• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

96warrior

Osgood on LTIR

Rate this topic

Dammit something told me the injury was much worse than they said it was. Something in osgoods voice whenever he talked about it just sounded like he was trying to convince you that it wasn't that bad, but it was.

I say let Joey be our #2 in the playoffs this kid has earned it! I have seen him get bounced around the league and show promise with horrible teams but knowbody ever gives him a full nhl contract! Ozzie has had his time to shine give this kid Joey Mac a shot! Used to watch him make ridiculous saves for the Islanders last year and he has been solid for us lately even outplaying Howard!

You do realize he's 31, right?

A. 2 bad Bert is hurt get him in there!

B. why not try mrazak one of our prospects.

C. should we give daniel larsson a chance now that ozzy is on IR again

D. god dammit islanders

E. ozzy is gunna have a remarkable comeback a week before playoffs and lead the wings to the cup

Guest Howard He Do It?!

If Ozzie is healthy come playoffs, which looks doubtful, I don't want him as the back up. He's missed too much time and won't be in game shape no matter how much he practices. It's too risky even with his pedigree.

I think this might be it for his career unfortunately :(

I agree. I don't mind having J-Mac as backup though. He's been decent. I think Kenny and co knew this whole time that Ozzie was maybe not going to come back 100% healthy. Would have been really nice to have Nabokov right about now....

i know people are gonna bash me for saying this. but it was kind of selfish for ozzie to claim he'd be find and back by march. he put his own hopes ahead of the interest of the team. we could have gone out and got a replacement at the deadline, but he insisted that he'd be back. now you get a situation where howard will be run into the ground by the second round. i like joey, but i don't think he's big game material. ozzie needed to give this team a chance to win by being completely honest about the seriousness of his situation. he kept downplaying it like it was nothing. i just don't think thats the actions of a team player. sounds like an old guy desperate for one last shot.

A. 2 bad Bert is hurt get him in there!

B. why not try mrazak one of our prospects.

Who? Mursak?

C. should we give daniel larsson a chance now that ozzy is on IR again

He went back to Sweden. If you mean McCollum, he has been in Toledo much of the year.

D. god dammit islanders

Probably would have been someone else. We were near the bottom of the list.

E. ozzy is gunna have a remarkable comeback a week before playoffs and lead the wings to the cup

Right now, I would prefer the Wings to win a Cup with Howard to get experience, but if either one gets the Cup, it all works. Just don't see Osgood being ready for a playoff run, since he hasn't played many games the whole year.

i know people are gonna bash me for saying this. but it was kind of selfish for ozzie to claim he'd be find and back by march. he put his own hopes ahead of the interest of the team. we could have gone out and got a replacement at the deadline, but he insisted that he'd be back. now you get a situation where howard will be run into the ground by the second round. i like joey, but i don't think he's big game material. ozzie needed to give this team a chance to win by being completely honest about the seriousness of his situation. he kept downplaying it like it was nothing. i just don't think thats the actions of a team player. sounds like an old guy desperate for one last shot.

There's these people called doctors that have been signing off on this too. You really think a professional hockey team is just going to be going on the word from the player? Don't be silly. And even so, I doubt it was a matter of Osgood being expected to be ready so much as a lack of guys available that were worth moving on.

Edit:

Oh yeah, the same "team player" probably suffered a worse injury playing through the pain earlier in the season when Howard was playing like garbage. He put his own health on the line to try and help the team, knowing full well that these sorts of injuries are harder to come back from at his age. It's fine to be upset that he's not healthy and all; it's disappointing. But don't question the guy's character over it. That's just absurd. The guy loves this team as much anyone who's ever worn the jersey.

Edited by gcom007

There's these people called doctors that have been signing off on this too. You really think a professional hockey team is just going to be going on the word from the player? Don't be silly. And even so, I doubt it was a matter of Osgood being expected to be ready so much as a lack of guys available that were worth moving on.

Edit:

Oh yeah, the same "team player" probably suffered a worse injury playing through the pain earlier in the season when Howard was playing like garbage. He put his own health on the line to try and help the team, knowing full well that these sorts of injuries are harder to come back from at his age. It's fine to be upset that he's not healthy and all; it's disappointing. But don't question the guy's character over it. That's just absurd. The guy loves this team as much anyone who's ever worn the jersey.

I'm in med school right now. a lot of a doctor's diagnosis in this case is related to what the patient is experiencing. you have to take the word of your patient. scans and tests aren't the be all and end all. if ozzie is coming out in interviews and saying hes gonna be fine by march then he likely was saying the same to his doctors. it seems as though the injury was a serious one, and its hard to be realistic when your career is on the line.

