• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/30 GDT: St. Louis Rams 10 at Detroit Lions 3

Rate this topic

IMO, the team is due for a shakeup in the offseason regardless of the results. Salei and Ericsson will likely be let go, Draper will retire and its like Miller/Eaves will be let go, or one of the two will. Honestly, I think this team is frustrated with how the season went. A great start, they were dominating teams, then the injuries came. We had a replay of last season, which a lot of current players were involved with. Lines have been jumbled up, defensive pairings have been mixed up all year, there seems to be no cohesion between anyone from this and its showing. Getting Pav back will help...the Wings are thin at center which is why Modano was brought in, and his absence has shown that. Outside of Hank and occasionally Fil and Helm, there's been little in the way of transitional offense since Pav has been out. But, one man does not a team make, I'm cautiously hopeful this club got the wakeup they needed, and its a shame that the Nashville game didn't serve as that. I don't want the Wings to become one of those holier than thou teams who think they're too good for the season or to try hard consistently.

Meant to comment in here yesterday...didn't have a chance.

I gotta say that was the most satisfying regular season game vs. Detroit I have ever witnessed. All of the frustration felt from previous seasons of domination by the Wings over the Blues seemed to be lifted.

If the Blues had won 2-1, it would have been enjoyable, no doubt...but it wouldn't have done much otherwise. This was a drubbing, a massacre, a rare/goofy happening that you just don't see very often...and I certainly didn't expect the Blues to dish it out to the Wings right now.

This is one that you just don't forget.

Most Blues fans were thinking it could have been a 10-3 beat down against us, especially with Oshie out and Perron still hurt. But wow...that couldn't have been more wrong.

Not trying to troll here, or rub anything in (which would be stupid considering the standings). You guys just need to understand where I'm coming from with this.

Anyway, you guys have the last laugh since you'll be in the playoffs...a position Blues fans wish their team was in.

No offense intended, but this win felt great...and almost made up for a disappointing finish to the season...almost. If a 10-3 win had come against Columbus or another insignificant team, it wouldn't mean a whole lot...but because it came against Detroit, in Detroit... that's what made it memorable.

True satisfaction won't come until the Blues knock the Wings out of the playoffs...someday. Until then, this game will have to do.

Good day fellas.

Give the guy a break, its not like he's in here trolling. If I were in his shoes I'd find it pretty hard not to gloat.

Funny, if I were a Blues fan, the last place I'd think of posting about this past game is a Red Wings message board. I'd be too busy whooping it up with other Blues fans on a Blues message board.

But hey, that's just me.

Yeah, they might lose Pujols, the Rams are well, I can't say much about football at all but they suck too. Blues have been the Red Wings' ***** for many years so it is what it is. They can whoop it up or whatever, they are for the most part being classy about it. They know why they are coming in here to do it too, they simply have not much left to grab onto this season.

Glad you got that off your chest. I don't know why you think we care, but that's a whole other issue entirely.

I've been a member here 6 years longer than you...that's who I am. ;)

Again, not trying to gloat about the game...just giving one Blues fan's perspective. Gloating would be stupid, considering we're going to miss the playoffs and you guys are a cup contender.

From a Blues fan's perspective, it was just nice to see based on the history between these two teams and how disappointing this season has been for Blues fans...that's all.

Hopefully next year this Blues team will be better. They should be...but that's easy to say.

How about pride? How about the fact that you have a bad defensive team statistically? Under Bowman I think that was the motivation. I would love to know how Bowman got them motivated to be stingy and take it personal when they got scored on, because Bowman had them believing allowing a goal was like getting shot or something. I don't think many vets liked Bowman, not even Yzerman at first, but they were convinced to change and then started winning like crazy.

Well, Babcock has won a cup here with them. I just think something with the chemistry is wrong. When have we known a wings team not to be hard working? I mean that's all we've been hearing for many years, even from free agents that come here, that the wings are the hardest working team off the ice that they've seen? Is that just smoke up our butts? Maybe it is.

Clearly something is off though. I don't think it's somethign shallow either, like bad bounces or breaks. I think it's something with the chemistry, albeit the coach/players, the team hates one of the players, there is division in the room, etc. Something is just 'off'.

The players from the Yzerman/Bowman years had way more heart IMO than our current players. Our top players played as hard as our 3rd and 4th liners back then not now. During the course of the season there has been a lot of games in which our 4th liners have outplayed our top 6 which is pathetic.

Meant to comment in here yesterday...didn't have a chance.

I gotta say that was the most satisfying regular season game vs. Detroit I have ever witnessed. All of the frustration felt from previous seasons of domination by the Wings over the Blues seemed to be lifted.

If the Blues had won 2-1, it would have been enjoyable, no doubt...but it wouldn't have done much otherwise. This was a drubbing, a massacre, a rare/goofy happening that you just don't see very often...and I certainly didn't expect the Blues to dish it out to the Wings right now.

This is one that you just don't forget.

Most Blues fans were thinking it could have been a 10-3 beat down against us, especially with Oshie out and Perron still hurt. But wow...that couldn't have been more wrong.

Not trying to troll here, or rub anything in (which would be stupid considering the standings). You guys just need to understand where I'm coming from with this.

Anyway, you guys have the last laugh since you'll be in the playoffs...a position Blues fans wish their team was in.

No offense intended, but this win felt great...and almost made up for a disappointing finish to the season...almost. If a 10-3 win had come against Columbus or another insignificant team, it wouldn't mean a whole lot...but because it came against Detroit, in Detroit... that's what made it memorable.

True satisfaction won't come until the Blues knock the Wings out of the playoffs...someday. Until then, this game will have to do.

Good day fellas.

Congratulations on your greatest win of the last decade. :thumbup:

I don't recall asking how long you've been a member or who you are, because I don't really care. Like I said, I'm glad you felt like sharing that with us.

Whoops...

I reread what you initially said...my mistake. I misread it the first time. :huh:

Anyway...

It was a game day thread, blues vs. wings...you're a wings fan, I'm a blues fan.

It was my take on the game, how I was feeling. That's all.

Congratulations on your greatest win of the last decade. :thumbup:

No.

Best win vs. the Wings during the regular season in...well...forever...that's for sure.

I would like to personally thank the Blues and all the Blues Fans for that overwhelming victory.

I hope that defeat will spark the Wing's ambition and create that hunger that has been lacking.

And finally, it initiated the return of the "great avatar" in which there will be a renaissance of revolution

Edited by Rivalred