• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Datsyuk, Franzen, Hudler & Bertuzzi likely will not play

Rate this topic

Jesus, not this again. Let's hope it doesn't spiral like it usually does. Knock on wood.

Or else, lets hope they're just being rested to get ready for the playoffs.

EDIT: Kind of concerned that Datsyuk isn't even skating.

Edited by VM1138

I mean, really? We know Hudler is getting his strength and all that back from losing 7 pounds or whatever but WTF is going on with Pav and Mule? It is close to playoffs and that is more important but its going to be a herculean effort to get a W out of this one. Here is hoping.....

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I thought about buying tickets to this one but screw that.

I have a feeling that Bert's just got some aches and pains and they are taking a precautionary approach. I really don't like that Datsyuk is not skating. 9 games left in the regular season and the Wings' best player is out with who knows what kind of injury and not skating. Not as worried about Franzen as Datsyuk but it is still disheartening to hear that he only skated for a few minutes.

Ozzie will probably be ready and they will send Joey down to call up a much needed forward.

man, what the f***. i fully expect at least one to dress. if we want to stay up top we need at least a couple wins here. i think they want to stack our team for the leafs game lol cause it should be an auto-win. but i hate this. seems like every time we lose a game its gotta be like 3 in a row, and then we go on a 4 game win streak then we lose another 4 in a row before we start winning again...

Guest Howard He Do It?!

man, what the f***. i fully expect at least one to dress. if we want to stay up top we need at least a couple wins here. i think they want to stack our team for the leafs game lol cause it should be an auto-win. but i hate this. seems like every time we lose a game its gotta be like 3 in a row, and then we go on a 4 game win streak then we lose another 4 in a row before we start winning again...

As it stands right now Toronto is 5 points out. They are not just going to role over.

None of the injuries are serious. Babcock said if this were the playoffs, "they'd be playing.''

"That's why I'm not a doctor or a therapist. I don't have to make these decisions,'' Babcock said. "I always tell the guys once the playoffs start I'm the team doctor. Until then, we got people who make those professional decisions.''

Listen, if Babcock wants to pull a Bowman at the end of the season, let him do it. Right now we're squared against Nashville and I personally don't want to play them first round right now so I could give two rants about some of these games.

Hi over-reaction, nice to meet you... guys are dinged up. period.

I was at last night's game. not too pretty watching teams key up on Lidstrom, Howard and Zetterberg. These guys are every bit as crucial as the ones sitting out.

p.s. you are welcome :)

Wings are evidently mailing-in the remainder of the season. This will likely cost them second round home ice. I hope they are up for it!

Two things came to mind when I read this:

1) So? We suck at home this season anyway.

and

2) Second round? Seriously? With this team?

:P

Now that the league (Western Conference especially) has established good parody, there really isn't as much of an advantage to being a top seed and versing a 7th or 8th seed team. Chances are, if you make the playoffs, the 8th seed is going to give you just as much hell as the 3rd seed. Ken Holland himself has said as much. The only real advantage is home ice, but it is worth sacrificing health to maintain home ice advantage throughout the playoffs (especially with our home ice record), or is it more beneficial to drop a couple games late in the stretch when most teams are playing physical gritty playoff style games to climb in the standings and go into the real dance feeling less banged up? I'd rather be a third or fourth seed and relatively healthy, than a second seed and worn down.

On that note, don't be surprised if Zetterberg misses a couple games before Round 1.

Apparently Mursak has been called up.

That is something.

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=553979

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Red Wings on Wednesday recalled right wing Jan Mursak from the Grand Rapids Griffins.

Mursak, 23, makes his third trip to Detroit this season, after netting one goal and logging an average of 8:13 in ice time through 17 games over two previous stints (14 games from Dec. 27-Jan. 26, three from Feb. 2-5).

The second native of Slovenia to play in the NHL (Los Angeles’ Anze Kopitar), Mursak currently ranks among the Griffins’ leaders with 11 goals (T5th), 17 assists (7th) and 28 points (6th) through 39 games. He has tallied four assists in four outings with Grand Rapids since returning from his latest recall to Detroit.

Mursak will be available for action on Thursday when the Red Wings host the Dallas Stars at 7:30 p.m.

Edited by Doc Holliday