Photo
- - - - -

3/28 GDT: Blackhawks 3 at Red Wings 2 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
887 replies to this topic

#841 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:36 PM

Hockey is a game played by men and watched by crybabies.

And reffed by goldfish.

#842 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

I know this is old news but to me this is what it looked like.

Posted Image

Oh well, he had his hand up and in the speed of the game it looked like elbowing to the referee.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#843 Hatchet Barry

Hatchet Barry

Long Live The Winged Wheel

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

Yes, technically it was a penalty on Zetterberg. But it was a much softer call than the non-call when Z got interfered with.

It's not that I expect the refs to be perfect, but something resembling consistency within a game would be nice. Consistency across games would be a miracle.

My thoughts exactly.

Never undersestimate the predictability of stupidity

#844 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:40 PM

I have two words for Mr. Hossa. Spoken by Doctor Dave in "Pirate Radio", I think they apply here.

"YOU BASTARD"
Posted Image

#845 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:42 PM

Yes, technically it was a penalty on Zetterberg. But it was a much softer call than the non-call when Z got interfered with.

It's not that I expect the refs to be perfect, but something resembling consistency within a game would be nice. Consistency across games would be a miracle.

I agree. It seems that there has been so many changes in the last few years to how the league wants the game to be refereed. First to get rid of the clutching and grabbing and now to get rid of headshots. It seems to me like referees don't know themselves what to do and what to call.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#846 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Of course Hossa scored. This isn't the playoffs. :hehe:

#847 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,827 posts

Makes you wonder if this poster is in every Official's locker room in the league...

Posted Image

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#848 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:43 PM

And reffed by goldfish.

And announced by head lice

#849 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:43 PM

To the poster above, the Wings would beat the Hawks night and day in a 7 game series in the playoffs. Listen to yourself here... first of all, the refs were HORRIBLE in this game. Second of all, the Wings were playing without their best player in Datsyuk. Look at it this way... had Toews not been in the game tonight, the Wings won this game easily. To make it worse, Bert got kicked out of the game which made it difficult for our lines to roll. With Pavs in the line-up, I don't think the Hawks can keep up with the Wings. Keith Jones said it best after the game... the Wings have absolutely nothing to worry about because they are still getting points without Pavs and Pavs will be back either Wednesday or Saturday and he truly is the difference maker for this team. Here is to the damn playoffs to start already... I am tired of playing these desperate teams while we are resting players.

On a side note, Brad Watson is a piece of s***.

Seriously? First off, the Hawk were without "Wings-Killer" Patrick Sharp, and secondly, what exactly did you see in this game that I didn't that would give you any indication that Detroit could beat Chicago, because I thought they pretty much outplayed Detroit from the first minute to the last. And I won't resort to blaming the refs. A. Bert deserved to be thrown out, and B. that was a penalty on Zetterberg.

Listen, I don't want to sound like I'm putting the Wings down, because they are still an elite team... and my team... but I just think Chicago is better. They're younger, faster, and more creative. They do everything on the powerplay and in the open ice that I am always screaming for the Wings to do. But hey, spin anyway you want. Yes, Datsyuk makes a lot of difference... but really, too much difference, if you ask me. This team shouldn't depend on one player as much as Detroit seems to depend on Datsyuk. And its not like Detroit had nothing to play for. Do you really want to open a series with San Jose in their house after last season? I don't

#850 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:47 PM

Lol, of course it's Hossa.

I was hoping the ice would be as s***ty for him tonight as it obviously was when he was playing for us. If only he'd played with the same heart when he was in Detroit. <_<

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#851 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:50 PM

Seriously? First off, the Hawk were without "Wings-Killer" Patrick Sharp, and secondly, what exactly did you see in this game that I didn't that would give you any indication that Detroit could beat Chicago, because I thought they pretty much outplayed Detroit from the first minute to the last. And I won't resort to blaming the refs. A. Bert deserved to be thrown out, and B. that was a penalty on Zetterberg.

Listen, I don't want to sound like I'm putting the Wings down, because they are still an elite team... and my team... but I just think Chicago is better. They're younger, faster, and more creative. They do everything on the powerplay and in the open ice that I am always screaming for the Wings to do. But hey, spin anyway you want. Yes, Datsyuk makes a lot of difference... but really, too much difference, if you ask me. This team shouldn't depend on one player as much as Detroit seems to depend on Datsyuk. And its not like Detroit had nothing to play for. Do you really want to open a series with San Jose in their house after last season? I don't

A. Bert did not deserve to be thrown out. I posted a picture. His elbow was nowhere near his head. B. There were plenty of worse penalties that did not get called. Holmstrom should have gotten a penalty shot for example. The refs chose this one because it gave the Hawks a 4 on 3 to start OT.

and C. Chicago is not better because they are still struggling to make the playoffs. To me a 7-8 seed or non playoff team does not mean better.

