Photo
- - - - -

3/21 GDT: Penguins 5 at Red Wings 4 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
972 replies to this topic

#21 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:25 AM

Just don't embarrass yourselves. That's all I'm asking for.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#22 legaleaglewingsfan

legaleaglewingsfan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:51 AM

Weird its my birthday too. I also will be in attendance, but sadly my fiancee is a Pens fan and because its just shy of 3 hours to Det. and I was meeting with an old French teacher we both had in HS I am bringing her along and coughed up the money for 2 additional tickets foregoing the one I had right behind the Pens entrance tunnel. BUT in good news the old French teacher is a Wings fan so she will take my place to "welcome" the pens to the ice. We will be in S218B R9.

#23 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:04 AM

Current Streaks
Regular-Season Streaks
Overall: 1-game winning streak
Home: 2-game winning streak (1 overtime)

Historical Regular-Season Streaks v. Pittsburgh
Overall: 1-game losing streak
Home: 1-game winning streak

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season
Overall: 5W-3L-1OTL-1SOL
Home: 5W-5L

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season v. Pittsburgh
Overall: 6W-2L -1OTL-1SOL
Home: 6W-2L-1T-1OTL

Home Stand / Road Trip
This is the first game of a five-game home stand.

Record on this Day
March 21
This is the 28th regular-season game played on this day. The Club’s record in the previous 27 games:

13W-13L-0T-0OTL-1SOL

Days of the Week
This is the 8th game of nine regular-season games played on Monday this season. The Club’s record in the previous 7 games:

4W-3L

LGW.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#24 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:16 AM

Hank always seems to play well against Pittsburgh.

Cheers to that happening this evening Posted Image

I shall be in attendance so don't everybody get too worried about that yet. I feel like I have to get a W under my belt eventually and Hank steps his game up even more when Pav can't give it a go. Let's hope that is exactly what happens tonight and he pots a couple. Feels more so like a big game from Flip is on the horizon though. I am all for a 60 minute effort with Red Wings scoring many goals. Make it happen!
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#25 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:39 AM

How come we can't keep Salei out for another night, call up Tardif for that 12th forward spot and have him go after Cooke.

That's the world I'd want to live in Posted Image

#26 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:01 AM

Atleast mr cheapshot cooke will probably be out for this one.

#27 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:16 AM

This is almost like a playoff game for me. I'll have that same kind of intensity while watching it. If the Pens beat the Wings in Detroit without Crosby and Malkin, I'll never hear the friggin end of it. It'll be my birthday in a couple weeks (I know, lots of birthdays around now for LGWers), sure wouldn't mind a Wings blowing out the Pens-butt kicking as an early present ;)

#28 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:06 AM

There's no way Cooke will play in this game... Not a chance after what the Pens have said about headshots, when they have the headshot leader on their team. No no way. With that being said, wouldn't be at all surprised if he plays.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:17 AM

I never understood why certain animals would eat their young....then I saw Matt Cooke and I understood instantly

If he plays tonight, Bettman truly is a retard and we should hunt him down and beat him.(He's probably gonna play)

Wings win 4-2 (Mule, Apple Fritters, and Cleary x2)
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#30 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:24 AM

Wings win 4-2 (Mule, Apple Fritters, and Cleary x2)

Not playing unfortunately. I like where your heads at with Clears though. Posted Image

#31 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:43 AM

Not playing unfortunately. I like where your heads at with Clears though. Posted Image

That's right. Well then maybe Kindl will score. He's kinda growing on me.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#32 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:47 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#33 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:49 AM

Posted Image

#34 redwingcapt

redwingcapt

redwingcapt

• PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:08 AM

i will also be in attendance. Im still looking to start a Crosby Sucks CHANT. ill be in section 227a row 18... so look, or i should say listen, for me! GOOOO WINGSSSSSS
To whom much is given, much is expected

#35 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:31 AM

Sucks that Pavs and Mule won't be playing. I'l be at this game S222 R6. Was looking forward to Howie giving Cindy another well deserved face wash, but oh well. Just hoping the Wings can start putting together a string of home wins going into the playoffs. Gonna be really pissed off if Cooke is playing in this game.

Cooke will not be playing. He will get SOME length of a suspension, the only question is how long.

i will also be in attendance. Im still looking to start a Crosby Sucks CHANT. ill be in section 227a row 18... so look, or i should say listen, for me! GOOOO WINGSSSSSS

No. No xxx sucks. That is something that Nashville or Hawks fans do.
Do or do not. There is no try

#36 hotwings24

hotwings24

Super Wings chick!

• 48 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:34 AM

Good luck wings! ill be rooting from home tonight!

#37 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,826 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:44 AM

Cooke will not be playing. He will get SOME length of a suspension, the only question is how long.

One game?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#38 redwingcapt

redwingcapt

redwingcapt

• PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:48 AM

No. No xxx sucks. That is something that Nashville or Hawks fans do.

i dont think you could understand my hatred for crosby, everyone one saw him lift the cup on our ice on tv, but i saw it live in front of me, after he didnt play more than half of game 7, he was okay to lift it up, and the smirk on bettman's face in the picture when crosby lifts the cup is just gut wrenching to me. I hate crosby, i hate the penguins, and i hate the city of pittsburgh. i dont care if he plays or not, i did it last year at home, and i will do it this year. tonight is my night to unleash all my hatred for him and the pens. dont try and stop me please :ranting:
To whom much is given, much is expected

#39 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,826 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:59 AM

You can expect the Pens lines in the OP to not be completely accurate, as they will surely be missing a certain #24.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#40 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:01 PM

i dont think you could understand my hatred for crosby, everyone one saw him lift the cup on our ice on tv, but i saw it live in front of me, after he didnt play more than half of game 7, he was okay to lift it up, and the smirk on bettman's face in the picture when crosby lifts the cup is just gut wrenching to me. I hate crosby, i hate the penguins, and i hate the city of pittsburgh. i dont care if he plays or not, i did it last year at home, and i will do it this year. tonight is my night to unleash all my hatred for him and the pens. dont try and stop me please :ranting:

I hate him too man, just not worth to chant something when he isn't even playing. Cheer our team and again, do not become Blackhawks "fans". Our boys need us tonight with the depleted roster as well. GO WINGS!