• Please log in to reply
764 replies to this topic

#761 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:57 PM

How about pride? How about the fact that you have a bad defensive team statistically? Under Bowman I think that was the motivation. I would love to know how Bowman got them motivated to be stingy and take it personal when they got scored on, because Bowman had them believing allowing a goal was like getting shot or something. I don't think many vets liked Bowman, not even Yzerman at first, but they were convinced to change and then started winning like crazy.

Well, Babcock has won a cup here with them. I just think something with the chemistry is wrong. When have we known a wings team not to be hard working? I mean that's all we've been hearing for many years, even from free agents that come here, that the wings are the hardest working team off the ice that they've seen? Is that just smoke up our butts? Maybe it is.

Clearly something is off though. I don't think it's somethign shallow either, like bad bounces or breaks. I think it's something with the chemistry, albeit the coach/players, the team hates one of the players, there is division in the room, etc. Something is just 'off'.

The players from the Yzerman/Bowman years had way more heart IMO than our current players. Our top players played as hard as our 3rd and 4th liners back then not now. During the course of the season there has been a lot of games in which our 4th liners have outplayed our top 6 which is pathetic.

#762 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,295 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:03 PM

Meant to comment in here yesterday...didn't have a chance.

I gotta say that was the most satisfying regular season game vs. Detroit I have ever witnessed. All of the frustration felt from previous seasons of domination by the Wings over the Blues seemed to be lifted.

If the Blues had won 2-1, it would have been enjoyable, no doubt...but it wouldn't have done much otherwise. This was a drubbing, a massacre, a rare/goofy happening that you just don't see very often...and I certainly didn't expect the Blues to dish it out to the Wings right now.
This is one that you just don't forget.
Most Blues fans were thinking it could have been a 10-3 beat down against us, especially with Oshie out and Perron still hurt. But wow...that couldn't have been more wrong.

Not trying to troll here, or rub anything in (which would be stupid considering the standings). You guys just need to understand where I'm coming from with this.

Anyway, you guys have the last laugh since you'll be in the playoffs...a position Blues fans wish their team was in.

No offense intended, but this win felt great...and almost made up for a disappointing finish to the season...almost. If a 10-3 win had come against Columbus or another insignificant team, it wouldn't mean a whole lot...but because it came against Detroit, in Detroit... that's what made it memorable.

True satisfaction won't come until the Blues knock the Wings out of the playoffs...someday. Until then, this game will have to do.

Good day fellas.

Congratulations on your greatest win of the last decade. :thumbup:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#763 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:30 PM

I've been a member here 6 years longer than you...that's who I am. ;)

I don't recall asking how long you've been a member or who you are, because I don't really care. Like I said, I'm glad you felt like sharing that with us.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#764 cprice12

cprice12

Resident St. Louis Blues Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:48 PM

I don't recall asking how long you've been a member or who you are, because I don't really care. Like I said, I'm glad you felt like sharing that with us.

Whoops...
I reread what you initially said...my mistake. I misread it the first time. :huh:
Anyway...
It was a game day thread, blues vs. wings...you're a wings fan, I'm a blues fan.
It was my take on the game, how I was feeling. That's all.

Congratulations on your greatest win of the last decade. :thumbup:

No.
Best win vs. the Wings during the regular season in...well...forever...that's for sure.

#765 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:21 AM

I would like to personally thank the Blues and all the Blues Fans for that overwhelming victory.

I hope that defeat will spark the Wing's ambition and create that hunger that has been lacking.

And finally, it initiated the return of the "great avatar" in which there will be a renaissance of revolution

Edited by Rivalred, 05 April 2011 - 08:21 AM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1