• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/28 GDT: Blackhawks 3 at Red Wings 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Seriously? First off, the Hawk were without "Wings-Killer" Patrick Sharp, and secondly, what exactly did you see in this game that I didn't that would give you any indication that Detroit could beat Chicago, because I thought they pretty much outplayed Detroit from the first minute to the last. And I won't resort to blaming the refs. A. Bert deserved to be thrown out, and B. that was a penalty on Zetterberg.

Listen, I don't want to sound like I'm putting the Wings down, because they are still an elite team... and my team... but I just think Chicago is better. They're younger, faster, and more creative. They do everything on the powerplay and in the open ice that I am always screaming for the Wings to do. But hey, spin anyway you want. Yes, Datsyuk makes a lot of difference... but really, too much difference, if you ask me. This team shouldn't depend on one player as much as Detroit seems to depend on Datsyuk. And its not like Detroit had nothing to play for. Do you really want to open a series with San Jose in their house after last season? I don't

A. Bert did not deserve to be thrown out. I posted a picture. His elbow was nowhere near his head. B. There were plenty of worse penalties that did not get called. Holmstrom should have gotten a penalty shot for example. The refs chose this one because it gave the Hawks a 4 on 3 to start OT.

and C. Chicago is not better because they are still struggling to make the playoffs. To me a 7-8 seed or non playoff team does not mean better.

When the Wings go far in the playoffs, don't hurt yourself trying to jump back on the bandwagon.

Hockey is a game played by men and watched by crybabies.

...and reffed by officials* who ultimately don't give a damn and are there mostly to collect a paycheck. And NO retribution for their blatant, inconsistent calls. They're infallible idiots.

*Except for McCreary. He will be sorely missed. :unsure:

Seriously? First off, the Hawk were without "Wings-Killer" Patrick Sharp, and secondly, what exactly did you see in this game that I didn't that would give you any indication that Detroit could beat Chicago, because I thought they pretty much outplayed Detroit from the first minute to the last. And I won't resort to blaming the refs. A. Bert deserved to be thrown out, and B. that was a penalty on Zetterberg.

Listen, I don't want to sound like I'm putting the Wings down, because they are still an elite team... and my team... but I just think Chicago is better. They're younger, faster, and more creative. They do everything on the powerplay and in the open ice that I am always screaming for the Wings to do. But hey, spin anyway you want. Yes, Datsyuk makes a lot of difference... but really, too much difference, if you ask me. This team shouldn't depend on one player as much as Detroit seems to depend on Datsyuk. And its not like Detroit had nothing to play for. Do you really want to open a series with San Jose in their house after last season? I don't

You spoke very well to that reply.

If Datsyuk gets injured in the playoffs, or a whole season, then what? Are you going to rely on bert, which sorry to say is horrible defensively to be the difference maker? I think zetterbergh is an awesome 2 way player but he is going to get wore down by himself. He can not play EVERY night defensively and offensively without wear and tear. THE SAME goes to pavel, if zetts gets injured he can not do it by himself EVERY night either.

I am not say saying Detroit is a bad team because it has been my team since I was in diapers and ALWAYS will be but they are getting old. The game is played with SPEED and talent and it seems as our players are really being out skated the past 2 years (including this season).

BTW what is going on with FRANZEN? He has been way to quiet most of this season?!!?

This game was amazing, I'm not mad at any of the players at all. I'm just enraged that these ******* no talent pricks of refs can call a game like this and ******* decide it. These refs should never ref a game again, but nothing at all is going to happen and this will happen again next week.

You spoke for me too. Thanks. :thumbup:

Guest Howard He Do It?!

If Hairy Lime is a Wings fan then the refs did a great job tonight.

Seriously?

In addition to missing one of their best players, the Wings have little to play for, whereas the Hawks are fighting for their lives. Yet it still took the Hawks to OT and a PP goal from a weak call made at the end of regulation.

I don't know what game you were watching, but the Hawks barely won against a team that needs to stay healthy more than they need points.

And if saying the penalty on Z was legit, then so was the Hawk player interfering with Z minutes earlier (which wasn't called).

