• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/26 GDT: Maple Leafs 2 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

Just to clear something up that Ken was saying. The Griffins weren't playing the Texas Stars in Dallas. They were playing them in Cedar Park, about 20 miles north of Austin.

May not mean much to you out there in the Hinterlands, but to us Cedar Parkians, it's of absolutely vital interest. <_<

Thank you for your kind attention. :cheesy:

What did he say?

I cant remember exactly, but something along the lines of "Homer stands in front of goalies and gets goals waived off all the time, their guy was on top of Howie and the goal stands" and than implied there is a double standard.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I cant remember exactly, but something along the lines of "Homer stands in front of goalies and gets goals waived off all the time, their guy was on top of Howie and the goal stands" and than implied there is a double standard.

I read this in Babcock's voice. Speaking the truth.

Nice win!! That sucks about Howard, especially on his birthday, but MacDonald will do fine, I'm sure. Howie's really gonna need a drink tonight for sure.

Whine of the night: Gawwwwd, McCreary just had to get in one last parting "F-U" before he buggered off, though, didn't he? All my sarcasm is used up; I don't even know what to say anymore.

Oh, and one last thing: LOL @ Lebda.

God, love all the lack of faith in JMac. Have some ******* confidence.

He's been solid when he's been called upon. Twice in the last three games, he's come in cold in the second half of the game, and been light's out. Glad to see him pick up a win when a switch has been made.

Great to see Zetterberg take over a game. Helm and Abby have both upped their game and Mo has been looking very good. I also strangely have more confidence in JMac as our goalie than JHo, even though I know JHo is a billion times better.

I also strangely have more confidence in JMac as our goalie than JHo, even though I know JHo is a billion times better.

I feel about the same this season with either one of them between the pipes. They're both solid, they won't steal you any games but they won't screw you over either. I liked Mickey's comments at the end of this game about how Joey Mac is well liked in the locker room, and the team has confidence in front of him. That goes a long way.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

what was up with both the leafs goals? they both looked like goalie interference to me

The second goal definitely was. Lupul was laying on top of Howard.

The first goal there was some contact with Howard's glove but I wasn't upset that nothing was called. It had more to do with Howard being completely screened than the minor contact. Although Homer would have received a penalty for it.

Howard was playing one hell of a game until he got bowled over.

Who said Howard was playing bad that game? Sure he allowed a short side goal, but he was screened and couldn't get into proper position, plus it was a snipe to boot.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Who said Howard was playing bad that game? Sure he allowed a short side goal, but he was screened and couldn't get into proper position, plus it was a snipe to boot.

Try reading the GDT then comment.

Was it Helm that turned the puck over which led to the 2nd TO goal? By the way, Draper was out of position, he should of been between Howard and Lupul to clear the crease. You clear the crease away from the goalie, not clearing a body into and onto your goalie.

Edited by Rivalred

The second goal definitely was. Lupul was laying on top of Howard.

The first goal there was some contact with Howard's glove but I wasn't upset that nothing was called. It had more to do with Howard being completely screened than the minor contact. Although Homer would have received a penalty for it.

When the hell is the NHL going to wake up? All goals should be reviewed and if it is deemed that the goaltender was interfered with it should be no goal. REGARDLESS of the call on the ice. The same should happen if a goal is waved off and the replay shows that it is a good goal. Whistle, no whistle, intent to blow the whistle, whatever. It should be reviewed and the right call should be made.

Why is this so difficult to implement?