#1 legaleaglewingsfan

legaleaglewingsfan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:06 AM

Attached File  BelievePatch.jpg   18.69KB   16 downloads

That is all

Edited by legaleaglewingsfan, 31 March 2011 - 07:14 AM.

#2 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:12 AM

I still believe. Retry posting your image.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#3 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:12 AM

Um, interesting.

But yes, BELIEVE!

#4 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:37 AM

I believe. I believe the Wings are a deeply flawed team, and that no matter how much we wish it wasn't so, I don't think we're advancing in the playoffs this year. I also believe we've been playing like s*** since December, and last night's game was more the rule than the exception.

So yes, I believe.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#5 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:40 AM

I believe. I believe that next year's team will be better so I'm going to redirect any remaining hope towards 2011-2012.

#6 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:25 AM

I believe. I believe the Wings are a deeply flawed team, and that no matter how much we wish it wasn't so, I don't think we're advancing in the playoffs this year. I also believe we've been playing like s*** since December, and last night's game was more the rule than the exception.

So yes, I believe.

Getting your asses handed to you by one of the worst teams in the league is the rule? :huh:

I believe. I believe that next year's team will be better so I'm going to redirect any remaining hope towards 2011-2012.

All right, see you next year, then.

I guess I just don't understand the 'pack it in' mentality that everyone has seemingly adopted over the past few months. Every team goes through ups and downs over the course of the season and - yes - it's really frustrating to see the Wings playing poorly and struggling; but I'm not throwing in the towel on the season. What's the fun of watching or following the team if you don't have any faith in them?

On my way home from the Wings / Oilers game I was listening to everyone's responses on the radio, calling in saying the win 'was nothing to be happy about' and that the Wings 'should be embarrassed' by it. I'm sorry, but they still won. Yeah, the game was frustrating because the Wings couldn't get anything past Edmonton's netminder, but it was a thrilling victory.

I'm with the OP and 55fan. Have some faith, it's a lot more fun that way.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#7 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:25 AM

So yes, I believe.

Hey I'm just glad we won't be playing the Blues in the playoffs.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#8 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:30 AM

I believe that there's something seriously out of skew with this team this year. Even without last night's game, they give up too many goals, and too many turn overs. Getting outshot by the #13 team is unacceptable at this time of the season.

#9 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:34 AM

All right, see you next year, then.

I'm still going to watch. I'm just not going to hope for all that much this year. Nothing wrong with that.

#10 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:34 AM

I believe that the bandwagon fans will leave this forum and go somewhere else. I believe that those that are counting us out of the season should just cancel their accounts and go somewhere else. What a bunch of pansies. Seriously, one bad game and everyone is hitting the panic button? Oh, and one last thing....

I believe in the Red Wings. Always have, always will.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#11 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:36 AM

I always have rooted for the Red Wings but I am old enough to not always have believed in them.

Edited by kook_10, 31 March 2011 - 08:36 AM.

works every time

#12 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:39 AM

I always have rooted for the Red Wings but I am old enough to not always have believed in them.

At least we have one forum member who is 100% honest.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#13 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:41 AM

I will always hope that the Wings do well, but I have no problem saying that they played terrible last night. We have the good games and the bad games, and we have bad seasons too. That doesn't change the fact that I will still watch the games and support the team. I started watching them back in the 80s when they were bad, I hope we don't go through that again, but if so I'll still be here.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#14 RedWingsExpert1988

RedWingsExpert1988

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:41 AM

I personally think that if we win the first two games at the joe we can possibly get out of the first round. As far as advancing deep into the playoffs will probably not happen though because of defense.

#15 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:45 AM

Well put, Nightfall. I totally agree with you but that's the way it is unfortunately. When the sun's shining, there is really no better team or organization to root for. And I think that's where people fail to see how utterly ridiculous they sound when they sit there and blast out hyperbole and expect for others to read it with any credibility.

Just stop, please. This team hasn't looked hungry enough, I'll grant all of you that. Opinions are obviously something that this forum and site are all about, and for the most part you are all the most knowledgeable and passionate Red Wings fans I have heard from. You are all better than most that seem to lead you on and make it seem like the "cool thing" to do to just unload idiotic statements in regards to this team. I realize the "realists" in here are playing it safe because they can simply say "I told you so" when the time comes for the Wings to get axed in the playoffs and they can rejoice if we advance. Nothing changes, just keep in mind that supporting a team might be tough sometimes but being a bandwagoner, well, that's reserved for crap fanbases like Chicago. Don't liken yourselves to that.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#16 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:49 AM

Well put, Nightfall. I totally agree with you but that's the way it is unfortunately. When the sun's shining, there is really no better team or organization to root for. And I think that's where people fail to see how utterly ridiculous they sound when they sit there and blast out hyperbole and expect for others to read it with any credibility.

Just stop, please. This team hasn't looked hungry enough, I'll grant all of you that. Opinions are obviously something that this forum and site are all about, and for the most part you are all the most knowledgeable and passionate Red Wings fans I have heard from. You are all better than most that seem to lead you on and make it seem like the "cool thing" to do to just unload idiotic statements in regards to this team. I realize the "realists" in here are playing it safe because they can simply say "I told you so" when the time comes for the Wings to get axed in the playoffs and they can rejoice if we advance. Nothing changes, just keep in mind that supporting a team might be tough sometimes but being a bandwagoner, well, that's reserved for crap fanbases like Chicago. Don't liken yourselves to that.

I really cried when I read this. :clap:
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#17 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:54 AM

All I believe right now is that come hell or high water, I'm a Wings fan.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#18 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:07 AM

I believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and Cap'N Crunch Cereal. *shrugs*

#19 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:08 AM

I believe that the Red Wings will win the Cup this year.

I also believe that they will win it every year and that the Lions will win the Superbowl every year. Does it cost me anything? Nope. Would it be really cool if it happened? You betcha!

I'd rather believe that we will win. Believing (and I'm not talking predictions based in observation here) that your team will lose negates the whole purpose of rooting for the team.

We should create some sort of registry for those who claim that they are done for the season. They don't get any cake at the Cup Party.

Mmmm...cake... carry on without me. I need to get something...

#20 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:17 AM

And you (and Vladdy16?) were at the game, correct? So I really appreciate your perspective. And I'm happy to say I agree with what you say here, and I agree with the majority of opinions here that (a) yes, they have bad games; (b) they may not make it possibly past the first round; and © they will always be my team. They have given me such thrills and joy and happy tears in the past that there's no way I'm giving up on them. None. Ever.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.