• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/23 GDT: Canucks 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

There was some content in my last post that wasn't directed at you. I covered two or three of you in my response.

Sure people can be idiots and to suggest there are no idiot Canucks fans would be foolish. However, that's no different than any fan base and generalizing can also often be foolish. It comes off sounding like you're saying your s*** don't stink.

I will grant you though that there may be more people going overboard this season with the success of the Canucks to date. As a matter of fact, I'd bet good money on it. It may or may not be similar to what went on in Detroit in 1996 after over 40 years of futility. My point is again, that people (Detroiters, Vancouverites) are more similar than they are different. Both of our turds stink of digested hockey.

I did actually acknowledge that all fan bases have their horrible fans. I never once stated that we are the model fan base of all sports. Basically, all that was brought up was the fact that I had little to no clue that it was this bad with this group. It was a generalization but it also had merit and a lot of fans who were there would back it up. Worse was hearing a Wings fan say "Luuuu". dry.gif It's cool, I still respect the hell out of the entire Vancouver team, it is more or less their fans who I look at differently. Changes nothing and I truly hope we can make it far enough to play against them. Could be a potentially epic series.

I did actually acknowledge that all fan bases have their horrible fans. I never once stated that we are the model fan base of all sports. Basically, all that was brought up was the fact that I had little to no clue that it was this bad with this group. It was a generalization but it also had merit and a lot of fans who were there would back it up. Worse was hearing a Wings fan say "Luuuu". dry.gif It's cool, I still respect the hell out of the entire Vancouver team, it is more or less their fans who I look at differently. Changes nothing and I truly hope we can make it far enough to play against them. Could be a potentially epic series.

Well just remember Hank that the bads ones always tend to get noticed more than the good ones, and there are plenty of good ones.

Lol @ "I truly hope we can make it far enough to play against them." I hope we make it far enough to play the Wings. :P