Suuuure you're a Wings fan. Wonder where your IP address is from....

Edited by haroldsnepsts

A. Bert did not deserve to be thrown out. I posted a picture. His elbow was nowhere near his head. B. There were plenty of worse penalties that did not get called. Holmstrom should have gotten a penalty shot for example. The refs chose this one because it gave the Hawks a 4 on 3 to start OT.

and C. Chicago is not better because they are still struggling to make the playoffs. To me a 7-8 seed or non playoff team does not mean better.

When the Wings go far in the playoffs, don't hurt yourself trying to jump back on the bandwagon.

First, I'm not jumping off the bandwagon, I'm just trying to be honest. I still think Detroit can make it to the finals... if they don't face Chicago. And secondly, maybe it wasn't an elbow... but you can't really argue with call. It Was still a hit to the head, and it certainly looked like an elbow from the refs perspective. I'm alright with the call. And Chicago didn't score on the PP anyways. Yeah, we lost Bert for the game... but was that really such a bad thing?

Hossaumad.jpg

You guys saw that Brad Watson was reffing tonight. It was kinda expected the calls would be crap. I'm glad the Wings kept it as close as they did. They clearly weren't supposed to win the game. <_<

Oh, Detroit wasn't trying to win this game? What were they doing then? Detroit was owned in this game, and would probably be owned in 7 game series with them. There is medicine for delusions, you know. "Chicago had more to play for" "Datsyuk wasn't in the line-up" Etc. We got our asses kicked. End of story. Spin it whatever way like to make yourself feel better. Chicago, despite all of their departures, is a better team than us. Be honest.

I'm not saying that there is absolutely no way we could beat them, I'm just saying I would not want to face them in the playoffs. I would not like our chances.

I think we 've got potential big time problems with a lot of teams in the west(but so does Vancouver)

San Jose manhandled us last year,Hawks have owned us all year,Phoenix and Nashville make life miserable for us, and the greasers from Anaheim may be s***ty overall but we don't like their greaseball physical game

I'm terribly worried this year that we might be an early exit

Hate it if it happens but gotta keep it real here rather than another ref bashing post game forum

First, I'm not jumping off the bandwagon, I'm just trying to be honest. I still think Detroit can make it to the finals... if they don't face Chicago. And secondly, maybe it wasn't an elbow... but you can't really argue with call. It Was still a hit to the head, and it certainly looked like an elbow from the refs perspective. I'm alright with the call. And Chicago didn't score on the PP anyways. Yeah, we lost Bert for the game... but was that really such a bad thing?

Are you actually saying you're in favor of playing almost an entire game missing a guy, forcing another player to double shift (or forcing other players to sit, thus increasing everyone else's ice time)?

Of course it's a bad thing. You're going to have to overwork guys to fill up the gap in ice time, not to mention the fact that Bertuzzi's scored a point roughly every other game for the Wings. Would and extra point have mattered tonight? It might have been the difference between 2 points and 1...

Seriously?

In addition to missing one of their best players, the Wings have little to play for, whereas the Hawks are fighting for their lives. Yet it still took the Hawks to OT and a PP goal from a weak call made at the end of regulation.

I don't know what game you were watching, but the Hawks barely won against a team that needs to stay healthy more than they need points.

And if saying the penalty on Z was legit, then so was the Hawk player interfering with Z minutes earlier (which wasn't called).

Suuuure you're a Wings fan. Wonder where your IP address is from....

Check the IP address. It's from Michigan. And again, were you watching the same game I was? MacDonald stood on his head!! I know some Red Wings fans tend to be delusional, but come on... be honest. And again, stop saying Detroit had nothing to play for. I'm sure they want that 2nd seed. No, it's not the same as playing for your playoff lives... but it's a bad excuse.

And I could argue that Sharp is Chicago's best player. He's not, but I could make that argument.

Your troll is showing.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Zetterberg knows better. If you put your stick into a guy's midsection with the stick parallel to the ice you are going to get called for it 9 times out of 10. It was soft but softer has been called.

Are you actually saying you're in favor of playing almost an entire game missing a guy, forcing another player to double shift (or forcing other players to sit, thus increasing everyone else's ice time)?

