• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
edicius

Dipietro dons Osgood's old mask to protect shattered face

Rate this topic

Ozzie must have realized one of his masks was missing... :lol:

http://ingoalmag.com/news/islanders-dipietro-dons-osgoods-old-mask-to-protect-shattered-face/

Didn't realize that Dipi's face was really that messed up, but...

Dipietro needed to have four plates and several screws surgically installed to keep everything in place after having his cheek caved in by the now infamous left hand of Pittsburgh backup Brent Johnson during an ill-advised goalie fight way back in early February.

Was that article poorly worded to anyone else? It talks about the danger of the mask but doesn't ever answer why he's wearing that one instead. I feel like it tried to explain but missed the "money shot" explanation, if you will.

Anyway, I'm more interested in the line about Hasek wanting to play another year. Anyone know if he meant in the NHL or over in the KHL?

I'm sure Hasek meant the KHL. He has stated that he is done with the NHL.

The line from the article that I though was odd:

“I’m having some trouble with metal detectors these days,” he said. “I’m almost bionic at this point. Hopefully, I’ll be metal by the time I retire and we won’t have to worry about injuries anymore. Like the Tin Man, just lube me up and I’ll be ready to go.”

Really? Lube me up and I'll be ready to go? Yikes!

Sorry, but I still just can't help the comparison... At least Glass Joe was able to take more than one punch...

In all seriousness, I hope that he can actually put together a good string of seasons together, and actually REALLY get his NHL career going. I hope it happens, but I wouldn't be too optimistic about it.

Just love the look of that mask.

Reminds me of this.

I remember them telling the story of it. I think they said so many bones were busted they cut his face almost off to do the surgery. Like the Nic Cage movie Face Off. I think they peeled his face back and did all the repairs/plates and then put it back. YUCK