3/30 GDT: St. Louis Rams 10 at Detroit Lions 3

• Please log in to reply
764 replies to this topic

#661 Bluenote#24

Bluenote#24

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:11 PM

I want St. Louis to bring their A game. I know that sounds weird, but getting close to playoffs I want the Wings to get familiar with battling. Games in the playoffs aren't about one team blowing out the other, it's about grinding out close wins against another team that wants to win just as bad as you.

I predict the Wings to win, but I don't want crappy St. Louis play to take away from the victory.

Nicely played!! :clap:

#662 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:24 PM

To be honest, the team has played like absolute sh*t since the all star break. It's amazing we're still as high in the standings as we are. We definitely don't deserve to be.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#663 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:24 PM

I love the title change to this thread, truly epic.

#664 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:25 PM

This sucks.

#665 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:28 PM

holy s***.

talk about embarrassing.

another fantastic game at the joe. sold out...why? who the hell is paying to see these s*** efforts at home?

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#666 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:31 PM

holy s***.

talk about embarrassing.

another fantastic game at the joe. sold out...why? who the hell is paying to see these s*** efforts at home?

http://www.freep.com...Red-Wings-games

:ph34r:

#667 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:36 PM

Guys I don't know what you expect Nick and Babs to say after this game. First off, both have spoken out in post games before saying words like "embarassing" "disgusting" "pathetic" "humiliating" "unacceptable" several times this season. The result? Still playing extremely inconsistently. So I do not fault either for their interviews at all because they have already said all they need to, and more than once. As I said earlier, I think it is time Kenny has a meeting with the team. We know what this team is capable of.. they have the potential to be leaps greater than any team in the NHL if they would just put their minds to it and maybe Kenny just needs to remind them of this, along with his expectations. I think this will get the room moving in a positive direction, and then Babs can work out his changes for the team and have them ready for Saturday.

As a Wings fan, I am not worried at all because the year they won the cup they got blown out something like 3 times in the span of 3 weeks and ended up being fine. It is a group of proven veterans who will come together and play like they need to to win the Cup. And, the biggest plus, Pavs will be back and better be playing with Hank. Quite frankly, I think that a lot of success will be in the near future for this team after this game.

I know this is highly unlikely but... what if the fans got a chance to unleash their frustrations on the team? Would be difficult to work out who and how the fan gets chosen but if the Wings heard their fans reaming them out, would it be enough to ignite the fire to play?

#668 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:44 PM

Jesus people are giving up on the leadership already.

Man your battle stations.

Posted Image

#669 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:51 PM

The funniest part out of all this is that on Drum's stream I was complaining about how this team is going no where this year. At this point, they were down 2-1. And boy was I getting a lot of crap from a lot of people. I was told to jump off the bandwagon etc. But the writing is on the wall, this team is not what it used to be. The Wings are a good team, but not cup contenders. I hope Higgyfan is reading this because come at me bro (girl). You called me out for being a bandwagoner and I will and always will stick with this team, but I understand that this is jut not their year. My Prediction: Swept out of first round. Yes, swept.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#670 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:53 PM

Me and the Bonehead met up with Rivalred at BW2's in the Clem. He was already there when we got there shortly after the 2nd period started. The score was 5-2 when we sat down. J-Mac was in net. I expected the Wings to knuckle down and pour on the steam. It still amazes me how lackadaisical this team can be. So out of position. Bad passing. Bad line changes. Not challenging opponents when they cross our blue line. No checking at all. Pylons around our own net. I can't even continue with how uninterested they looked tonight (and since the all star break). Could it be that the team is purposely laying back in order to "surprise" everyone when the playoffs start? How else can a team this talented embody so much suck? Geez.

note: when the Rams got the field goal to make it 9-3, i was hoping they would get the extra point. seems to me like salt in the wound. i love my Wings, but they deserved the embarrassment they got tonight. i hope like hell this pisses them off and they start playing with a little emotion for a change.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#671 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:53 PM

Helm - Captain
Eaves - Alternate Captain
Miller - Alternate Captain

BOOM!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#672 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:54 PM

Jesus people are giving up on the leadership already.

Man your battle stations.

We're all used to Yzerman and well Lidstrom is... Great. He's really great. He's going to make a great leader one day but he's definitely no Yzerman. :ph34r:

#673 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:54 PM

I don't think this is doomsday.... do we need to get our s*** together... YES and fast... but I think everyone knows playoffs is a different monster... and If you cant wake up for playoffs you don't deserve to be in the league...

The only think that could cheer me up is waking up and seeing a new Desktop background of the schedule for the last couple games of the season... even if its the same picture just the new games...

#674 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:55 PM

I love the title change to this thread, truly epic.

Yes...Well played...

#675 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:56 PM

And for everyone using the "flip the switch" argument. What switch is going to be flipped if the team has practiced s***ty habits all year long? Practice makes perfect, and they have not perfected the practice this year at all. I can understand if the wings were dominating the first 60 games of the season with solid defense, offense goal-tending for 60 minutes each night, but that has not been the case. This team has coasted this entire season with poor habits and somehow, magically one day they are going to play better?
  • Nev likes this
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#676 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:56 PM

If the Penguins had given up so quickly and easily as many of you are here after getting whacked 5-0 in game five of the Stanley Cup finals, then the Wings would really have had an easy time winning that series.

#677 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:03 PM

And for everyone using the "flip the switch" argument. What switch is going to be flipped if the team has practiced s***ty habits all year long? Practice makes perfect, and they have not perfected the practice this year at all. I can understand if the wings were dominating the first 60 games of the season with solid defense, offense goal-tending for 60 minutes each night, but that has not been the case. This team has coasted this entire season with poor habits and somehow, magically one day they are going to play better?

Its up to Babs to flip the switch, its his team. Lots of skating, hard practices, discipline the lazy players and the players who have bad games. Its all about work ethic, this team has not had work ethic since early this season. Im not using this one game as reasoning to do this either, the team has been extremely lazy this year. This is just the final straw, tonight's game was freaking pathetic. This team needs to show some effort and emotion and maybe they can get in to a groove by the time the playoffs start. Something should have been done about the effortless play several weeks ago before it got this bad.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#678 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:05 PM

no attempt to fight meaning they didn't care what so ever

at least so some emotion

#679 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:10 PM

Was at the game, had my car broken into as well. Good night for me.

Anyway, it was so great seeing Franzen starting mouthing off to everyone only to back down every time he was challenged. Grow a pair, already. If you're going to challenge someone you should at least stand up and fight. Especially when your team is down 9-3 in the 3rd. What an absolute joke of a team right now.

Posted Image

#680 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:18 PM

Please tell me there was some booing at the game tonight.....Please?