• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/23 GDT: Canucks 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

If finishing 1st in the league gives us a 25% chance of winning the cup give us the President's Trophy please... 1 in 4 chance is pretty damn good considering the playoffs by nature give everyone who qualifies a 1 in 16 chance.

We are not catching Canucks... so get used to the 1 in 16 chance.

Should be a good game tonight. Both teams are dealing with a number of quality injured players -- and for the Canucks Kevin Bieksa is in his first game back after about 6 weeks so he will be a little rusty. The chatter on Vancouver sports radio today is that this could be the last truly meaningful game of the regular season for the Canucks. If they can beat Detroit tonight it's pretty much coasting from here on out.

With the Canucks not having played in nearly a week, I expect they will be a little out-of-synch to begin with and the Wings will really take it to them in the first period and get an early lead. If the Canucks can start the second period only one or two goals down they should be able to make a game of it.

Another thing they talked about on Vancouver radio today was the hot topic of the day; dirty hits, head injuries and suspensions. They said that you just never hear about Detroit talked about in that context. Obviously, that was flattering towareds the Red Wings. The media in Vancouver has a great deal of respect for Ken Holland and your team.

Good to see you, Chairman.

Your team has done an amazing job this year with your injuries on D.

Not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but this game is also on FSD+/FSD+HD.

Please don't subject yourself to Vs. if you do not have to.

Edited by syntax

I have always thought the P trophy was a curse too so I did some digging and found this Great article analyzing Presidents Trophy winners and playoff performance and it suggests that finishing 1st overall in the regular season isn't quite the playoff curse we all tend to believe. I think the reality is just that we all tend to remember train wrecks by top teams than we do their deep runs.

Lost in first round: FIVE (25 percent) -- 1991 Chicago Blackhawks, 2000 St. Louis Blues, 2004 Detroit Red wings, 2009 San Jose Sharks, 2010 Washington Capitals

Lost in second round: THREE (15 percent) 1992 New York Rangers, 1993 Pittsburgh Penguins, 2006 Detroit Red Wings

Lost in third round: FIVE (25 percent) 1996 Detroit Red Wings, 1997 Colorado Avalanche, 1998 Dallas Stars, 2003 Ottawa Senators, 2007 Buffalo Sabres

Lost in Stanley Cup Final: TWO (10 percent) 1990 Boston Bruins, 1995 Detroit Red Wings

Won Stanley Cup: FIVE (25 percent) 1994 New York Rangers, 1999 Dallas Stars, 2001 Colorado Avalanche, 2002 Detroit Red Wings, 2008 Detroit Red Wings

Correct me if I am wrong....

75% of the P trophy winners did NOT win the Stanley Cup... seems like a curse to me.

i second that, let them have it

Good to see you, Chairman.

Your team has done an amazing job this year with your injuries on D.

Not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but this game is also on FSD+/FSD+HD.

Please don't subject yourself to Vs. if you do not have to.

Hey syntax.

Yeah they treaded water a little through the worst of it and alternated wins and losses for a few games but held up fairly well. More recently we've won 7 of our last 8 games.

Man am I looking forward to puck drop tonight. Lidstrom said today that the Canucks are a measuring stick for the Red Wings, but we always see it that way too.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

Ahh close Mursak! Anyways just got on, since it's still 0-0... :P

This should be a big game for the Wings. It'd be awesome ending the season with a bang and beating the top team in the league at the moment would be a great way to start that !

Red Wings 5 (Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Helm, Filppula, Mursak)

Canucks 3

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

GODDAM BUCKEYE CABLE TO HELL!!!

I switched to these bastards a little over the year ago because I told them all I cared about was lots of Red Wings in HD. Paid extra for VSHD. Now it says this game is "blocked" in the Toledo area. WTF? I call them and they tell me I now must buy the NHL package to see these games.

Thank God I can still watch Ken & Mickey, but you get used to HD and regular TV looks like somebody puked on your screen.

...bastards...