Of course it's a bad thing. You're going to have to overwork guys to fill up the gap in ice time, not to mention the fact that Bertuzzi's scored a point roughly every other game for the Wings. Would and extra point have mattered tonight? It might have been the difference between 2 points and 1...

Well, I was being facetious. I have not been impressed with Bertuzzi's play of late, and certainly his lack of physical play all season... but I guess he made up for that tonight.

And am I the only one who would rather see Mursak on the playoff roster rather than Modano? I did not like that signing.

Check the IP address. It's from Michigan. And again, were you watching the same game I was? MacDonald stood on his head!! I know some Red Wings fans tend to be delusional, but come on... be honest. And again, stop saying Detroit had nothing to play for. I'm sure they want that 2nd seed. No, it's not the same as playing for your playoff lives... but it's a bad excuse.

And I could argue that Sharp is Chicago's best player. He's not, but I could make that argument.

I would say sharp isn't chicago's best overall player but he is probably their best GOAL scorer at least last couples years.

and against detroit

and yes i know kane and TOES score

Dude, you join this forum right after a Wings loss to the Hawks and open up your first post with:

I can't believe how superior Chicago is to Detroit. In every facet of the game: Speed, Passing, Creativity, Coaching... you name it.

Seriously, you cant claim to be a wings fan.

Anyways, Macdonald did not really make any big saves either, he was solid but defense was pretty solid for the most part tonight. No need to bash on the team or the fanbase like you currently either. Im getting a feeling your time at this forum will be short lived.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Dude, you join this forum right after a Wings loss to the Hawks and open up your first post with:

Seriously, you cant claim to be a wings fan.

Anyways, Macdonald did not really make any big saves either, he was solid but defense was pretty solid for the most part tonight. No need to bash on the team or the fanbase like you currently either. Im getting a feeling your time at this forum will be short lived.

He joined March 19th.

only in hockey man lol. so ******* great. ill be the drunk obnoxious guy in 218A row 16 pointing to the back of my rafalski jersey when he racks up 2 PP assists tonight.

Put the 2 assists in the bank baby

He joined March 19th.

See. I joined March 19th. I just havent had a lot of time to post. I try and be honest with with my opinions and not let my team loyalties cloud my perception, but I guess that doesn't fly here. OK. I'll remember that.

Alright. Yes, it would of been a different game with Datsyuk. Yes, it was an exciting game. Yes, Detroit is still a great team. No, they are not better than Chicago. I'm sorry, that's just how I feel. And no, I am not a Blackhawks fan. I'm not jumping off the "bandwagon" and never will, but Detroit has a lot of holes in their game they need to fix(things that should of been fixed a long time ago), holes that I thought were badly exposed in tonight's game, if they are going to compete. Thats just how I feel. I'm sorry if some people disagree with that. I didn't just come up with these opinions after tonight's game. These are the same reservations I've had since last season.

Go wings... ok? What do you want me to say?

Edited by Hairy Lime

Chicago, despite all of their departures, is a better team than us. Be honest.

dont_feed_the_trolls.jpg

Anyway, it was a great game where we played without Daystuk and the Hawks were playing for their lives. This game doesn't worry me if we see them in the playoffs.

Filppula with 22 minutes tonight. :thumbup:

Ok. so you're a Hawks or Preds fan in Michigan.

MacDonald played great. Compared to Chicago, Detroit had little to play for. Why does Detroit want the second seed exactly? Sure they want to win, but compared to a team fighting to make the playoffs, that's nothin.

It's not a bad excuse. You might as well argue that Sharp is chicago's best player because it would be as weak as the rest of your argument.

You're not a Wings fan. And I'm not one of those people who thinks you can't criticize the team and still be a fan, but you're obviously a troll. A Wings fan wouldn't say "I know some Red Wings fans tend to be delusional."

Move along troll.

Zetterberg knows better. If you put your stick into a guy's midsection with the stick parallel to the ice you are going to get called for it 9 times out of 10. It was soft but softer has been called.

Not tonight it hadn't.

Edited by haroldsnepsts