I'm not doubting that he put his health on the line. it also wasn't a good choice thats all im saying. i love ozzie and what he's done for us. i don't want you to think im hating on him directly. it just seems like he's getting old and he's not the same player physically. i don't think he's fully accepted that. neways, im not interested in fighting. hence the :"i know im gonna get ripped on" in the original post.

It could be that Ozzie was feeling good with what he was doing at the time. He can only judge by what he had done and as practices got more intense for him is probably when he realized he's not ready. As much as I hate that he's not able to come back, he's making the right decision for his own health and the sake of team. What if he pushed himself and said he'll be fine and then something happens during an important game? Then everyone ends up losing.

I wish he would have had this surgery last season when he was sitting most of it anyway, he would have had longer to recover.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Chicago's position at the end of the season is major here. I'm not going to trust a goalie to play in the playoffs if the only action he sees is two skeleton crew games preserving players for the playoffs.

Edit: What am I saying. I'm not trusting Osgood to do anything more this season, he's done.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Chicago's position at the end of the season is major here. I'm not going to trust a goalie to play in the playoffs if the only action he sees is two skeleton crew games preserving players for the playoffs.

Edit: What am I saying. I'm not trusting Osgood to do anything more this season, he's done.

I couldn't agree more, no way could Osgood come in after playing 11 games and lead us to victory....but I still believe Jimmy can. LGW

Ozzie may be out for the season but I think talk about his retirement is premature. If he was so close to coming back a few weeks ago, and all he needs is 7-10 days of practicing to feel comfortable, that doesn't scream "I can't play hockey anymore!" to me. But he probably is done for the year, I doubt they throw him into the playoffs.

Ozzie may be out for the season but I think talk about his retirement is premature. If he was so close to coming back a few weeks ago, and all he needs is 7-10 days of practicing to feel comfortable, that doesn't scream "I can't play hockey anymore!" to me. But he probably is done for the year, I doubt they throw him into the playoffs.

well its not all up to ozzie whether or not hes coming back. the wings have to make the decision to resign him. and they shouldnt.

well its not all up to ozzie whether or not hes coming back. the wings have to make the decision to resign him. and they shouldnt.

As much as I hate to agree with you I do. Ozzie doesn't have much time to prove himself to the team and they can't take the risk signing him to another year if he will miss most of the season. His health is a big question mark right now and I don't see him signing with another team for just 1 season, especially as a back up.

I'm in med school right now. a lot of a doctor's diagnosis in this case is related to what the patient is experiencing. you have to take the word of your patient. scans and tests aren't the be all and end all. if ozzie is coming out in interviews and saying hes gonna be fine by march then he likely was saying the same to his doctors. it seems as though the injury was a serious one, and its hard to be realistic when your career is on the line.

I'm not doubting that he put his health on the line. it also wasn't a good choice thats all im saying. i love ozzie and what he's done for us. i don't want you to think im hating on him directly. it just seems like he's getting old and he's not the same player physically. i don't think he's fully accepted that. neways, im not interested in fighting. hence the :"i know im gonna get ripped on" in the original post.

To be fair, I don't know anyone who can predict months in advance when they will be healthy after a surgery. For the past few weeks, you might be able to put it on Osgood, but March has always been the target and this was likely predicted by the doctors. If anything, Osgood was given this general date and strived for it, despite not actually being ready.

This is a major set back in the confidence I have rolling into the playoffs. But I am with a few other people on here, I am going to grow out my beard and believe and hope Jimmah can lead us in the playoffs. Who knows, maybe Jimmah pulls an Ozzie and becomes a brick wall and stands on his head. Yeah he let's in some soft goals but if the defense in front of him plays up to their potential and stops making stupid middle of the ice turnovers right in front of him, Jimmah can lead us.

The Wings will win the cup! And Jimmah will be MVP!

I would feel bad for Ozzy, except I knew this would happen... I thought it was a mistake by Kenny to relied on Ozzy's word that he would be able to come back healthy. He is old and had hernia surgery. THis could be costly in the playoffs

To be fair, I don't know anyone who can predict months in advance when they will be healthy after a surgery. For the past few weeks, you might be able to put it on Osgood, but March has always been the target and this was likely predicted by the doctors. If anything, Osgood was given this general date and strived for it, despite not actually being ready.

Yeah, but it was obvious there was some concern because Kenny was exploring trade opportunities in the event Ozzy wouldn't be able to come back. I bet you Kenny's gut was telling him he will end up regretting this decision. But what could he do? Tell Ozzy to f*** off?