• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsExpert1988

Franzen

Rate this topic

He is one of the last guys im worried about.... he has always been dominant in the playoffs

I really hope he does wake up in the playoffs because he is probably our best sniper! He has to play with pavs or flip to set him up though!

Zetts putting up assists to this year WOW lol

He seriouly doesn't even look like he's trying.

How about late in the game, we've got a potential 3-on-2, and he juts dumps it in on the goalie who freezes the puck. Seriously Johan?

Start moving your feet, start going to dangerous areas, start hitting, shooting, just show some effort. It's infuriating.

How about late in the game, we've got a potential 3-on-2, and he juts dumps it in on the goalie who freezes the puck. Seriously Johan?

Start moving your feet, start going to dangerous areas, start hitting, shooting, just show some effort. It's infuriating.

Yeah he is a big body. Throw it around more and CRASH the net more. He should be able to penetrate better than most guys with size!!!!!!!!

First hes gotta start skating though lol

I actually thought he had one of his better games in a while. Which says a lot about his play lately.

He's been out for a couple games, so I'm just crossing my fingers that he's just getting back into the rhythm. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to find out he's too sore to play and sits out the next game. He didn't have any fight in him tonight.

End of the season, he's saving his playoff drive for the playoffs, regular season is for sissy's. Just like Pasha and Sasha put when Babcock questions them for doing hurdles before a game, "Coach, we're getting ready for the playoffs" Come on boys, we're a playoff team.

Yeah he is a big body. Throw it around more and CRASH the net more. He should be able to penetrate better than most guys with size!!!!!!!!

First hes gotta start skating though lol

Well he did go to the net on the first goal I think it was and as a result they scored but that is a rare occurrence and I agree he just looks effortless out there. He has enough skill to be useful even when he is barely trying but hopefully he turns it on in the playoffs and plays with some heart.

I didn't buy your jersey for nothing Mule!

wow he only leads our team in goals while missing games due to injury. Damn you Mule why are you not putting up at least a goal per game. Especially right after you just got back. No excuses. He isnt even worth a lebda just waive him.

Guest Heaten

Show me a scoring foward not named Gretzky that isn't streaky

Edited by Heaten

His point totals are inflated and don't reflect his play for most of this season. I was saying near the middle of the season that he's just floating around on the ice and not even trying. That better stop once the playoffs start.

My Opinion, two words, Eddie Bo. He just had his first child. His whole world just changed forever. His head isn't completely in the game, and hasn't been for a few months now. I'm guessing that has to have something to do with it. Any of you who have children I'm sure understand what I mean. Especially the first. Hopefully he can get his focus back on hockey for a couple of months really quick. Then he can have all summer to play with his new son. And a nice silver cup to bath him in.

I also think that someone needs to kick his puppy just a little bit. Just enough to piss him off. He seems to play his best when he's got a little bit of sand in his jock. It's not good for us when he's out on the ice smiling.

I saw the same thing. I've seen this quite a bit more than usual with the Wings as of late. If I remember correctly, after we blew a few big leads (Blues in Jan-3 goal lead; Coyotes in March-3 goal lead, Edmonton in Jan, etc...)....you started hearing the players talking about practicing "getting the puck behind there (opposing team's) D, and battling for the puck down low". I understand this being effective when you have the lead, but I've been seeing it more and more when we DON'T have the lead. Scary. This team thrives on offensive creativity and puck possesion. We are not built to be a dump and chase team. Jiri Hudler is not a player you want dumping and chasing-he's like 5' 7''. Dats, Modano, Cleary,....not dump and chase. At any rate, want to see the Wings get back to their style that's made them so effective.

In this same spirit, I've been pretty critical of Babs as of late. He's got to figure this out and I'll be watching what he does as the playoff's approach. In my eyes, pressure is on Babs this year come playoff time.

wow he only leads our team in goals while missing games due to injury. Damn you Mule why are you not putting up at least a goal per game. Especially right after you just got back. No excuses. He isnt even worth a lebda just waive him.

One goal in 21 games.

I don't know what it is but I have a feeling these "long-term" contracts effect the way MOST players play. They put little effort because they are pretty much garunteed to get paid. I hope the gm's will realize that and stop giving so many long term contracts.

Good Example was Dustin Penner

Whe you got a contract that is going to expire I notice that players have a great season and the year after( the year they get signed) their level of play drops alot of times.

Maybe Franzen?

Franzen has been suspect all season. He doesn't skate, he doesn't drive the net, if he doesn't have a shot at a high-slot wrister he seems not to care at all and gives up on the play. He has been the biggest disappointment this season by far, in my opinion.

This is a guy who has the job security of an elite 40+ goal, 70+ point power-forward, but until this season he has relied on potential, the what-if of a full, healthy season. Well here we are, full healthy season, and he phones it in. I say it as much as anyone, regular season is nothing compared to the playoffs, and we've yet to see how he'll play this season, but the trend doesn't look good.

Coming into this season I was a huge Mule fan, thought it was really his time to shine and he has played completely dull. He tends to score his goals 2+ at a time and then drop off the map for a chunk of the schedule. I can't say he has really helped the Wings win many at all this season. Also remember that he had a huge 5-goal night - which was equal parts skill, luck, and "wow, I scored, maybe I should play like I actually give a damn" - and without that he is sitting at 22 goals on the season. When 18% of your total goals are scored in one game of an 82 game schedule, and you don't have the playmaking and defensive ability/effort of Zetterberg or Datsyuk, you might be playing below your pay-grade.

Something has got to change pretty quick, and stay that way, or else this is going to be a long 12 years. If he is phoning it in during his prime, what happens in 3 or 4 years?

I'm really concerned. Do goal-scorers genuinely go through 30 game droughts, or whatever his streak is at? He's only scored in a handful of games this season, despite leading the team in scoring. Very bad year for him, hopefully he can rebound and dominate in the playoffs.