• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:53 PM

does this mean we still get to keep mursak for tonight?

yes

#22 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:55 PM

If not then I say dress the kid. Will he play? I hope not, but I would rather him ride the lumber and keep Mursak up.

well my thinking is that cuz now that ozzie is on the LTIR, his salary comes off the books for now, and then we have room for mursak and macdonald. i could be wrong though..
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#23 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:04 PM

well my thinking is that cuz now that ozzie is on the LTIR, his salary comes off the books for now, and then we have room for mursak and macdonald. i could be wrong though..

You are correct

#24 The Noodle 39

The Noodle 39

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

I say let Joey be our #2 in the playoffs this kid has earned it! I have seen him get bounced around the league and show promise with horrible teams but knowbody ever gives him a full nhl contract! Ozzie has had his time to shine give this kid Joey Mac a shot! Used to watch him make ridiculous saves for the Islanders last year and he has been solid for us lately even outplaying Howard!

Thank you Teeman!

#25 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:34 PM

We could really use Nabokov right about now.

This news is depressing on so many fronts.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#26 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:17 PM

Dammit something told me the injury was much worse than they said it was. Something in osgoods voice whenever he talked about it just sounded like he was trying to convince you that it wasn't that bad, but it was.

#27 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:32 PM

Tough news to hear about this situation.. If this is the end for him, not the way I'm sure all of us thought would be it... Get better quick Ozzie
IPB Image

#28 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:03 PM

I say let Joey be our #2 in the playoffs this kid has earned it! I have seen him get bounced around the league and show promise with horrible teams but knowbody ever gives him a full nhl contract! Ozzie has had his time to shine give this kid Joey Mac a shot! Used to watch him make ridiculous saves for the Islanders last year and he has been solid for us lately even outplaying Howard!

You do realize he's 31, right?

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#29 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:10 PM

A. 2 bad Bert is hurt get him in there!

B. why not try mrazak one of our prospects.

C. should we give daniel larsson a chance now that ozzy is on IR again

D. god dammit islanders

E. ozzy is gunna have a remarkable comeback a week before playoffs and lead the wings to the cup

#30 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:14 PM

If Ozzie is healthy come playoffs, which looks doubtful, I don't want him as the back up. He's missed too much time and won't be in game shape no matter how much he practices. It's too risky even with his pedigree.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#31 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:28 PM

I think this might be it for his career unfortunately :(

I agree. I don't mind having J-Mac as backup though. He's been decent. I think Kenny and co knew this whole time that Ozzie was maybe not going to come back 100% healthy. Would have been really nice to have Nabokov right about now....

#32 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:44 PM

i know people are gonna bash me for saying this. but it was kind of selfish for ozzie to claim he'd be find and back by march. he put his own hopes ahead of the interest of the team. we could have gone out and got a replacement at the deadline, but he insisted that he'd be back. now you get a situation where howard will be run into the ground by the second round. i like joey, but i don't think he's big game material. ozzie needed to give this team a chance to win by being completely honest about the seriousness of his situation. he kept downplaying it like it was nothing. i just don't think thats the actions of a team player. sounds like an old guy desperate for one last shot.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#33 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

A. 2 bad Bert is hurt get him in there!

B. why not try mrazak one of our prospects.

Who? Mursak?

C. should we give daniel larsson a chance now that ozzy is on IR again

He went back to Sweden. If you mean McCollum, he has been in Toledo much of the year.

D. god dammit islanders

Probably would have been someone else. We were near the bottom of the list.

E. ozzy is gunna have a remarkable comeback a week before playoffs and lead the wings to the cup
Right now, I would prefer the Wings to win a Cup with Howard to get experience, but if either one gets the Cup, it all works. Just don't see Osgood being ready for a playoff run, since he hasn't played many games the whole year.

#34 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,743 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:01 PM

Looks like we're f***ed for the playoffs, unless Howard switches bodies with a good goalie by then.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#35 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:15 PM

i know people are gonna bash me for saying this. but it was kind of selfish for ozzie to claim he'd be find and back by march. he put his own hopes ahead of the interest of the team. we could have gone out and got a replacement at the deadline, but he insisted that he'd be back. now you get a situation where howard will be run into the ground by the second round. i like joey, but i don't think he's big game material. ozzie needed to give this team a chance to win by being completely honest about the seriousness of his situation. he kept downplaying it like it was nothing. i just don't think thats the actions of a team player. sounds like an old guy desperate for one last shot.

There's these people called doctors that have been signing off on this too. You really think a professional hockey team is just going to be going on the word from the player? Don't be silly. And even so, I doubt it was a matter of Osgood being expected to be ready so much as a lack of guys available that were worth moving on.

Edit:

Oh yeah, the same "team player" probably suffered a worse injury playing through the pain earlier in the season when Howard was playing like garbage. He put his own health on the line to try and help the team, knowing full well that these sorts of injuries are harder to come back from at his age. It's fine to be upset that he's not healthy and all; it's disappointing. But don't question the guy's character over it. That's just absurd. The guy loves this team as much anyone who's ever worn the jersey.

Edited by gcom007, 23 March 2011 - 06:19 PM.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#36 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:28 PM

There's these people called doctors that have been signing off on this too. You really think a professional hockey team is just going to be going on the word from the player? Don't be silly. And even so, I doubt it was a matter of Osgood being expected to be ready so much as a lack of guys available that were worth moving on.

Edit:

Oh yeah, the same "team player" probably suffered a worse injury playing through the pain earlier in the season when Howard was playing like garbage. He put his own health on the line to try and help the team, knowing full well that these sorts of injuries are harder to come back from at his age. It's fine to be upset that he's not healthy and all; it's disappointing. But don't question the guy's character over it. That's just absurd. The guy loves this team as much anyone who's ever worn the jersey.

I'm in med school right now. a lot of a doctor's diagnosis in this case is related to what the patient is experiencing. you have to take the word of your patient. scans and tests aren't the be all and end all. if ozzie is coming out in interviews and saying hes gonna be fine by march then he likely was saying the same to his doctors. it seems as though the injury was a serious one, and its hard to be realistic when your career is on the line.

I'm not doubting that he put his health on the line. it also wasn't a good choice thats all im saying. i love ozzie and what he's done for us. i don't want you to think im hating on him directly. it just seems like he's getting old and he's not the same player physically. i don't think he's fully accepted that. neways, im not interested in fighting. hence the :"i know im gonna get ripped on" in the original post.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#37 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:22 PM

It could be that Ozzie was feeling good with what he was doing at the time. He can only judge by what he had done and as practices got more intense for him is probably when he realized he's not ready. As much as I hate that he's not able to come back, he's making the right decision for his own health and the sake of team. What if he pushed himself and said he'll be fine and then something happens during an important game? Then everyone ends up losing.

I wish he would have had this surgery last season when he was sitting most of it anyway, he would have had longer to recover.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#38 The Noodle 39

The Noodle 39

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:35 PM

You do realize he's 31, right?

Thats a kid for us lol! He deserves a shot just cause hes 31 does not mean stick him in the minors forever i hope he gets a chance.. but probably not :(

Thank you Teeman!

#39 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:42 PM

Not good. Too bad to see Ozzie go out this way, until he actually tends the net for a game I wont believe he's better or closer. Too many times have they said that this season.

#NOMOREKINDL

#40 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:45 PM

come back ozzie...we need you to save us in the playoffs again.