• Please log in to reply
476 replies to this topic

#441 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:42 PM

Went to the game, thought it was fine. Considering the fact that we were missing our key element player... datsyuk... The dude makes this team, his style, plays, and just having him around, he excites everyone. I also got to witness a vancouver fan and detroit fan almost make out after the game... drunk idiots! Posted Image

Everyone needs to calm down.. Detroit is doing what they should be, resting key players for the playoffs... not worrying too much about the finish of the season. They're balancing it out to fix the problems they need to and use these last few games to try and see what works before its too late to try new things without costing big time.

Vancouver doesn't understand this philosophy, understandingly this is why they'll never succeed in the playoffs Posted Image Most Vancouver fan's wouldn't realize this though, probably why they were all running around acting like idiots once they won.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#442 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:51 PM

Not very much hockey left. :(

Maybe if you are rooting for the Edmonton Oilers. The Wings are in the playoffs you know. :D

you want some more depressing stats?

in the last 51 games:

regulation: 17 wins, 18 losses
OT: 5 wins, 4 losses
SO: 4 wins, 3 losses

how about them wings?

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

The Vancouver Canucks could use a fan like you right now. Why don't you go cheer for them? :P
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#443 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:51 PM

Wings need some tiger blood. One gear, go! Need to be bi-winning, win here, win there, win-win everywhere.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#444 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,797 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:54 PM

Wings need some tiger blood. One gear, go! Need to be bi-winning, win here, win there, win-win everywhere.

Charlie Sheen would be a better defence coach then McCrimmon. Just sayin :ph34r:

#NOMOREKINDL

#445 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:57 PM

Charlie Sheen would be a better defence coach then McCrimmon. Just sayin :ph34r:

Brad McCrimmon's self esteem has just been destroyed.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 23 March 2011 - 10:58 PM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#446 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:21 PM

so basically this team will fail without datsyuk in the playoffs? i thought we had a over .500 win percentage when he was out before

#447 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:31 PM

Not very much hockey left. :(

Well there is the playoffs. That's at least four games. :ph34r:

#448 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:50 PM

how about them wings?

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

So I guess we wont see you around these boards again any time soon as you clearly stepped over that linePosted Image
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#449 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:10 AM

Lol, some of you guys crack me up.

I was at the game and the entire 1st period, the second half of the 2nd period and probably 90% of the third period we looked pretty damn good, even without Datsyuk, Franzen, and Bertuzzi. That's a good chunk of our depth right there and we still played pretty damn good. Sure we didn't play a full game, but that's to be expected at times. No team plays hard a full 60 minutes, and it sure didn't help that every shot we threw at Luongo was stopped aside from one.

Bottom line is, I'm not worried about missing the playoffs because we won't. I'm not worried about being anything shy of a 3 seed, because even if SJ passes us, who cares? As long as we're ahead of Chicago, I'm fine with it. As long as we're a 3 seed or higher, there's a 0% chance we can even play Vancouver again until the Conference Finals.

Howard looked good tonight too. The first goal went off Lidstrom's skate, and unless I was seeing things, there should have been a pretty blatant penalty call made on Vancouver right before they scored the GWG. The officiating was pretty bad, as mentioned before and a number of other things I saw, and I don't think we are seeing our full potential right now. This is the team that always turns it on in the playoffs, and when they do, they really have the potential to beat any team they face. Sure they might lose some games near the end of the season, but come on...are we that spoiled that we can't stand to see a couple of late-season losses because we're so used to having a top seed that we can just choose to rest Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and back in the day players like Shanahan, Yzerman, and Fedorov. Seriously, some of you need to walk away from the panic button.

Edited by lookalive07, 24 March 2011 - 01:10 AM.

Posted Image

#450 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:51 AM

So I guess we wont see you around these boards again any time soon as you clearly stepped over that linePosted Image

:lol: what line is that?

#451 Finnish fanatic DRW fan

Finnish fanatic DRW fan

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:01 AM

Damn that second period was terrible.Canucks skated harder and forecheck was much much harder than wings had. Helm was great again.

#452 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:04 AM

The Wings lost by 1 to the best team in the NHL without their best player in Datsyuk and without Franzen and Bertuzzi. Am I missing something here? Some of you need to chill out.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#453 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:08 AM

I thought we played fairly well last night. We dominated both the first and third periods, but weren't very good in the second. But i felt we could have created more offense if Hudler wasn't on the 4th line for the first 2 periods. I don't know why Babs is throwing him there it's not like he isn't playing well, doesn't have the skill, or isn't hustling. He is doing all those things and IMO if he was on with Z and Cleary all night last night we score more than one goal and probably win the game. What do you guys think? Thanks for having me on the boards LGW.

#454 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,364 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:56 AM

The Wings lost by 1 to the best team in the NHL without their best player in Datsyuk and without Franzen and Bertuzzi. Am I missing something here? Some of you need to chill out.

Agreed.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#455 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:12 AM

I thought Abby and Mursak had particularly strong games. Helm's line also played well, and they've been the only consistent performers in the past month. the first two lines just don't have enough firepower with the injuries. The Modano line that was great the other night didn't play as well. Miller is also looking a bit slower to me for some reason.

All in all, if this is a bad night for the Wings, their bad nights are improving.

#456 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:26 PM

Wings played a very good game even without Datsyuk, Bert and Franzen. Luongo was just a brick wall all night.

The two goals they scored were not Howard's fault as much as i got on him in the Pens game. The first was a deflection and the 2nd was Draper's fault because he had no one within a mile of him and somehow didn't get the puck out.

The Canucks are a good team and the fact that it was this close with such significant players out im looking forward to the playoffs.

#457 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:01 PM

I thought Abby and Mursak had particularly strong games. Helm's line also played well, and they've been the only consistent performers in the past month. the first two lines just don't have enough firepower with the injuries. The Modano line that was great the other night didn't play as well. Miller is also looking a bit slower to me for some reason.

All in all, if this is a bad night for the Wings, their bad nights are improving.

For me they both looked terrific. I was very disappointed we basically got no Mursak sightings in the last 12 or so minutes, not one shift, unless I am mistaken. Frustrating as he was playing well.

Also, Patrick Eaves was a GUN last night, made me proud with every shift. What a player. :thumbup:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#458 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:41 PM

I can't believe people are so upset about a 2-1 loss. Not to mention a 2-1 loss to the healthy, best team in the league while the Wings were depleted.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#459 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:45 PM

For me they both looked terrific. I was very disappointed we basically got no Mursak sightings in the last 12 or so minutes, not one shift, unless I am mistaken. Frustrating as he was playing well.

Also, Patrick Eaves was a GUN last night, made me proud with every shift. What a player. :thumbup:

I loved Eaves attitude after that clown hit him when he was down. He was pissed and it showed the rest of the game. Mursak is a beast... why is he not up permanently? He is fast, shoots the puck and hits people and is a lot of fun to watch.

#460 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:38 PM

I can't believe people are so upset about a 2-1 loss. Not to mention a 2-1 loss to the healthy, best team in the league while the Wings were depleted.

Canucks weren't healthy last night. Missing their top defenceman, a top 6 forward and one of the best penalty killers and face-off men in the league. As a matter of fact, the Canucks second best defenceman just returned to the line-up last night after 6-7 weeks out and was a little rusty. Canucks haven't played with a full line-up all year.

Edited by Chairman Maouth, 24 March 2011 - 02:48 PM.

It's better to be considered temporarily insane than permanently stupid.