• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

96warrior

Osgood on LTIR

Rate this topic

As much as I hate to agree with you I do. Ozzie doesn't have much time to prove himself to the team and they can't take the risk signing him to another year if he will miss most of the season. His health is a big question mark right now and I don't see him signing with another team for just 1 season, especially as a back up.

Best thing Ozzie could do is sign a 2-way contract, mentor the kids in GR, and then prove his way back into the lineup.

I would feel bad for Ozzy, except I knew this would happen... I thought it was a mistake by Kenny to relied on Ozzy's word that he would be able to come back healthy. He is old and had hernia surgery. THis could be costly in the playoffs

Yeah, but it was obvious there was some concern because Kenny was exploring trade opportunities in the event Ozzy wouldn't be able to come back. I bet you Kenny's gut was telling him he will end up regretting this decision. But what could he do? Tell Ozzy to f*** off?

If there was major doubt, I think Holland would have pursued a trade more actively. Even if Osgood was healthy now, he would still have few games to get back in to shape, especially since he would likely the backup. Therefore, Osgood wouldn't likely have gotten more than ~5 games even if he was on track for mid/late March since Jimmy would still need to play to be ready for the playoffs.

Thats a kid for us lol! He deserves a shot just cause hes 31 does not mean stick him in the minors forever i hope he gets a chance.. but probably not :(

Well he's had stints - albeit short - with the Wings, Bruins, Leafs, and Islanders. It's not like he's never been given a chance.

I'm not trying to bash the guy, I like him just fine as a Griffin - but I'm not real comfortable with him as a Wing.

Well he's had stints - albeit short - with the Wings, Bruins, Leafs, and Islanders. It's not like he's never been given a chance.

I'm not trying to bash the guy, I like him just fine as a Griffin - but I'm not real comfortable with him as a Wing.

im not real comfortable with howard as a wing either.

Disappointed that Ozzie is still injured, would have liked to see him ready for the playoffs. He's a classy guy through all this. If he retires, I hope he becomes a goalie coach or something. Having said all that, I'm feeling better and better about J Mac backing up Howie ... he performed quite well recently.