When the Wings go far in the playoffs, don't hurt yourself trying to jump back on the bandwagon.

#852 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:52 PM

And announced by head lice

I just picked the apparently least intelligent animal in the world. Are head lice in that category too?

#853 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:53 PM

Hockey is a game played by men and watched by crybabies.

...and reffed by officials* who ultimately don't give a damn and are there mostly to collect a paycheck. And NO retribution for their blatant, inconsistent calls. They're infallible idiots.

*Except for McCreary. He will be sorely missed. :unsure:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#854 RedWingsExpert1988

RedWingsExpert1988

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:54 PM

You spoke very well to that reply.

If Datsyuk gets injured in the playoffs, or a whole season, then what? Are you going to rely on bert, which sorry to say is horrible defensively to be the difference maker? I think zetterbergh is an awesome 2 way player but he is going to get wore down by himself. He can not play EVERY night defensively and offensively without wear and tear. THE SAME goes to pavel, if zetts gets injured he can not do it by himself EVERY night either.

I am not say saying Detroit is a bad team because it has been my team since I was in diapers and ALWAYS will be but they are getting old. The game is played with SPEED and talent and it seems as our players are really being out skated the past 2 years (including this season).

BTW what is going on with FRANZEN? He has been way to quiet most of this season?!!?

#855 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:55 PM

This game was amazing, I'm not mad at any of the players at all. I'm just enraged that thesef****** no talent pricks of refs can call a game like this andf****** decide it. These refs should never ref a game again, but nothing at all is going to happen and this will happen again next week.

You spoke for me too. Thanks. :thumbup:

#856 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

If Hairy Lime is a Wings fan then the refs did a great job tonight.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#857 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,301 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

Seriously?

In addition to missing one of their best players, the Wings have little to play for, whereas the Hawks are fighting for their lives. Yet it still took the Hawks to OT and a PP goal from a weak call made at the end of regulation.

I don't know what game you were watching, but the Hawks barely won against a team that needs to stay healthy more than they need points.

And if saying the penalty on Z was legit, then so was the Hawk player interfering with Z minutes earlier (which wasn't called).

Suuuure you're a Wings fan. Wonder where your IP address is from....

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 28 March 2011 - 09:56 PM.

#858 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:57 PM

A. Bert did not deserve to be thrown out. I posted a picture. His elbow was nowhere near his head. B. There were plenty of worse penalties that did not get called. Holmstrom should have gotten a penalty shot for example. The refs chose this one because it gave the Hawks a 4 on 3 to start OT.

and C. Chicago is not better because they are still struggling to make the playoffs. To me a 7-8 seed or non playoff team does not mean better.

When the Wings go far in the playoffs, don't hurt yourself trying to jump back on the bandwagon.

First, I'm not jumping off the bandwagon, I'm just trying to be honest. I still think Detroit can make it to the finals... if they don't face Chicago. And secondly, maybe it wasn't an elbow... but you can't really argue with call. It Was still a hit to the head, and it certainly looked like an elbow from the refs perspective. I'm alright with the call. And Chicago didn't score on the PP anyways. Yeah, we lost Bert for the game... but was that really such a bad thing?

#859 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:58 PM

Posted Image

You guys saw that Brad Watson was reffing tonight. It was kinda expected the calls would be crap. I'm glad the Wings kept it as close as they did. They clearly weren't supposed to win the game. <_<
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#860 clayjoh

clayjoh

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:58 PM

Oh, Detroit wasn't trying to win this game? What were they doing then? Detroit was owned in this game, and would probably be owned in 7 game series with them. There is medicine for delusions, you know. "Chicago had more to play for" "Datsyuk wasn't in the line-up" Etc. We got our asses kicked. End of story. Spin it whatever way like to make yourself feel better. Chicago, despite all of their departures, is a better team than us. Be honest.

I'm not saying that there is absolutely no way we could beat them, I'm just saying I would not want to face them in the playoffs. I would not like our chances.

I think we 've got potential big time problems with a lot of teams in the west(but so does Vancouver)
San Jose manhandled us last year,Hawks have owned us all year,Phoenix and Nashville make life miserable for us, and the greasers from Anaheim may be s***ty overall but we don't like their greaseball physical game

I'm terribly worried this year that we might be an early exit
Hate it if it happens but gotta keep it real here rather than another ref bashing post game forum