• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nate94gt

will the wings re-sign modano?

Rate this topic

No offense, but this thread pisses me off. Let's finish with the season and the playoffs and then discuss. His real worth will be determined in the playoffs where his playoff experience and leadership might make the real difference.

Right now the Wings overall poor effort against the pens is enough for us to talk about! lol

I'm not going to sit here and say I haven't seen him float around the ice wandering around but come on guys. Why did we sign Modano in the first place? For veteran leadership and experience in the PLAYOFFS. Why can't we get things like the playoffs and regular season are two different storms fellas? How many times does this need to be said? Let's ask this question AFTER the playoffs are done... please...

He's depth. Frankly, if he can live with fourth line minutes and a view from the press box from time to time, I'd give him another year on the cheap. But no, Mikey Mo… no more PP time. Sorry.

He's playing well tonight though.

I just love it how because we 'signed him for the playoffs' it means he can float all regular season, suck it up, but that's all okay because that's not why we signed him. What a cop out! And how is a washed up 40 year old suddenly going to flick the switch? Incredible.

Edited by Aussie_Wing

I think he's been one of the better players out there the last two games. He showed some good grit tonight even, using his body. It's hard to say because of his injury we haven't got a good sample of what he can do, so I'll agree with seeing how he does in the playoffs to make judgment.

Too early to say. But the Wings have 14 forwards this year. Modano, Draper, Eaves and Miller are all UFAs.

They have Mursak and Emmerton both out of options and possibly Ilari and Tatar ready to come up.

So My thoughts are no...

My guess is Draper is back on a 2-way and spends most of the year in Grand Rapids, Tatar spends his last year in Grand Rapids and Mursak, Emmerton, Ilari and Miller will compete for spots with Eaves almost a shoe in to keep his job.

So with the forward depth we have, i say no.

I'd like us to get younger. I know we've got around and around with this kind of discussion about 4,156,813,266 times, but seriously get some muscle up front. A grinder. If we meet a team like San Jose in the playoffs, we're gonna get grinded right into the ice. Jared Boll, David Clarkson, Dan Carcillo, Chris Thorburn, Gregory Campbell, and Zenon Konopka are all available this off-season, and that's not even the tip of the iceberg.

I'd like us to get younger. I know we've got around and around with this kind of discussion about 4,156,813,266 times, but seriously get some muscle up front. A grinder. If we meet a team like San Jose in the playoffs, we're gonna get grinded right into the ice. Jared Boll, David Clarkson, Dan Carcillo, Chris Thorburn, Gregory Campbell, and Zenon Konopka are all available this off-season, and that's not even the tip of the iceberg.

Ooh, then maybe we can get preferential treatment on supplemental discipline :ph34r:

J/k, I see where you are going with this and I agree. There are too many young, grinding forwards out there for us to keep bringing in and/or resigning aging skill. If I had it my way, aside from Lidstrom no one over the age of 35 should even be considered as a free agent signing, Draper needs to hang them up after this year and make room for the kids from GR (or sign a 2 way deal and play in GR for mentoring purposes), Modano should retire, and we need to lock up Eaves multi-year and bring in one of the aforementioned gritty guys.

I'd say that two of Modano, Eaves, Miller, and Draper are staying. At this point, I'm not sure who the two will be (although one (or both) of Miller and Eaves is likely).

I really don't see Draper leaving after this year, he's been too good. Eaves is money and is the best of the lot. Mursak replaces Miller. Unfortunately Modano needs to go but probably wont.

Too early to say. But the Wings have 14 forwards this year. Modano, Draper, Eaves and Miller are all UFAs.

They have Mursak and Emmerton both out of options and possibly Ilari and Tatar ready to come up.

So My thoughts are no...

My guess is Draper is back on a 2-way and spends most of the year in Grand Rapids, Tatar spends his last year in Grand Rapids and Mursak, Emmerton, Ilari and Miller will compete for spots with Eaves almost a shoe in to keep his job.

So with the forward depth we have, i say no.

This.