Photo
- - - - -

3/28 GDT: Blackhawks 3 at Red Wings 2 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
887 replies to this topic

#821 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:20 PM

It was a penalty,once again take your blinders off.

It wasn't, get some new glasses.

See how easy that was?

Posted Image

#822 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,825 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:21 PM

It seems that Wings were rolling three lines in the third. Modano didn't seem to play in the period and Draper weren't on the ice after he was hi-sticked.

Not too surprising that Babs scaled back some guys' ice time. Remember that Bertuzzi was sent off fairly early in the game, so we didn't have a full compliment of forwards to use. Rolling 4 lines like that means someone's getting double shifted.

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#823 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:21 PM

After Wing's loss this forum reminds me of arguing with my ex-girlfriend. The best thing to do is to just shut up and walk away. In a weird way this is still quite interesting.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#824 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

Can we just let McCreary call every game from now on? At least he isn't wildly inconsistent.

#825 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

YES that was a penalty but when you let it go for the Hawks as many times as the refs did you have to let one go for the Wings.

2 worst non-calls

Holmstrom deserved a PS

Zetterberg interfered with negating a clean 2 on 1

This league just continues to piss on us

#826 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:24 PM

Please get real if Bert caught him with the elbow Johnson would never had gotten up

Hey, that's like sooo first period.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#827 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:25 PM

Best part of the game was Joey's amazing play. Give him more starts! Also...The NHL Refs are a joke.

Good night all.

I really hope they recognize this and give JMac at least two more starts or a shot at the playoffs if he keeps it up.

Edited by MGreenberg, 28 March 2011 - 09:26 PM.

#828 abdelkadertheapplicator

abdelkadertheapplicator

5th line.....whaaa?

• 26 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:25 PM

After Wing's loss this forum reminds me of arguing with my ex-girlfriend. The best thing to do is to just shut up and walk away. In a weird way this is still quite interesting.

The best thing about this forum as compared to your ex - there is no consequence to be spent if you happen to argue on here.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."

#829 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:26 PM

The refs had their blinders on when Homer and Zetterberg were interfered with.

Nevermind, I forgot that you're Steve Moore himself. La di da, la di da, La la.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 28 March 2011 - 09:28 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#830 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

The one thing I enjoyed was the Versus idiots saying that Bertuzzi should have skated forward into the player and hit him shoulder on shoulder.. Which is ridiculous.. They were like 3 feet from the boards, if Bert hits him shoulder to shoulder in the posistion he was in he could have destroyed him, likely been ejected anyways and there might have been a stretcher involved.. Bert turned his back so he wouldnt hurt the guy and when he ducked Bert's elbow came back up over him..

All in all a good game with shotty officiating.. so.. status quo in the NHL. <_<

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#831 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

JMac deserved a regulation win the way he played tonight. His record does not come close to reflecting his play this season. I'm not sure of his contract status but he at least deserves some consideration for the backup role IMHO.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#832 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,825 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:28 PM

Ahahaha...

...no, wait...

Bwahahaha...

Post of the year, right there. :hysterical:

Thanks for the laugh. I needed that.

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#833 RedWingsExpert1988

RedWingsExpert1988

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Good game by joey mac. The wings would have been destroyed without him playing an amazing game tonight. Detroit just can not win and are inconsistent.

Oh and shi**y refs tonight. The play on holmstrom was a CLEARLY a PS or ATLEAST a PP.

By the way, how are we still second in the conference, after all we have been loosing ALOT. lol I think if we didn't have a great start to the season and all those OT loses we would NOT be in the playoffs.

#834 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

To the poster above, the Wings would beat the Hawks night and day in a 7 game series in the playoffs. Listen to yourself here... first of all, the refs were HORRIBLE in this game. Second of all, the Wings were playing without their best player in Datsyuk. Look at it this way... had Toews not been in the game tonight, the Wings won this game easily. To make it worse, Bert got kicked out of the game which made it difficult for our lines to roll. With Pavs in the line-up, I don't think the Hawks can keep up with the Wings. Keith Jones said it best after the game... the Wings have absolutely nothing to worry about because they are still getting points without Pavs and Pavs will be back either Wednesday or Saturday and he truly is the difference maker for this team. Here is to the damn playoffs to start already... I am tired of playing these desperate teams while we are resting players.

On a side note, Brad Watson is a piece of s***.

#835 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:30 PM

Was really hoping someone had a video montage of tonight's bulls*** YouTubed already, or at the very least the "defensive gem" according to VS. that occurred on the Holmstrom breakaway. Alas, we will have to make due with this:

#836 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:30 PM

The reffing was terrible both ways. We only notice the calls that weren't made for us and ignore all the ones that would have hurt us if called.

Datsyuk makes this team go 'round, we severely need him back as we are lost without him.

Glad we got a point, I'm surprised we did with how poorly we played. JMac played great.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#837 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:31 PM

I know this is old news but to me this is what it looked like.

Posted Image

#838 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:34 PM

The best thing about this forum as compared to your ex - there is no consequence to be spent if you happen to argue on here.

True. The talk here is of course just internet talk and nothing compared to real life arguments.

-- Mitch Albom

#839 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

I can't believe how superior Chicago is to Detroit. In every facet of the game: Speed, Passing, Creativity, Coaching... you name it. We had better pray we don't have face them in the first round... or any round for that matter. They are just a better team. They look like a young, unrestrained version of the Red Wings. Every weakness in Detroit's game is getting exposed tonight. If not for MacDonald, we would be getting massacred!

:hysterical: Go hang it up, Bucky.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#840 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,247 posts

Yes, technically it was a penalty on Zetterberg. But it was a much softer call than the non-call when Z got interfered with.

It's not that I expect the refs to be perfect, but something resembling consistency within a game would be nice. Consistency across games would be a miracle.