• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:18 PM

And some very solid middleweights with Owens, Tardif, Smith and possibly even Kolosov who can handle himself.

Then on top of that you have some skilled guys like Mursak and Pare who will throw down and do alright on occasion. Lashoff could be a very solid scrapper as well, he just hasn't done it in Grand Rapids really unfortunately.

Yeah I think its safe to say Nyquist will be well taken care, but even Tatar has a fight this year so never say never.

ps UK I'm caught up on work now so I should be able to start catching the griffs again, must be getting lonely with hardly anyone to watch with lol

Not to mention GR has recently signed Mike Hedden, another solid middleweight fighter from the ECHL.

Kolosov isn't as strong as he used to be. He's lost some muscle this season and it shows. He's been ragdolled in his two fights this season. Pare is just one of those guys who will come out swinging when provoked. Good little player Pare. Been finding the net alot this season. He just can't defend. Smith hasn't been as physical since his injury which is understandable. Smith is a surprisingly good fight. Could easily become one of those physical defense fighters, but I doubt Detroit wants that. Tatar...just wanted to be part of the Toronto brawl I think. He did OK though, going against someone who fights several times a year.

Grand Rapids games are never boring. :cool:

Everyone who's a member of redwingslive get down tonight to watch the Griffins! :thumbup:

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#42 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:04 PM

Shawn Thorton did a piece with Comcast Sports Net New England and they followed him in an offseason workout.
He boxed but said it had a lot more to do with Cardio than it did fighting. Saying a hockey fight does not resemble boxing.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#43 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:34 PM

Everyone who's a member of redwingslive get down tonight to watch the Griffins! :thumbup:

Wow are they really the toughest team in the West? I've kept my eye on them but not the other teams.

#44 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:09 PM

Wow are they really the toughest team in the West? I've kept my eye on them but not the other teams.

With 3 heavyweights and a plethora of solid middleweights yeah they could be considered the toughest, its not a stretch by any means.

Nyquist looked good through one period of play so far tonight :thumbup:

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#45 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:17 PM

With 3 heavyweights and a plethora of solid middleweights yeah they could be considered the toughest, its not a stretch by any means.

Nyquist looked good through one period of play so far tonight :thumbup:

I missed the first, what's the score?

Also, I can't get the chat window to appear. Anyone have any suggestions (firefox isn't prompting me that I'm missing a plug-in)?

#46 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

There are other skilled 5-11 guys, but hes more intense, Works harder, chases the puck, backchecks very good. Not very physical, but skates and works and wants the puck back all the time." -Hakan Andersson

http://griffinscentr...s/gnyquist.html

The bolded part sounds kind of weird to me. The first thing you say about him is that he's not all that skilled?

#47 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:27 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#48 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:30 PM

The bolded part sounds kind of weird to me. The first thing you say about him is that he's not all that skilled?

I think what he was getting at is there are several other players as skilled (notice he didn't say more skilled forwards, rather he said other skilled) but hes more intense, Works harder, chases the puck...

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#49 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:57 PM

I missed the first, what's the score?

Also, I can't get the chat window to appear. Anyone have any suggestions (firefox isn't prompting me that I'm missing a plug-in)?

No idea, Im semi retarded when it comes to computers, UK might be able to help you out.

The griffs had a 3-0 lead but really got jobbed by the refs and ended up losing 5-3. Nyquist looked really slick and shifty out there though I must say.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#50 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:38 AM

So Mursak is in Detroit; Owens and Smith are injured; Nyquist will play his second game and I believe Johnson will return tonight from his suspension. With what they have available I hope they ice this lineup:

Filppula-Emmerton-Tatar
Nyquist-Andersson-Tardif
Minard-Johnson-Pare
Straub-Raedeke-Keefe

Janik-Pyett
Meech-Amadio
Kolosov-Ehrhardt

Pearce

Here's hoping for a win in Texas! :thumbup:

#51 hockeychik25

hockeychik25

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:21 AM

swede move.
Piet Van Zant and Kevin Rand better watch out, one day I will be athletic trainer for the wings or tigers! :)

#52 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:23 PM

and nyquist scores his first pro goal against texas

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#53 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:24 PM

It was all about the pass by Tardif though ;)

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#54 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:39 PM

Congrats Gustav on your first professional goal!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#55 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:46 AM

Jimmy Howard describes Nyquist as a poor man's Zetterberg.

Pretty exciting.

he has a lot more flat out speed then Z :thumbup:
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#56 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:14 AM

Haha... Seemed like he wanted to say "Work my ass off" at the end. The politeness and manners he has that everyone talks about just don't want to go away. :cool:

#57 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:52 AM

Opening Night at the Van Andel tonight. I'm excited to see what kind of horrible things Nyquist can do to other AHLers.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#58 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:05 AM

And with no Detroit playing tonight, you can ALL watch if you click on drumnj's profile and go from there! NO excuses!! Go Gus, go Griffins! :thumbup:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#59 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:58 AM

And with no Detroit playing tonight, you can ALL watch if you click on drumnj's profile and go from there! NO excuses!! Go Gus, go Griffins! :thumbup:

Is Drum showing the griffs this year for sure again? I know it was up in the air during the preseason as to whether he would or not...

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#60 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:08 AM

Is Drum showing the griffs this year for sure again? I know it was up in the air during the preseason as to whether he would or not...

I watched the Griffins first game, so I sure hope it continues. I'd be more than happy to donate if that's what it takes for him to keep streaming them.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.