#142 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:19 PM

MacDonald = Howard

<_<

19 shots given up in that period, to thef****** Blues. We used to give up that many shots the entire game, back when we had a good team several years ago.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#143 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:19 PM

Excellent, now Helm is injured.

What happened? Nothing about it on the Blues feed.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#144 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:20 PM

Redmond just said the wings unoffically gave up about 19 shots on net in the first period.

Now how can people claim the defense isn't that bad? That's ALL a defensive problem.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#145 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:20 PM

MacDonald = Howard

<_<

19 shots given up in that period, to thef****** Blues. We used to give up that many shots the entire game, back when we had a good team several years ago.

Miraculously they still are top 5 in the standings.

I do agree that it's not very nice to watch game like this though.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#146 SuperNovaXll

SuperNovaXll

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:21 PM

What happened? Nothing about it on the Blues feed.

Looked like he caught the puck when it might have been traveling a bit too fast... Lets hope its nothing.
Long Island Wings Fan since 1991

#147 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

Redmond just said the wings unoffically gave up about 19 shots on net in the first period.

Now how can people claim the defense isn't that bad? That's ALL a defensive problem.

They weren't bad in that period. They were awful.

I can't believe we're going into the playoffs with no goalie, no defense, and a shaky offense that plays hard when it wants to, has lots of injuries, and 6 or 7 floaters in the lineup at all times. :scared:

Miraculously they still are top 5 in the standings.

I do agree that it's not very nice to watch game like this though.

In spite of the defense and goaltending, and not because of it.

#148 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:23 PM

I can't believe we're going into the playoffs with no goalie, no defense, and a shaky offense that plays hard when it wants to, has lots of injuries, and 6 or 7 floaters in the lineup at all times. :scared:

Recipe for a first round exit in 6 or less games.

Edit: Just got home, looks like the same old same old. 3 brutal goals let in by our "savior", including one 29 seconds after we tie it, with less than 2 minutes in the period.

Solid.

Edited by Tr!PoD#19, 30 March 2011 - 07:26 PM.

#149 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:24 PM

Same way I'm feeling right now. I hope they come out in the first round and show me to be an idiot...but right now, I can't see it happening.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#150 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

I still feel this team has a playoff gear and can get it together and make a run as hard as i have been on them this past month.

Osgood maybe our only hope in net, although MacDonald isn't really to blame for this one except for being beat clean on the 3rd goal.

#151 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

What the heck happened? I leave the room for a few minutes when its 1-1, I come back and its 3-2 Blues? Detroit will not be going very far in the playoffs with defence like this, or goal tending. Although MacDonald had been pretty solid before tonight. Nashville is not so far behind.

#152 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time they looked good? November?

I'm just hoping that they can flip the switch come playoff time, because they've looked completely uninterested outside of the first 15 or so games of the season.

The way they're playing right now, every team in the playoff picture would beat this team in five games. No doubt.
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#153 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

Is it too late to make a trade? <_<

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#154 donfishmaster

donfishmaster

steviesteenie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:26 PM

Just tuned in to learn:
-Datsyuk still out
-Helm hurt
-Gave up 19 shots
-...and down 3-2 to the POWERHOUSE Blues.

Gee, must be another home game! :blink:

#155 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:27 PM

Red Wings have their problems, but it's not like other teams don't have them. We'll see what happens in the playoffs. If eight seed can win the Cup then any team making the playoffs has a chance.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#156 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

Red Wings have their problems, but it's not like other teams don't have them. We'll see what happens in the playoffs. If eight seed can win the Cup then any team making the playoffs has a chance.

When has an 8 seed won the Cup?

#157 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Hey, hey, hey, hey... Right now this board sounds like the way Crosby looks like when he talks to referees.

-- Mitch Albom

#158 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

I usually have my playoff tickets for the first game and now I'm not too sure and not excited about getting them :(.

#159 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,082 posts

******* Rafalski.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6aS72qqe9c
Posted Image

#160 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

I want Ericson benched I cannot stand him anymore. I don't know if Babcock needs to be hit in the head with a brick or something, but PLAY RAFALSKI WITH LIDSTROM it works best for the entire team! D pairings should be Lidstrom- Rafi, Kronners- Stu , Salai- Kindl

Also I thought Modano had a really good period and was the best forward out there for the Wings, which was nice to see. He created some good chances, did not give up on plays and was good on the D side, and scored a goal. On the other hand, I thought Hank and Cleary were BRUTAL that period so hopefully that changes for the rest of the game.

Simply put, this better be the last game we have to watch without Pavs because the Wings suck ass without him; they are literally a completely diffferent team without him in the line-up so here is to Pavs return on Saturday.