• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Motown4013

In Defense of Joey Mac

Rate this topic

Since we have learned that Ozzie won't return and has suffered another set back, it occured to me that this doesn't frighten me as much as I thought. I would absolutely like to see Ozzie back for the playoffs because his veteran leadership- he has been to the show and won it all. In saying that, I have to give a ton of props to MacDonald. I know his stats are a bit lackluster but I think he has been very very solid for the Wings. This guy doesn't seem to have a panic button. He is ready to go in any situation and he has come up huge for us when needed. I am not just speaking of a few critial saves in the last game against the Pens but when I have watched him in previous games, I like his style of play...he is a much better goalie than I initially thought. Anyone else feel like jmac deserves some props? Also, could he be a starting goalie or a reliable 30 game back up at this point?

He's been solid, but mostly because Howard has been so inconsistent this year.

I'll freely admit I'm a fan of Jmac, but in nothing more than a backup role, and nothing more than starting the second night of back-to-back games.

He came up pretty big at the end of the Pitt game with a couple of timely saves and his game against Columbus was one of the better performances we have seen from a goalie in a while I'd say. Before that, a lot of people were ready to see him not only send back to GR but out of the organization. He is quite a serviceable backup I'd say. I actually felt pretty comfortable with him in the last couple of times out. All that lovefest aside, he is nothing more than a backup. Props to him though.

I have confidence in him especially after last 2 games and waaaaaay more then Ozzie at this point. Could be the next Michael Leighton?

That is where I was going too. I'd love for him to get a start against a competitive team when the wings are healthy and see what he can really do.

That is where I was going too. I'd love for him to get a start against a competitive team when the wings are healthy and see what he can really do.

He better start against leafs Saturday we'd win with him. With Howard we lose and we cannot lose to the leafs!!! Going to be go leafs go chants too saturday f***! And it's on HNIC!

I have confidence in him especially after last 2 games and waaaaaay more then Ozzie at this point. Could be the next Michael Leighton?

MacDonald is a better goalie than Leighton. A year older, but for a journeyman backup I think that doesn't really make a difference.

He just keeps giving me reasons to trust him more than Jimmy after last night against Chicago, I mean if it wasn't for that penalty with 4 seconds left we could have had a chance.

Edited by MGreenberg

A little praise from Kenny:

"He has taken the opportunity and run with it," Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said. "His numbers are fantastic (2.13 goals-against average, .928 save percentage in 14 appearances).

"He’s big, square, he competes."

Big and square. All goalies should be this biggrin.gif

his numbers are a hell of alot more impressive than howards. not sure why holland signed howard before the season ended, but i'd like to see joey mac as the back-up (or starter :ph34r: ) next year if this is the curtain call for Ozzy.

his numbers are a hell of alot more impressive than howards. not sure why holland signed howard before the season ended, but i'd like to see joey mac as the back-up (or starter :ph34r: ) next year if this is the curtain call for Ozzy.