• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#41 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:09 PM

I'm quite aware that the Sun and Universe revolve around Toronto. I grew up taking the train from Detroit to Maple Leaf Gardens to see Wings and Laffs games in the 60's and 70's. I'm just stating, in a tougue in cheek way, that Wings fans aren't always the angels that we would like to believe we are. I've been to a lot of games over the years, and can say that we have started our fair share of fights, both home and away. I can't tell you how many times that friends and I started some of them during the mid 70's through the mid 80's. The old Chicago Stadium still has 3 of my teeth from one drunken night about 1982 where I started s*** with a few too many people. Fights in the stands are good, as long as innocent bystanders don't get hurt. I haven't seen The Joe jumping like last night in years. It was good to see that we haven't become TOO complacent as fans, that we fail to remind visitors whos house they're in.

sidenote- I wish there was a sarcasm font. It would make being snarky a little bit easier. :D

Fair enough. I just wonder in this situation it seems more likely it would be started by Leaf fans, they're the frustrated ones, not us. If roles were reversed, I could see Wings fans starting it.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons