• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/23 GDT: Canucks 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

This... is not good for either team benchmarking their playoff readiness, too many bodies on both sides missing to get an accurate reading. Lets just all agree now to not watch this game and ignore what ever result might come to pass OK?

I would love to see this truce but unfortunately we all know whenever something drastic in the game neither side will shut up. It's a big game for both sides with both sides missing very key roles. Unfortunately noone cares about that enough and this will become a "wings aint s*** canucks win the cup" or "vancouver aint s*** wings win cup" s*** talkfest. I wish the best to both teams, im just going to enjoy the game. Everyone get their flamesuits ready (both teams)

Canucks haven't played in almost a week, they recently lost the #2 faceoff man in the league for the rest of the regular season and playoffs, they haven't played well against Detroit all year AND, Wings are looking to benchmark their playoff readiness in tonight's game...

Canucks should win handily :thumbup:

We are? We are missing 1/3 of our forwards. I think the Wings would like nothing more than to win this game but a benchmark....I don't think so.

Let's win this one to show the canucks we want that president's trophy damnit.

That means nothing without the Cup. I'd give up that one for the Cup in a heartbeat.

I think the Wings will have a good game, they know that the Canucks are above them and they will hopefully want to make up for the poor start of Monday's game.

The president's trophy is a curse, they Canucks can have it :) I'd rather see our boys lift the only trophy that matters :thumbup:

I hope the Wings carry the momentum and heart they had in the 3rd period of the Pens game on Monday. If they do that, they should win easily.

So with Mursak being recalled that means Ozzie will be on the bench tonight... correct?

I thought I read that with out MacDonald being sent back down that we couldn't recall anybody?

Yes I think you're right! :D Maybe we'll see Ozzie in net for the next game.

I would too, but why not win them both?

As CallToArms stated, it's a curse anyway. It's nice to say you finished on top with points, but the doesn't mean anything if you don't make it to the finals. And I'm not saying we won't, but to be if you're booted out of the playoffs in the first or second round, your ranking during the regular season doesn't really mean much...except for record keepers.

Edited by WizardOfOz30

just get 1 point out of this one, please?

everytime i predict a loss they win :hehe:

again, i see a loss coming here. depleted line up and vancouver is hot hot hot.

Just give it your all and play like Helm for 60 mins (or just play Helm for 60 mins). thanks.

As CallToArms stated, it's a curse anyway. It's nice to say you finished on top with points, but the doesn't mean anything if you don't make it to the finals. And I'm not saying we won't, but to be if you're booted out of the playoffs in the first or second round, your ranking during the regular season doesn't really mean much...except for record keepers.

Eh well. I don't believe in curses or jinxes. But that's just me. Plus we'd have to get hot if we want to take the trophy right? So isn't now the time to get hot anyway?

http://www.usatoday.com/community/profile.htm?UID=7f199720956b03f0&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=7f199720956b03f0&plckPostId=Blog:7f199720956b03f0Post:fd3bca87-b013-4707-9e20-b0a473422a59&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest

Junior goalie gets unexpected call-up to Red Wings

Ontario Hockey League goalie Troy Passingham was hanging out with his girlfriend Monday when he received the call that every junior goalie would love to get: The Detroit Red Wings wanted him.

With Joey McDonald down in the minors and Chris Osgood possibly unavailable, the Red Wings brought in Passingham on a 24-hour tryout contract to possibly be Jimmy Howard's emergency backup Wednesday for a game against the Vancouver Canucks.

At the morning skate, Passingham said he didn't even know how much money he will receive, although that seemed to be the least of his concerns.

"My mindset will be to be prepared, and hopefully I will just watch, but you never know," said Passingham, who was an overage junior goalie for the Sarnia (Ontario) Sting who didn't make the playoffs.

Early in the afternoon, the Red Wings still weren't sure of Osgood's status. He has been recovering from surgery. The Red Wings sent down McDonald when they recalled Jan Mursak. Tight against the salary cap, the Red Wings ey have short-term injuries/illnesses with Pavel Datsyuk, Johan Franzen and Jiri Hudler. Coach Mike Babcock will make a decision on Hudler after the pre-game skate.

Passingham hopes to be signed by a pro team, but if he doesn't receive any offers, he plans to play Canadian college hockey. "Still chasing the dream," he said.

The president's trophy is a curse, they Canucks can have it :) I'd rather see our boys lift the only trophy that matters :thumbup:

I have always thought the P trophy was a curse too so I did some digging and found this Great article analyzing Presidents Trophy winners and playoff performance and it suggests that finishing 1st overall in the regular season isn't quite the playoff curse we all tend to believe. I think the reality is just that we all tend to remember train wrecks by top teams than we do their deep runs.

Lost in first round: FIVE (25 percent) -- 1991 Chicago Blackhawks, 2000 St. Louis Blues, 2004 Detroit Red wings, 2009 San Jose Sharks, 2010 Washington Capitals

Lost in second round: THREE (15 percent) 1992 New York Rangers, 1993 Pittsburgh Penguins, 2006 Detroit Red Wings

Lost in third round: FIVE (25 percent) 1996 Detroit Red Wings, 1997 Colorado Avalanche, 1998 Dallas Stars, 2003 Ottawa Senators, 2007 Buffalo Sabres

Lost in Stanley Cup Final: TWO (10 percent) 1990 Boston Bruins, 1995 Detroit Red Wings

Won Stanley Cup: FIVE (25 percent) 1994 New York Rangers, 1999 Dallas Stars, 2001 Colorado Avalanche, 2002 Detroit Red Wings, 2008 Detroit Red Wings