• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:54 PM

Let me start by saying I think he shouldn't get anything, Johnson went low and returned to the game... with that said, it was still reckless and I'm fine with the major and game...

Due to his stigma and how hot button it is, I am prediciting 1-2 games...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#2 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:00 PM

prolly a couple games (u know the NHL)

I believe he should get fined but not suspended but that's not what will happen

Edited by HockeytownRules19, 28 March 2011 - 10:01 PM.

#3 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:03 PM

I already posted this but I will put it here too.

Posted Image

Elbow nowhere near his head. It's more like an armpit to the head. He doesn't deserve to be suspended but you know he will just because it's Bertuzzi.

#4 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:05 PM

2 games.

#5 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:06 PM

I don't really think he should get anything. As Lovin Jiri Fischer's picture has shown, his armpit was actually what he hit with, rather than his elbow.

According to the NHL Wheel of Justice, however, Bertuzzi's either gone for the season, or gone for the rest of his career, so take your pick*...

*not you, draperfan.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#6 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:13 PM

Shouldn't have been tossed. Shouldn't be suspended. Was tossed. Will be suspended.

Fined his and Lidstrom's salary, suspended for the rest of the regular season, playoffs, indefinitely until he either retires or plays for the Pens.

I kid.... 12 games.

Edited by b.shanafan14, 29 March 2011 - 09:03 AM.

#7 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:15 PM

Zero games IMO.

After seeing it, definitely warranted a major, probably a 10:00 misconduct, but I don't think a game ejection.

#8 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:19 PM

Zero Games.

The idiot Versus announcers said he should have gone shoulder to shoulder.. but in my opinion if he had done that he would have destroyed Johnson and sent him smashing into the boards.. He turned his back so he wouldnt hurt him and Johnson ducked under so Berts elbow and arm ended up riding up over him.. Easy to see why the call was made when you watch it at full speed, especially the angle that the referee would have seen.. but no games. Bertuzzi has been pretty careful about being physical ever since the Moore incident so I don't think he gets anything for this.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#9 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:26 PM

I think most players would probably get away with nothing or maybe a fine. I think Bert will get a couple though, just for his history, even if it was a while ago.

#10 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:35 PM

I dont think hell get anything, the refs made a good on ice call the way the elbow went up and the way theyre trying to get rid of headshots but on further review there really isnt big contact with the head and its not the primary point of contact. Also not blind side.

Whats more important is that the last few games Bert has been throwing the weight around, a sign of things to come for playoffs I hope !

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#11 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:37 PM

Zero games, im pretty confident in this prediction.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

None wasent that bad

#13 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:57 PM

I don't know what Bert was doing skating ass first into a hit, but it doesn't warrant any suspension. It was stupid, not malicious. The 5 and game was already too much. A couple seasons ago this would be 2 minutes, at most, but the league is struggling to figure out the headshot situation due to d-bags like Cooke.

#14 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:59 PM

For anyone who didn't see it.

#15 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:59 PM

I understand the game misconduct because I am sure the ref thought he hit him with his elbow seeing how fast the hit was and how high his arm went. Bert hit him with his tricep more than anything else but for him to swing his arm that high and leave his feet was stupid, especially considering how the league is looking at any head contact hit. It might get looked at and if anything does happen I think 2 games max.

#16 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:06 PM

Shrug, whatever the suspension is, it wouldn't change that hit from happening in the future if you want any physical play in the NHL. Should have been at worst a 2 minute penalty. Hawks guys obviously telling Johnson to stay down. It's theatre really.

#17 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:09 PM

That's fine ... 2 games or whatever. Gives Bert a bit of rest before the playoffs.

#18 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:31 PM

Zero Games.

The idiot Versus announcers said he should have gone shoulder to shoulder.. but in my opinion if he had done that he would have destroyed Johnson and sent him smashing into the boards.. He turned his back so he wouldnt hurt him and Johnson ducked under so Berts elbow and arm ended up riding up over him.. Easy to see why the call was made when you watch it at full speed, especially the angle that the referee would have seen.. but no games. Bertuzzi has been pretty careful about being physical ever since the Moore incident so I don't think he gets anything for this.

This. Clearly not an intentional elbow to the head. Can't blame the ref for calling it seeing in full speed, but later the VS commentators basically pointed out the Bert was trying to lay off and Johnson tried to adjust to the hit and that's the way it went.

I can't see more than a 1 game if any for this. We shall see....

#19 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:11 AM

Zero games IMO.

After seeing it, definitely warranted a major, probably a 10:00 misconduct, but I don't think a game ejection.

Unfortunately that wouldn't have been an option. If you're assessed a major for elbowing due to a head/face injury, the game misconduct is automatic.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#20 RedWingsExpert1988

RedWingsExpert1988

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:21 AM

The little b*tch that bert hit had his head down. Maybe he should of kept his head up and he wouldn't of got hit there.

Refs only kicked him out the game cuz of his past