CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:38 AM

http://new.bangordai...with-red-wings/

#2 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:46 AM

Pretty impressive. Nice that he can find the back of the net. Sign him up for some boxing lessons, I say.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#3 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:53 AM

Quick question, as for AHL players, do they have a chance of continuing their schooling or did Nyquist end up throwing away his senior years for his dream? I understand the salary of the AHL is ~38,000 and thats fine and dandy but I also feel bad that the guy is on his senior year of college and is now chasing the dream of a professional hockey player instead of finishing school. He sounds like hes got his head on his shoulders and can be a great assist to the team, I hope the best for him for his tryout and season with the GRG!

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#4 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:15 AM

Quick question, as for AHL players, do they have a chance of continuing their schooling or did Nyquist end up throwing away his senior years for his dream? I understand the salary of the AHL is ~38,000 and thats fine and dandy but I also feel bad that the guy is on his senior year of college and is now chasing the dream of a professional hockey player instead of finishing school. He sounds like hes got his head on his shoulders and can be a great assist to the team, I hope the best for him for his tryout and season with the GRG!

He is now a pro and won't be able to finish his senior season. Having said that, school will always be there - getting a chance at professional hockey might not.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#5 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:11 AM

So incredibly pumped with this news! Probably my third fav prospect behind Mursak and Pulu.

He's an underrated prospect is Gus, will at the very least be a third line winger, but probably a second. Very strong upside. :thumbup:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#6 PrairieDawg

PrairieDawg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:01 AM

He won't be able to play hockey at school, but he can always go back and get the credits to get his degree.

#7 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:05 AM

I would be like a million times more excited aboot this if the Wings/GR had a center that would fit really well with him.

But nonetheless I can't wait to see him play.

#8 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:10 AM

Someone education me quickly as I do not know if I should be doing the happy dance or not
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#9 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:13 AM

Someone education me quickly as I do not know if I should be doing the happy dance or not

@DetroitRedWings
In 113 NCAA games at the University of Maine, Nyquist has tallied 144 points (50 goals, 94 assists) in addition to 68 penalty minutes.

Watched some videos and the kid is a burner too with great puck skill. Getting the time in the A is for sure the best possible move here. Posted Image Dance away.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#10 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:27 AM

Jimmy Howard describes Nyquist as a poor man's Zetterberg.

Pretty exciting.

#11 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:29 AM

Highly skilled, very strong with the puck, sound defensively, Ive seen him a few times and hes just a very solid hockey player who you want on your team. Very exciting prospect, certainly one of our best.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#12 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:33 AM

Here you go...

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#13 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:44 AM

He looks good to me, anyone think he makes the team out of camp next year? Who has more upside him or Tatar? As far as school there is the summer like what Abby has been doing at MSU.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#14 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:54 AM

He sounds pretty good, nice to see him going to the A
IPB Image

#15 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

Here you go...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPUWmeTdVT4

Good find!

I wish someone had a highlights collection of him.

#16 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:11 AM

Good find!

I wish someone had a highlights collection of him.

Not a collection, but he scores at the beginning and at 1:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cEUoLnvTe0&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh+div-1r-2-HM

#17 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:12 AM

I would be like a million times more excited aboot this if the Wings/GR had a center that would fit really well with him.

Grand Rapids has two of the highest scoring centre's in the league. I don't see the issue?

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#18 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:13 AM

Good news!

That article says he will begin playing in Grand Rapids immediately? :yowza:

Hopefully he can make an impact on the end of this year and playoffs.

#19 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:15 AM

Also, Grand Rapids are playing Texas tonight. You all know where to go to watch it. 8:30PM EST start.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#20 Slabby

Slabby

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:26 AM

He's Zetterberg without the elite hockey sense or defense, but with better wheels. He seems to get a lot of breakaways at the college level. He was really a fantastic offensive guy at the college level, basically being Maine's franchise guy for the last 2 years. He should have won the Hobey last year, but Geoffrion's senior status put him over the top. Nyquist was the best player in college hockey by a long shot that year.

He probably won't be a first line type guy, but he could be a damn good 2nd liner. I could see him playing well with Tatar.

Edited by Slabby, 25 March 2011 - 10:32 AM.