Red Wings.

Fixed it for you

You must be new to Red Wings Playoff Hockey. They flip that switch every year. In fact you can see it on all of the big games. Remember the Boston games or the Montreal game. How soon people forget. Defensive pessimism...

I wouldn't call what happened last season exactly flipping the switch. They had a great run up to the playoffs, but then took 7 games to put away the Yotes and managed 1 win against the Sharks.

I didn't say they'd get knocked out in the first round, all I said is they could very well struggle.

And I've been watching Detroit playoff hockey long enough to remember the Goose Loonie's incident.

Why since the ASG? They are 13-7-2 which roughly is nearly 50 wins and over 100 points.

A win that includes giving 3 up to LA in the last what, 5 minutes?

A loss in OT to Pho in which they were up by three.

The win loss record and the fact that they are in 2nd in the west does not eliminate the over all lack of 60 minute games.

A win that includes giving 3 up to LA in the last what, 5 minutes?

A loss in OT to Pho in which they were up by three.

The win loss record and the fact that they are in 2nd in the west does not eliminate the over all lack of 60 minute games.

Haven't seen you in a while.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to play Chicago in the first round. Then again, I wouldn't want to play anyone but Minnesota either. We've been subpar against all the playoff teams in the West this year.

He is not new to playoff hockey, and you are not new to being a jackass in here. Get off your homer high horse just one time in here and realize that we all want the Red Wings to win, whether we are pom pom cheerleaders like yourself or show concern or doubt that is not out of the ordinary.

Anyways, if the Wings show the effort like they did in recent games like Washington and even last night in the loss against Nashville, their odds of making a deep run are very good. If they don't like in games before the above or get bad injury luck, they could exit the playoffs fairly quick.

In these days of the NHL with parity, I don't get too hung up on who the Wings play or seeding just because we see so many instances of lower seeds winning now. Don't get me wrong, I want to see the Wings win their division and get as high a seed as possible for home ice advantages, but it's not something that I overly fret about given the parity/competitiveness of today. Just about no matchup regardless of if you are in the first round or the SCF is a slam dunk. Only thing I really prefer in guessing these matchups is minimal travel, so by that end I wouldn't mind facing Chicago or Dallas, etc.

Fixed it for you

Damn it. I missed my favorite part of the year then. I hope the new champs are enjoying it.

This is the team that I would want. Not just travel purposes but for the pure fact that I feel like this is the best test to get it started. Granted most of the Cup years started with a pretty soft first round opponent, I don't feel like this is the year that we can really have that kind of start and keep to it. Bring on the Hawks! They are the one team I would love to see in the first round and no, the regular season matchups don't worry me in the least. Those on here that are saying we have been owned by all playoff teams in the regular season are failing and have obviously not realized that playoff hockey is a far more different brand of the game than the regular season.

Hawks? Oh yes please.

Edited by HankthaTank