• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fixxxer

Ken Daniels on VS?

Rate this topic

im happy for him, but im not gonna lie, it is kind of pissing me off, because i feel like if your employed by the red wings, why go do another game? but im impressed with how much he know about these teams. and mickey should definately be there too blush.gif

I thought Ken Daniels would be contracted to FSN Detroit and not to the Wings

I was the same as all here.... I flipped by VS and watched for a couple seconds..."Wha wha whaaaaaat?"

I was happy for him. as a talent he can sell it to anyone he wants as long as FSN does not require his services.. Good for Kenny...National exposure for a Michigan Broadcaster of the Year!

I wonder if he is in a contract year....leaving?:ph34r:

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

Or this one, probably the favorite call by Ken Daniels for a lot of people here:

Every goal that game was epic with the "GAME...7!!!!" added at the end of each of them. I saw this about Kenny though and good to have him on the national broadcasts. I always wondered if they would use him for that. He has been great.

It was weirding me out, I had the game on as background noise and kept thinking the Wings were on. :lol:

Good for Kenny though, he did a great job! :)

Me too. I turned it on and walked in the other room and was like, huh? Ken, is that you?

as much as I love Kenny, be forewarned, this is how our beloved Dave Strader left us. A couple of guest shots on some ESPN games, he even called some college basketball games for ESPN before he got his contract. Can't blame him for taking the money and wanting to further his career. Maybe if Daniels follows, we can rescue Strader out of the dessert... We don't need another Mike Goldberg (even though he seemed to find his niche' in Ultimate Fighting) he just didn't seem to gel with Mickey. God knows Murphy aint ready for play by play, he's a sub sub par color guy....

I hope Kenny stays, and just makes some spot appearances, but you can't blame him if he wants to expand his career...

as much as I love Kenny, be forewarned, this is how our beloved Dave Strader left us. A couple of guest shots on some ESPN games, he even called some college basketball games for ESPN before he got his contract. Can't blame him for taking the money and wanting to further his career. Maybe if Daniels follows, we can rescue Strader out of the dessert... We don't need another Mike Goldberg (even though he seemed to find his niche' in Ultimate Fighting) he just didn't seem to gel with Mickey. God knows Murphy aint ready for play by play, he's a sub sub par color guy....

I hope Kenny stays, and just makes some spot appearances, but you can't blame him if he wants to expand his career...

Is that why they did ask Goldberg to return? Didn't work well enough with Mick?

Also, I'm not so sure about Ken Daniels leaving because he's done the national thing with his experience in CBC. I think he's happy in Detroit. Or at least I hope he is.

Is that why they did ask Goldberg to return? Didn't work well enough with Mick?

Also, I'm not so sure about Ken Daniels leaving because he's done the national thing with his experience in CBC. I think he's happy in Detroit. Or at least I hope he is.

I didn't mean it like him and Mickey didn't get along or didn't work good together, I meant it just never sounded or felt good for most fans. Sure, they were used to Strader and were a little weirded out by the new guy's voice instead of Stader, but the comfort zone just never got there for most fans. When Daniels took over, it didn't seem like that uncomfortable feeling was there. Daniels almost sounded like he has been doing Red Wings hockey for awhile. Maybe it was because of his CBC broadcasts and we were a bit familiar with his voice, rather than someone new like Goldberg. Anyhow, I too hope Kenny stays forever...

sidenote: To this day, nothing says Tiger Baseball like Ernie & Paul and George & Al, even though they cant stay forever, some die and some just retire, but the guys on the radio and TV now, just don't do it for me. I cannot even stand watching or listening to the Tigers because of it. Maybe after these guys retire, the next guys will sound more like baseball. But, for me, right now, these current announcers (tv and radio) don't sound like baseball...

...remember when there was no more Bruce Martyn and we had to get used to the new guy? Fortunately he was good, but he still isn't Bruce Martyn...

Ken Daniels is calling tonight's game on VS, Chicago at Boston. interestingly, Andy Brickley, the usual color guy for the Bruins, will be doing color tonight. guess no more slurp fest by Edzo on his boys

Watched the highlights of the game on nhl.com and I have to say a couple things.

1) Good to see Kenny doing some games on Versus.

2) I can see why people don't like him. He's got an over-dramatic emphasis at times and I could tell I wasn't as on-edge as I would be for a scoring chance because it wasn't during a game in which the Red Wings were playing. I'm going to have to pay attention during tomorrow's game to see if it's the same or if the on-edge feeling kind of blocks out his quirks that other teams' fans might disapprove of.

3) I really hope that this means he's going to be doing some games in the playoffs. I'd love to see him during some games over Doc and Joe Beninati any day of the week. A few of the VS. play-by-play announcers this year were pretty good though; whoever did our game on Hockey Day in America Sunday against Minnesota, to name one.

Either way, go Kenny. :thumbup: