• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

legaleaglewingsfan

Believe

Rate this topic

I believe. I believe the Wings are a deeply flawed team, and that no matter how much we wish it wasn't so, I don't think we're advancing in the playoffs this year. I also believe we've been playing like s*** since December, and last night's game was more the rule than the exception.

So yes, I believe.

I believe. I believe the Wings are a deeply flawed team, and that no matter how much we wish it wasn't so, I don't think we're advancing in the playoffs this year. I also believe we've been playing like s*** since December, and last night's game was more the rule than the exception.

So yes, I believe.

Getting your asses handed to you by one of the worst teams in the league is the rule? :huh:

I believe. I believe that next year's team will be better so I'm going to redirect any remaining hope towards 2011-2012.

All right, see you next year, then.

I guess I just don't understand the 'pack it in' mentality that everyone has seemingly adopted over the past few months. Every team goes through ups and downs over the course of the season and - yes - it's really frustrating to see the Wings playing poorly and struggling; but I'm not throwing in the towel on the season. What's the fun of watching or following the team if you don't have any faith in them?

On my way home from the Wings / Oilers game I was listening to everyone's responses on the radio, calling in saying the win 'was nothing to be happy about' and that the Wings 'should be embarrassed' by it. I'm sorry, but they still won. Yeah, the game was frustrating because the Wings couldn't get anything past Edmonton's netminder, but it was a thrilling victory.

I'm with the OP and 55fan. Have some faith, it's a lot more fun that way.

So yes, I believe.

Hey I'm just glad we won't be playing the Blues in the playoffs.

I believe that there's something seriously out of skew with this team this year. Even without last night's game, they give up too many goals, and too many turn overs. Getting outshot by the #13 team is unacceptable at this time of the season.

I believe that the bandwagon fans will leave this forum and go somewhere else. I believe that those that are counting us out of the season should just cancel their accounts and go somewhere else. What a bunch of pansies. Seriously, one bad game and everyone is hitting the panic button? Oh, and one last thing....

I believe in the Red Wings. Always have, always will.

I will always hope that the Wings do well, but I have no problem saying that they played terrible last night. We have the good games and the bad games, and we have bad seasons too. That doesn't change the fact that I will still watch the games and support the team. I started watching them back in the 80s when they were bad, I hope we don't go through that again, but if so I'll still be here.

Well put, Nightfall. I totally agree with you but that's the way it is unfortunately. When the sun's shining, there is really no better team or organization to root for. And I think that's where people fail to see how utterly ridiculous they sound when they sit there and blast out hyperbole and expect for others to read it with any credibility.

Just stop, please. This team hasn't looked hungry enough, I'll grant all of you that. Opinions are obviously something that this forum and site are all about, and for the most part you are all the most knowledgeable and passionate Red Wings fans I have heard from. You are all better than most that seem to lead you on and make it seem like the "cool thing" to do to just unload idiotic statements in regards to this team. I realize the "realists" in here are playing it safe because they can simply say "I told you so" when the time comes for the Wings to get axed in the playoffs and they can rejoice if we advance. Nothing changes, just keep in mind that supporting a team might be tough sometimes but being a bandwagoner, well, that's reserved for crap fanbases like Chicago. Don't liken yourselves to that.

Well put, Nightfall. I totally agree with you but that's the way it is unfortunately. When the sun's shining, there is really no better team or organization to root for. And I think that's where people fail to see how utterly ridiculous they sound when they sit there and blast out hyperbole and expect for others to read it with any credibility.

Just stop, please. This team hasn't looked hungry enough, I'll grant all of you that. Opinions are obviously something that this forum and site are all about, and for the most part you are all the most knowledgeable and passionate Red Wings fans I have heard from. You are all better than most that seem to lead you on and make it seem like the "cool thing" to do to just unload idiotic statements in regards to this team. I realize the "realists" in here are playing it safe because they can simply say "I told you so" when the time comes for the Wings to get axed in the playoffs and they can rejoice if we advance. Nothing changes, just keep in mind that supporting a team might be tough sometimes but being a bandwagoner, well, that's reserved for crap fanbases like Chicago. Don't liken yourselves to that.

I really cried when I read this. :clap:

I believe that the Red Wings will win the Cup this year.

I also believe that they will win it every year and that the Lions will win the Superbowl every year. Does it cost me anything? Nope. Would it be really cool if it happened? You betcha!

I'd rather believe that we will win. Believing (and I'm not talking predictions based in observation here) that your team will lose negates the whole purpose of rooting for the team.

We should create some sort of registry for those who claim that they are done for the season. They don't get any cake at the Cup Party.

Mmmm...cake... carry on without me. I need to get something...

And you (and Vladdy16?) were at the game, correct? So I really appreciate your perspective. And I'm happy to say I agree with what you say here, and I agree with the majority of opinions here that (a) yes, they have bad games; (b) they may not make it possibly past the first round; and © they will always be my team. They have given me such thrills and joy and happy tears in the past that there's no way I'm giving up on them. None. Ever.

I am young enough to have not experienced the Dead Wings era being 5 when we first made the playoffs during this 20 year streak. And as much as I pull for the Wings with all my heart I do not believe you are truly a tested fan until you have experienced the bad times and I am not talking about 2nd-3rd in the COnference or even an injured race for the playoffs due to injuries like last year bad times. I am talking about Cleveland Sports, Detroit Lions, oh my God I just threw a shoe at the tv because we just lost 30 in a row BAD. I pray I never become a "true" fan, but come hell or high water I will always reach for the Winged Wheel jersey in my closet and wear it with pride. I had a Canuck fan IM me last night and give me all kinds of crap about the score. I simply said the following "See you in May, if you make it that far." LGW

I will always believe in the Red Wings. Its been frustrating watching them the past few weeks, but we are still one of the best teams in the league and this team can at anytime anywhere beat anyone. Luckily the regular season doesn't decide who wins the cup, the Wings will make the playoffs after that its a whole new game. Remember in 2002 when the wings stumbled into the playoffs? They had 1 win in their last 10 games, then lost the first two games on home ice in the playoffs. Its the beautiful thing about sports, anyone can win, look at VCU, and the even more beautiful thing is that the Red Wings are already better than most of the teams in the NHL.

Get off their back until the season is done. I'm not saying they'll win the cup, but for s***s sake believe in your team. I have noticed a lot more room on this bandwagon now, however...

Edited by stevieisthebest