• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Blueliner

Kronwall pushing Eaves

Rate this topic

Tell you the truth, I couldn't even comprehend what was going on when I first saw it, though I had seen Eaves take the shot off the leg.

I still think it was kind of a strange play.

I would like to hear what Eaves has to say about it. ;)

Edited by syntax

Eaves couldnt even get up. Although it didnt help him much it was cool to see. Good team work.

The refs could have blown the damn whistle though. He was obv in a lot of pain and the puck was out of the zone.

Edited by brett

Dumb play by Kronwall.

If Eaves was legitimately hurt there (as in torn ACL or something), then you can't have him risk trying to move too quickly. Like when they tell people at accident scenes to not move the injured party, for risk of worsening the injury.

On the bright side, it's the first time Kronwall has done anything aggressive this season.

Guest CaliWingsNut

It could have made whatever injury eaves had worse. However, as far as the game is concerned, it was awesome.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Dumb play by Kronwall.

If Eaves was legitimately hurt there (as in torn ACL or something), then you can't have him risk trying to move too quickly. Like when they tell people at accident scenes to not move the injured party, for risk of worsening the injury.

On the bright side, it's the first time Kronwall has done anything aggressive this season.

Agreed. The Wings had cleared the zone so there was no immediate scoring chance for the Preds, and with Eaves clearly injured, the refs likely would've (or should've anyway) blown the whistle.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

If Eaves was legitimately hurt there (as in torn ACL or something), then you can't have him risk trying to move too quickly.

How would a torn ACL be affected by what Kronner did? If he had a broken bone, maybe. A spinal or head injury, yes. But Eaves never left the bench. For all we know, he was yelling "effing charlie horse", in which case, shovel him to the bench. I guess I just like tough hockey and you'd prefer to pussify it. ;)

seen this done before, still hilarious though. i dont really see where anybody couldve thought this injury was more than a broken/bruised foot. it was clearly a shot to the ankle/foot. to me it looked like eaves was laughing when he looked at kronwall, which is very typical for him.

seen this done before, still hilarious though. i dont really see where anybody couldve thought this injury was more than a broken/bruised foot. it was clearly a shot to the ankle/foot. to me it looked like eaves was laughing when he looked at kronwall, which is very typical for him.

Didn't seem like laughing to me, more like "what's happening, who's pushing me?" Eaves expression was very painful when he finally got to sit down on the bench.

I think what Kronwall did was fine. He realized that the refs ain't going to blow the whistle so helping Eaves to the bench allowed him to get medical attendance quicker and also the team to get new player on the ice for the PK.

For those saying it was dumb I guarantee you that if they asked Eaves he would be happy Kronwall did it... Kronwall knew he blocked a shot and a hockey player doesn't mind some pain for the benefit of the team. That would have been a 5 on 3 basically with Eaves not able to stand up laying right in the middle to get rocked by another shot. These guys are NHL'rs they know the Ref's wont blow the whistle and Kronwall knew that it wasn't a torn act or anything from a blocked shot. Yes it probably caught Eaves by surprise but I bet for a fact and I know I would want the same as a hockey player is to get me off the ice cause I wouldn't want to be responsible for a goal against. Great sacrifice by Eaves to block the shot, and heads up play by Kronwall and Eaves to get him off the ice.

Crash

LOL I thought it was pretty funny. I love hockey. nearly choked on my drink when I saw this. Yes, it seemed like Eaves was looking at Kronwall in disgust lol.. I'm surprised they havent interviewed him about it

For those saying it was dumb I guarantee you that if they asked Eaves he would be happy Kronwall did it... Kronwall knew he blocked a shot and a hockey player doesn't mind some pain for the benefit of the team. That would have been a 5 on 3 basically with Eaves not able to stand up laying right in the middle to get rocked by another shot. These guys are NHL'rs they know the Ref's wont blow the whistle and Kronwall knew that it wasn't a torn act or anything from a blocked shot. Yes it probably caught Eaves by surprise but I bet for a fact and I know I would want the same as a hockey player is to get me off the ice cause I wouldn't want to be responsible for a goal against. Great sacrifice by Eaves to block the shot, and heads up play by Kronwall and Eaves to get him off the ice.

Crash

But I am confused about that. Why wouldnt the refs blow the whistle if he was clearly hurt?

Agreed. The Wings had cleared the zone so there was no immediate scoring chance for the Preds, and with Eaves clearly injured, the refs likely would've (or should've anyway) blown the whistle.

I think thats why Kronwall did it in the first place, because the refs made it pretty clear that even though they should blow the whistle, that they weren't going to and Eaves was on his own.

LOL I thought it was pretty funny. I love hockey. nearly choked on my drink when I saw this. Yes, it seemed like Eaves was looking at Kronwall in disgust lol.. I'm surprised they havent interviewed him about it

But I am confused about that. Why wouldnt the refs blow the whistle if he was clearly hurt?

The refs wont blow the injury until we get control of the puck or they are no longer in a scoring threat, which being on a power play it would have been hard to break up an offensive threat 5 on 3. This is all through the ref's discretion if they feel that the injury isn't obviously life threatening. This rule works for a couple instances like when the net is knocked off its pegs and the puck goes up ice. The puck will stay in play until the offensive threat is ended.

I think that a lot of people are confusing Eaves face of disgust of Kronwall pushing him with the disgust of not being able to stand up because of the blocked shot and the pain that was induced. The ref wasn't going to blow the whistle and knowing the type of player Eaves is I can almost guarantee that he was completely okay with what Kronwall did.