Photo
- - - - -

3/21 GDT: Penguins 5 at Red Wings 4 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
972 replies to this topic

#961 Finnish fanatic DRW fan

Finnish fanatic DRW fan

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:01 AM

:) yeah and i understand clearly why. i've been very frustrated too because he's got good speed and hand's but bad shot. But still he need shoot more like coach have told him to do.Hope he's continue playing like lastnight. Next season me and few DRW fans come to Detroit.That's promise:)

#962 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:07 AM

From highlights that looked and sounded like a Playoffs match. Very loud Joe, I love it. Can't wait for Playoffs...

But Howard was giving some juicy rebounds and it costed. :thumbdown:
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#963 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:44 AM

Hi all Red Wings fans. This is my first post. I live in Finland and i'm fanatic DRW fan. Fil was great against Penguins lastnight. Finaly. I hope he's getting better after injury. Hope Dat's coming back soon because he's my'n number 1 hockeyplayer in the world :) Let's go red wings. Wings for ever. And sry my english :)

Greetings and welcome to the dark side. ;)

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#964 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:24 AM

Detroit has 9 points on the Hawks. The only way they take less than third is if the Hawks take the Central, which they won't.

You're right. After doing the math, we'd need to be much worse than the 0.55 to lose the Central. My bad on the math. At this pace we'll end up at 105 pts, with s***cago at 100.

You aren't being a "realist", you just sound foolish unfortunately. Panic buttons are all the rage. They looked bad, but salvaged a pretty great point last night no matter what you want to say. Not sure how you gathered this notion of the 5-6 seed thing though. No way will we lose the division.

You're right, my math was wrong. Not panicking, but also not resorting to personal attacks. We'll see what happens if the Wings find themselves trailing 0-4 during a playoff game. My point is this s*** isn't going to cut it in the playoffs, and this team isn't showing signs of not getting good starts in games consistently.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#965 Finnish fanatic DRW fan

Finnish fanatic DRW fan

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

Thx :) Can't wait

#966 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:41 PM

Howard's inconsistency drives me nuts. I hope he doesn't start a bad streak unless he can end it before playoffs and start playing amazing for the remainder of the playoffs. In that case I say get it out of your system, Howard!
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#967 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:52 PM

I got in here late, I was at the game last night, great atmosphere! I counted today, that was my 14th trip to the Joe and that was BY FAR the loudest and best crowd I've ever been a part of at any sporting event I've been to! To bad the shootout ruins such great games. It's almost a shame either team has to lose. I never had a problem with ties.

Just a comment on the "Crosby Sucks" chant, loved it! I was in section 217A, and after the Wings cut the lead to 4-3, the section to the right of mine started a "Pittsburgh Sucks" chant, and it changed to "Crosby Sucks". I don't know if people thought it was classless, but in reality, who are we hurting? We're just having fun.

Anyway, over all great game and night. When Modano scored to tie it, not only did I stand up to cheer, I also jumped as high as a I could :hehe: and I'm sure I was one of 20,066 who did! I have a 3 hour drive to Detroit for games, so the game was well worth not getting to bed until 2:30am and being tired at work all day today.

I love how Pierre McDouche has to ask EVERY Pens player about Matt Cooke.

So glad I was at the game and didn't have to hear Pierre on TV.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#968 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

At least we made a game of it, right? They could have packed it in when we were down 4-1, but they rallied back to force a shoot-out. That says something about character or improbable verve....something like that.

All I asked was for the Wings not to embarrass themselves, and while they did so early on, they redeemed themselves. It makes the loss a little easier to take, at least.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#969 brandon27

brandon27

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

From highlights that looked and sounded like a Playoffs match. Very loud Joe, I love it. Can't wait for Playoffs...

But Howard was giving some juicy rebounds and it costed. :thumbdown:

I was at the game last night, and can honestly say, of all the wings games I've been to at the Joe, I've never heard the crowd as loud as it was last night. It felt great as a fan, so I'm sure the players loved it.
Posted Image

#970 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:43 PM

The Pens look really tired. The back-to-backs caught up with them. Time to finish them off now.

Nobody's gonna see this post because it's so far past the event, but they were indeed mostly on their knees. They were playing desperate and stoopid in the last few minutes of the game. Letang went berserk more than once. Neal should have been penalized for chocking Helm while he was down in front of their net.

The main thing we noticed through at least half the third period was that Babcock kept the Wings' shifts very short, trying to take advantage of the Poopyjammer Pens' poopedness. It almost worked. And Modano had a great third period along with of course, Helm and Flip. It was great to see him rev it up.

We were there and we don't feel like we got screwed, even coming all the way from Texas to see it.

I've got to give props to the fans at the Joe - a lot more of them hung in there than I might have imagined. WTG, Wings fans!! Never, ever count the Wings out.

Bet yer buns. No way in hell I would have left that contest. :w00t2: Yep, it took them seemingly forever to get going, but I was proud of their effort.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#971 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

The Joe's reaction to Modano's tying goal was one of the loudest I've ever heard come out of the venue!

YES,IT.WAS! The kind that makes your brain rattle and your ears squeal back at you. :lol:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#972 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:56 PM

I WAS THERE, I WAS THERE!!! Sorry, just got back from Detroit on Thursday and had to come in and gloat. Hot dang that was a fun game! If I had to go to a loss, that was the way to do it!

The Joe's reaction to Modano's tying goal was one of the loudest I've ever heard come out of the venue!

Yes!! I was saying my prayers all week long, hoping that Modano would get a goal while I was there, and I just about lost it and definitely scared the crap out of the kids next to me when he did get it. And not only did he get a goal, but it was the game-tying goal. Holy Mo-ly. (You know I'm excited when the lame-o puns start to roll out.)

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#973 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:11 PM

YES,IT.WAS! The kind that makes your brain rattle and your ears squeal back at you. :lol:

I was there too. It was easily the loudest ive ever heard the Joe, it was like we reached a whole new level of crazyness. I seen New York vs Boston, in Boston, and that was the loudest, rowdiest game i had ever been to. This was better.