• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#21 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:14 PM

Even CBC said it should have been goalie interference.

Why? Just because he initiated contact in the crease and scored the goal while on top of our goalie? Really?
*this space for rent*

#22 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:18 PM

@cotsonika Ken Holland on Jimmy Howard: Upper body. Doesn't appear to be significant. Sprain or strain. Precautionary MRI.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#23 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

I'll feel more comfortable after the MRI but that's good news.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#24 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:24 PM

Upper body? Really Kenny? Thanks for clearing that up.

:rolleyes:

Good news though.
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#25 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:28 PM

How did that goal even count? Lupul hit Howard in the crease and then sat on him. That's allowed?... We get goals called back by only hitting a goalie in the pads with the stick.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#26 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:32 PM

Hope Jimmy's ok, for sure.

How did that goal even count? Lupul hit Howard in the crease and then sat on him. That's allowed?... We get goals called back by only hitting a goalie in the pads with the stick.

It's a rule in the CBA, I'm almost convinced of it. Something like Subsection 48.2, clause RW-G. "All goals scored while physically on top of the Red Wings goalie shall be counted, without possibility of review."

On an interesting side note, Subsection 48.3, clause TH says "If Tomas Holmstrom is even in the same building as the game being played, regardless of his status or availability to play in said game, any goal scored by the Red Wings can be waived off as Incidental Contact with the goalie. A penalty can be imposed, solely at the discretion of the referee...

...and Gary Bettman."

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#27 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

The Leafs have a history of getting away with goals while blatantly interfering with the goaltender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzVm52SLOJQ

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#28 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:35 PM

Lol Joey McDonald. Yeah, were gonna go far with him. He's a Legace clone. The guys horrible let's be honest here.

f***in Osgood, how do you think your gonna be ready and not let us get a f***in replacement at the deadline. FFS.

Bah humbug backatchya. Let's just shoot 'em both and fake it the rest of the way. :nonono:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#29 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:42 PM

Also, what I don't get is, both hits by the Leafs that resulted in an injury, neither of them were called. That one on Rafalski could have been some kind of penalty.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#30 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:47 PM

Saturday, March 26, 2011, 10:26 PM

Detroit Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said the injury to the goaltender Jimmy Howard does not appear to be significant.

Holland called it an upper-body injury.

"It doesn't appear to be anything significant, day-to-day,'' Holland said. "Looks like a strain or a sprain. He's going to go for a precautionary MRI, but he looked to be OK.''

He added: "Unless the tests come back anything different, doctors don't think so (it's serious).''

Holland said the club likely will recall somebody to back-up Joey MacDonald for Monday's game against Chicago.

MLive

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#31 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:50 PM

The Leafs have a history of getting away with goals while blatantly interfering with the goaltender.

All that help, and they still haven't made the playoffs since 2004 or won the Cup since 1967.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#32 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:54 PM

All that help, and they still haven't made the playoffs since 2004 or won the Cup since 1967.

If it's any consolation most people in Canada, who aren't Leafs fans, hate the team.

With all the superstition rampant in hockeyworld one thing I will not invoke is pointing out something you just did. :P

Edited by Shoreline, 26 March 2011 - 09:55 PM.

#33 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:05 PM

With all the superstition rampant in hockeyworld one thing I will not invoke is pointing out something you just did. :P

I'm not superstitious, so does that help? :hehe:
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#34 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:08 PM

None of this would be a big deal if Ozzie wasn't hurt right now. I'd feel more confident with him starting than Howard. MacDonald has played no worse than those two, but I don't know how ready he is to be a starter going into the playoffs in Hockeytown.

However, we've seen teams go far recently with no name goalies. Just look at last year, especially with Philly, who kept rotating goalies all playoffs.

There's other players on the Wings I'd be more worried about being injured.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 26 March 2011 - 10:09 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#35 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:10 PM

How the hell did that goal stand?
*this space for rent*

#36 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:15 PM

None of this would be a big deal if Ozzie wasn't hurt right now. I'd feel more confident with him starting than Howard.

Wow! Really?
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#37 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:17 PM

Wow! Really?

Wow what?

Howard has been poor this season. Osgood hasn't been spectacular, but he's certainly been no worse. He plays better when he's disrespected anyway. I'd feel better having him in the playoffs than Howard. He's proven people wrong before.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#38 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:17 PM

back to back games something like this has happened. Gimme a break refs. This was even more legitimate than the last, he was falling over before Draper even came close to touching him.

#39 hockeychik25

hockeychik25

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:20 PM

macdonald has been playing pretty good lately. he did excellent when jimmy was pulled vs pittsburgh, played great tonight. he is a good goalie.

i'm hoping maybe its a dislocation and can pop back into place, rest for awhile and be ok. i hope.

thats what babcock was saying when he was interviewed, about them calling back goals with homer supposeding in the crease

Edited by Jedi, 26 March 2011 - 10:43 PM.

Piet Van Zant and Kevin Rand better watch out, one day I will be athletic trainer for the wings or tigers! :)

#40 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:33 PM

:blink:

:ranting:

...How is that a good goal?