• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

T.Low

Toronto fans Fight Night at The Joe?

Rate this topic

At least two different times throughout the game last night the CBC announcers commented about the amount of fights in the stands at The Joe.

It was easy to hear the crowd chants going back and forth with the Leafs fans chanting "Go Leafs, Go" and the Detroit fans countering with "Let's Go Red Wings" so it was obvious that there were a lot of Leaf fans at the game (Toronto's a close enough drive and my Canadian friends just across the river say Windsor if 50% Wings fans and 50% Leafs fans).

Did any of you see any fan fights or find any posted on youtube?

I sure hope not, I understand last nights battle of the original six and its very rare that we ever get to play against the leafs but come on guys, fighting over a hockey game is just nonsense.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I believe I read in the GDT that there was a fight that resulted in some people rolling down the stairs.

my buddy was at the game and said he saw a few as well haha

southern ontario is completely torn with wings and leafs fans who all hate eachothers teams so this does not surprise me whatsoever. Especially cause leafs fans can be very arrogant and stupid

It sure is, I'd say from about London down it is about 50/50. I live in London and know entire families of wings fans who have been fans for generations, my grandfathers favorite player was Gordie Howe. I also see a lot of younger kids around town as well wearing wings gear, which is a good thing IMO. When I was a kid I got made fun of for being a wings fan, but I sure had the last laugh. I got a lot of buddies that are wings fans and when we go to the bar to watch the playoff games we always got leaf fans chirping us lol

Needless to say, the fights don't surprise me. This is a huge rivalry in Southwestern Ontario and it always will be. When I went to the home opener in the banner raising ceremony I saw several fights as well.

Thanks Gary.

Colors...Co.. Co.. Co.. Colors..Colors....

:censored: Ya, lets fight because someone else has a different Jersey on. :hysterical: It was a little a girl and her dad, so I had to be nice.... Hey, how about just be an adult?

The world is full of dumb-ass people, that's for sure...

Edited by LeftWinger

[/b]

It sure is, I'd say from about London down it is about 50/50. I live in London and know entire families of wings fans who have been fans for generations, my grandfathers favorite player was Gordie Howe. I also see a lot of younger kids around town as well wearing wings gear, which is a good thing IMO. When I was a kid I got made fun of for being a wings fan, but I sure had the last laugh. I got a lot of buddies that are wings fans and when we go to the bar to watch the playoff games we always got leaf fans chirping us lol

Needless to say, the fights don't surprise me. This is a huge rivalry in Southwestern Ontario and it always will be. When I went to the home opener in the banner raising ceremony I saw several fights as well.

Thanks Gary.

Yeah youre right London is about the dividing line, anywhere North of that and its leafs nation. Anywhere below London though its probably pretty close to 50/50. I'm from Chatham so there is a good number of wings fans and leafs fans. Constant chirping and hatred for both teams, I must say its pretty fun to be a part of though, especially being on the wings side haha

Saw a couple fights break out below our section. Didn't seem too serious.

Upper bowl was 50/50 Wings - Leafs fans. Lower bowl was mainly Wings fans.

For the most part, it was cool seeing them all there - just loud, boisterous fans who ended up making it like a playoff game. Fun to go back and forth with them.

I really appreciated it when a lady in a Leafs jersey leaned forward and asked a particularly foul-mouthed, unruly fan to knock it off. Amazingly, he was an angel the rest of the game. Probably would not have gone over so well if it came from a Wings fan.

Really too bad these teams see each other so rarely.

Edited by egroen

different game but i was at the Pitts game last monday and there was a pretty good brawl in the stands. I wanted to fight the Pitts fans sitting next to me but it was a little girl and her dad so i had to be nice. haha

missed that fight. but there were a good amount of pens fans.

Not to sound like a homer, but I would assume the Leafs fans started the fights, it's usually the road team's fans that do.

My guess is, when the Wings had the lead, Leaf fans probably started shooting their mouth's off with the usual "It's our game", "Toronto is Hockeytown, not Detroit", and "Detroit is a dump and has high unemployment" crap.

Not to sound like a homer, but I would assume the Leafs fans started the fights, it's usually the road team's fans that do.

My guess is, when the Wings had the lead, Leaf fans probably started shooting their mouth's off with the usual "It's our game", "Toronto is Hockeytown, not Detroit", and "Detroit is a dump and has high unemployment" crap.

Yes. Because all Detroit fans are as classy as the organization is. And we're also as yellow as our team is when it comes to fighting.

Yes. Because all Detroit fans are as classy as the organization is. And we're also as yellow as our team is when it comes to fighting.

You obviously don't know what Leaf fans are like :lol:. A lot of them are loud mouths, they've self proclaimed their city "The Mecca of Hockey", and are envious of the Red Wings.