• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/28 GDT: Blackhawks 3 at Red Wings 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Does anyone have replays of the Zetterberg and Holmstrom non-calls? I would like to get another look at them, but from what I recall, on Holmstrom's break, the defenseman dove first and then Holmstrom veered to his left and tripped over him. It didn't look like the Chicago Dman initiated contact. And on the Zetterberg supposed "interference," I recall seeing Z pass the puck off the boards to himself. After he touches the puck, he is fair game to get checked/smeared along the boards, isn't he? Again, I think we would all benefit from being able to see the replays, but I wasn't really upset about these "non-calls" as say, the blatant GI on Howard from Saturday.

And the hook from Z on Kane was definitely a good call.

Had a great time in the Legends Club tonight! Got to meet Ted Lindsay and he was SUPER nice! He took a picture with my mom and I and signed a puck for me. All in all, a great night, was pretty disappointed with a few of the calls the wings got against them, but a great night none the less.

IMG_0113.jpg

202105_959779701742_12100317_48971860_6672948_o.jpg

Edited by WMUCarGuy

Guest Heaten

Refs gave that game to the Hawks. Must feel bad for them because they suck so bad this year.

Oh well, Wings were the better team despite missing Howard, Datsyuk, and Bertuzzi. I think Rafalski's knee is hindering him, he should take a rest and play Kindl a few games.

LOL, the Howie bashing continues even when hes not on the ice, eh!

That was an intense game to watch, to say the least. Mac did very well to keep us in the game! so unfortunate we had the 4 on 3 in OT :( but I'm glad we at least got a point. Looking forward to meeting the Hawks twice in the next couple weeks

Had a great time in the Legends Club tonight! Got to meet Ted Lindsay and he was SUPER nice! He took a picture with my mom and I and signed a puck for me. All in all, a great night, was pretty disappointed with a few of the calls the wings got against them, but a great night none the less.

*snipped images*

great pics, man. congrats.

Zetterberg knows better. If you put your stick into a guy's midsection with the stick parallel to the ice you are going to get called for it 9 times out of 10. It was soft but softer has been called.

i agree, but i'd argue that in that situation, Z might as well take the penalty with kane breaking in with only a few seconds left. you get the call, prevent the goal, get the faceoff, get a point, and still have a tiny bit of hope that you kill off the OT 4-on-3. if he doesn't do his best to obstruct there, and the wings get scored on with three seconds left and get zero points, that has to be worse than what happened.

but, yeah, to the people bitching about the call: sure, it was a soft call. but like HHDI said, that gets called almost every time, and IMO we benefit from those his-stick-touched-the-other-guys'-midsection calls often enough.

if he doesn't do his best to obstruct there, and the wings get scored on with three seconds left and get zero points, that has to be worse than what happened.

ya that would have been a disaster.

After the game I was at the bar at Nemo's, and an off ice official (not sure exactly what his job was) in his uniform walked in and had a beer next to me. He was saying how that call should have never been called at that point in the game. He also said the call on Bert was BS because Bert made initial contact with his chest, then followed through to the head. Too bad he wasnt on the ice.

Besides that, for those at the game, did anybody notice when they put Ted on the big screen, only about 10% of the crowd got up and cheered, but immediately after when it was time for the pizza toss, EVERYONE got up and started cheering and flailing their arms around just to get a slice of mediocre pizza?

WTF fans. The guy has him name in the rafters and all you care about is pizza?

Joey Mac was fantastic.

I think JMac deserved the win but I guess it wasn't in the cards. At least he got the Wings a point against Chicago though which is their first since Osgood won against them earlier in the season.

Edited by MGreenberg

I'm still scratching my head on how there was no call on the Hommer break away, clearly he's tripped then the puck gets touched.

Brad Watson should not be able to ref again this year, and I really hope the Wings don't get him come play off time

I'm still scratching my head on how there was no call on the Hommer break away, clearly he's tripped then the puck gets touched.

Brad Watson should not be able to ref again this year, and I really hope the Wings don't get him come play off time

The problem is that Homer is not suppose to have a breakaway ever and the ref's in the NHL only know how to call a penalty against/waive a goal off when Homer is involved, never vise-verse.

The problem is that Homer is not suppose to have a breakaway ever and the ref's in the NHL only know how to call a penalty against/waive a goal off when Homer is involved, never vise-verse.

You might be on to something there