• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fixxxer

Ken Daniels on VS?

Rate this topic

thought the same thing as soon as I turned it on. Is Murphy there too? haven't heard him yet, but I know he does the NHL Network on the fly. Kenny going national, congrats.

Versus always grabs announcers from other teams. Not sure why Daniels has never been on before. Maybe he declined for certain reasons, who knows. Cool he is on, now.

Versus always grabs announcers from other teams. Not sure why Daniels has never been on before. Maybe he declined for certain reasons, who knows. Cool he is on, now.

Normally it's been a standard cycle of announcers and color commentators.

This season they have really been experimenting. The Hawks PBP guy did the Wings/Wild game earlier in the season.

Very cool to hear Kenny on the broadcast.

If I'm not mistaken VS/NBC has had to cut staff, so maybe they are short of their typical broadcasters perhaps.

Didn't have to cut staff. Comcast had NBC Sports take over Versus. NBC Sports made the changes.

im happy for him, but im not gonna lie, it is kind of pissing me off, because i feel like if your employed by the red wings, why go do another game?

who cares what he does on his days off???

i think its great for him and will only make him a better announcer overall. there's really no downside to this assuming it never interferes with wings games.

Finally versus gets a guy who deserves the spot. They let the Hurricanes, the Lightning, the Bruins announcers call games. Now they have a well rounded guy who is more than deserving of the job. Ken before the Red Wings worked for CBC kind of like the position that Elliot Friedman is in currently. I just hope he doesn't leave the Wings.

Guest Crymson

I've a friend who is a Flyers fan, and he thought Daniels was fantastic.

I turned the game on a little late and was quite pleasantly surprised. Good for Ken, he deserves it.

I thought the exact same, and I had wondered for quite awhile why he hadn't gotten the opportunity yet.

So out of context!!! It's surreal.

It's interesting to hear him be enthused for plays by both teams. Whatever the case, he certainly couples boundless enthusiasm with a great deal of knowledge of the game.

The Hawks PBP guy did the Wings/Wild game earlier in the season.

Yeah, and hearing him say "SOOOOOOOOYVE!" dozens of times got very annoying.