• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Xitium

Passingham called up on 24 hour tryout.

Rate this topic

http://www.usatoday.com/community/profile.htm?UID=7f199720956b03f0&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=7f199720956b03f0&plckPostId=Blog:7f199720956b03f0Post:fd3bca87-b013-4707-9e20-b0a473422a59&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest

Junior goalie gets unexpected call-up to Red Wings

Ontario Hockey League goalie Troy Passingham was hanging out with his girlfriend Monday when he received the call that every junior goalie would love to get: The Detroit Red Wings wanted him.

With Joey McDonald down in the minors and Chris Osgood possibly unavailable, the Red Wings brought in Passingham on a 24-hour tryout contract to possibly be Jimmy Howard's emergency backup Wednesday for a game against the Vancouver Canucks.

At the morning skate, Passingham said he didn't even know how much money he will receive, although that seemed to be the least of his concerns.

"My mindset will be to be prepared, and hopefully I will just watch, but you never know," said Passingham, who was an overage junior goalie for the Sarnia (Ontario) Sting who didn't make the playoffs.

Early in the afternoon, the Red Wings still weren't sure of Osgood's status. He has been recovering from surgery. The Red Wings sent down McDonald when they recalled Jan Mursak. Tight against the salary cap, the Red Wings ey have short-term injuries/illnesses with Pavel Datsyuk, Johan Franzen and Jiri Hudler. Coach Mike Babcock will make a decision on Hudler after the pre-game skate.

Passingham hopes to be signed by a pro team, but if he doesn't receive any offers, he plans to play Canadian college hockey. "Still chasing the dream," he said.

I'm available for 4th line LW, Kenny, just incase Hudler can't go.

you'd probably play with more heart....

I'm also available to go tonight, just in case. I'll even be a punching bag for a Canuck if the Wings need some momentum.

I'm available to shove my louisville down the throat of the first player to give a Wing a headshot or knee to knee. I don't care, suspended me! First canuck to elbow someone gets a two hander to the throat...

honestly, im a sucker for stories like this. i'd love to see the kid get a s*** in net. Now i dont wish any harm to howie, but it would be cool.

kinda like how the coyotes called in that dude to back them up earlier this year.

Average OHL-er by his stats, so if he gets into an NHL game, we very well just may see him get a s*** in net, haha

:hehe:

I'm available to shove my louisville down the throat of the first player to give a Wing a headshot or knee to knee. I don't care, suspended me! First canuck to elbow someone gets a two hander to the throat...

I'm available also. We could be the modern day bash bros. Ya know....brothas from another motha. I'd be all for taken out the Sedin twins and who ever else get the end of my Reebok stick

...not. Unfortunately, the kid isn't getting his chance tonight.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/03/red_wings_chris_osgood_on_long.html

I'm available also. We could be the modern day bash bros. Ya know....brothas from another motha. I'd be all for taken out the Sedin twins and who ever else get the end of my Reebok stick

I use Eave's stick (got it from his Carolina days), so I'd naturally be the first choice. :P

A. 2 bad Bert is hurt get him in there!

B. why not try mrazak one of our prospects.

C. should we give daniel larsson a chance now that ozzy is on IR again

D. god dammit islanders

E. ozzy is gunna have a remarkable comeback a week before playoffs and lead the wings to the cup :champs:

A. 2 bad Bert is hurt get him in there!

B. why not try mrazak one of our prospects.

C. should we give daniel larsson a chance now that ozzy is on IR again

D. god dammit islanders

E. ozzy is gunna have a remarkable comeback a week before playoffs and lead the wings to the cup :champs:

C would work if he weren't back in Sweden playing.