• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
luvpucks

Helm

Rate this topic

I'm just wow'd by how his game has been towards the end of the season.

To me, with the absence of Datsyuk, he is the only one playing with desire. I know the boys clawed their way back last night on true grit but he was the one that was making the plays last night to win it and not let it go to OT.

The kid has been amazing. Hope his play continues in the playoffs.

Love #43!!! thumbup.gif

Dude is a bonafide stud. His game, as we have mentioned a lot, has really taken off. Can only see him getting stronger, and the hands getting even better. 20-25 goals is not impossible for this kid by any means at all.

I thought he'd be an extremely effective 3rd liner. However he seems to be consistantly improving. You can tell he has worked his hands alot and they are slowly catching up with his speed, if he can completly put those 2 features together he may very well be a 1st liner. Right now I do think he would be an effective 2nd liner, he has something this team lacks and that is heart. He doesn't take a shift off adn if he's knocked down he pops right back up, also you basically have to move the camera out anytime opposing teams player is on a breakway because he back checks like it's the SC finals every s***.

Sent my Dad a text about this during the Pens game. Kid just works, all the time. It's amazing to watch him exasperate our opponents when he gets rolling. His hands have improved drastically over the past season or so. It'd be great to see some more scoring upside; but I'm not complaining. I hope this kid continues to wear a Wings sweater for years to come.

if a hockey team was built solely with guys like helm, they would go far every year. is he a sniper? nope. a deker? nope. 50 goal scorer? nope. hart trophy finalist? nope. then what the f*** does he have? heart and determination. he plays every shift like its his last. you cant teach that. you can teach hockey moves.

Edited by nate94gt

if a hockey team was built solely with guys like helm, they would go far every year. is he a sniper? nope. a deker? nope. 50 goal scorer? nope. hart trophy finalist? nope. then what the f*** does he have? heart and determination. he plays every shift like its his last. you cant teach that. you can teach hockey moves.

I said this in another thread, but Stanley Cups are won on what Helm has. Everyone in the postseason has skill, that's not the difference maker (unless you're the 2002 Wings). For every Datsyuk there's a Malkin, for every Zetterberg there's a Getzlaf. Heart is the difference between first and second place, not skill, and Helm has as much heart as anyone in the league.

If Holland were to throw a long-term contract to this kid, I would love it, even though he's a third liner.

If Holland were to throw a long-term contract to this kid, I would love it, even though he's a third liner.

I couldn't agree more. If this kid ever wears a sweater other than for the Wings I will be deeply saddened. His desire and play are incredible.

Edited by Frozen-Man

I could post 3 million different things as I go with this thread. Just more pops into my head, but he is playing to an even bigger contract down the road, 2nd line type minutes, and possibly a future Assistant Captain. His development has been the most fun to watch of any Wing I can remember.

Edited by HankthaTank

loved the game he had last night against the pens. After the Wings got back into it, every time helm touched the puck and took more than a stride the crowd starting cheering, expecting him to fly with the puck. great excitement, even through the TV. No points on the night for him, but I thought he imposed himself on the game.

I've loved him since he played for the MH Tigers, Team Canada days.. I think he could be a 20 goal scorer in the next 2-3 years. Wish that his work ethic was more contagious.. He's a stud no other way to say it. He's my fav Red Wing that "kind of goes under the radar". Well then again I guess he's more on the radar lately with his stellar play :clap: