I believe I bleed red for a reason ;)
IPB Image

#22 legaleaglewingsfan

legaleaglewingsfan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:28 AM

I am young enough to have not experienced the Dead Wings era being 5 when we first made the playoffs during this 20 year streak. And as much as I pull for the Wings with all my heart I do not believe you are truly a tested fan until you have experienced the bad times and I am not talking about 2nd-3rd in the COnference or even an injured race for the playoffs due to injuries like last year bad times. I am talking about Cleveland Sports, Detroit Lions, oh my God I just threw a shoe at the tv because we just lost 30 in a row BAD. I pray I never become a "true" fan, but come hell or high water I will always reach for the Winged Wheel jersey in my closet and wear it with pride. I had a Canuck fan IM me last night and give me all kinds of crap about the score. I simply said the following "See you in May, if you make it that far." LGW

#23 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:45 AM

I'm still going to watch. I'm just not going to hope for all that much this year. Nothing wrong with that.

IVE JUST CONNECTED THE PUZZLE, THIS GUY IS MINDFLY

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#24 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

IVE JUST CONNECTED THE PUZZLE, THIS GUY IS MINDFLY

Nah, I haven't seen a single post about Carey Price from this guy yet. But that might be his plan all along Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#25 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:56 AM

I will always believe in the Red Wings. Its been frustrating watching them the past few weeks, but we are still one of the best teams in the league and this team can at anytime anywhere beat anyone. Luckily the regular season doesn't decide who wins the cup, the Wings will make the playoffs after that its a whole new game. Remember in 2002 when the wings stumbled into the playoffs? They had 1 win in their last 10 games, then lost the first two games on home ice in the playoffs. Its the beautiful thing about sports, anyone can win, look at VCU, and the even more beautiful thing is that the Red Wings are already better than most of the teams in the NHL.

Get off their back until the season is done. I'm not saying they'll win the cup, but for s***s sake believe in your team. I have noticed a lot more room on this bandwagon now, however...

Edited by stevieisthebest, 31 March 2011 - 09:58 AM.

"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#26 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:04 AM

20 years as a Wings fan and I feel the same way I do every year. No excuse not to win the cup. As soon as game 82 is over it's a clean slate. I don't care about the path to get there as long as it leads to Lord Stanley's Mug.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#27 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:27 AM

I believe that this is a serious wake up call and Saturday's game will show us how the Wings will be the rest of the way. I hope to god they come out flying with a chip on there shoulder. And play angry, determined, and desperate hockey all the way! Yes I still believe because they are the deepest most talented team and when they are on absolutely nobody can touch them. So whats it gonna be Wings?

#28 redwingcapt

redwingcapt

redwingcapt

• PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:35 AM

any wings "fan" who says pack it in or says they give up isnt really a fan...? We all know anything can happen in the playoffs. so please dont throw in the towel now, if you are. DONT watch a single second of the playoffs, and if they get swept in the first round, you all can throw your party, but till that happens. STFU :ranting:
To whom much is given, much is expected

#29 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:37 AM

I believe...

I believe that a loss from a team who has locked up a playoff spot basically months ago to a bottom feeder that won't make the playoffs means NOTHING once the playoffs start.

Go Wings!

#30 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:41 AM

I believe that the next team to play the Wings, better be ready!

If this team responds the way we hope they do (and they better). Then Nashville should be in for a ass whipppin'

#31 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:47 AM

I believe that the Wings were pretty bored last night. having played two emotional games against Chicago and Toronto then having to play the lowly Blues might have put them right to sleep. I also believe that the people on this board need to reevaluate their opinion of Howard... Thats the crap he's been dealing with all year!! I believe that the Wings can go as far as they want in the playoffs. We all need to step off the ledge here, come on now were the Red Wings for christ sake
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#32 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:55 AM

I believe in this team and have for 25 years.
I believe that, without sounding like a therapist, the team can actually LEARN something from last night. They can learn that you have to play every game. You have to have intergrity and you have to have will. As much as we are embarrassed as fans, imagine how the team must feel today. There isnt a single guy on that team who doesnt feel terrible about the game- I know this because that room is built on CHARACTER. Anyone who doesnt feel ashamed wouldnt be playing for this team.
This is a team that can win the Cup....and now this is a team who got boo'ed off their home ice last night and they will dig deep. They will find a way.
I believe!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#33 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:05 AM

Getting your asses handed to you by one of the worst teams in the league is the rule? :huh:

What? The Blues won.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

The Wings were a machine the first third or so of the season, so hopefully they're just bored and can get back to the level of play in a couple weeks. If they do, they'll go very far this year.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 31 March 2011 - 11:06 AM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#34 MarineWIngsFan

MarineWIngsFan

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:22 AM

I believe that the bandwagon fans will leave this forum and go somewhere else. I believe that those that are counting us out of the season should just cancel their accounts and go somewhere else. What a bunch of pansies. Seriously, one bad game and everyone is hitting the panic button? Oh, and one last thing....

I believe in the Red Wings. Always have, always will.

I'm with you on that one, too many people got spoiled with winning seasons. There is nothing wrong with struggling and pulling out an amazing playoff run. It has been far too long since the Wings have been the underdog and all these bandwagoneers just want a garunteed win or else they talk s*** about thr team. Stick to your team, good or bad.

#35 PrairieDawg

PrairieDawg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:28 AM

I am young enough to have not experienced the Dead Wings era being 5 when we first made the playoffs during this 20 year streak. And as much as I pull for the Wings with all my heart I do not believe you are truly a tested fan until you have experienced the bad times and I am not talking about 2nd-3rd in the COnference or even an injured race for the playoffs due to injuries like last year bad times. I am talking about Cleveland Sports, Detroit Lions, oh my God I just threw a shoe at the tv because we just lost 30 in a row BAD. I pray I never become a "true" fan, but come hell or high water I will always reach for the Winged Wheel jersey in my closet and wear it with pride. I had a Canuck fan IM me last night and give me all kinds of crap about the score. I simply said the following "See you in May, if you make it that far." LGW

I'm a Cavs, Indians, Browns, Lions, and Wings fan. The only thing keeping me sane is the Wings dominance in this league.

#36 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:30 AM

Believe? Never! It's better for us to hold no hope at all, because then we won't be disappointed if they lose! Of course, if they win it all, then we can still pretend that we knew it would happen all along...

#37 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:48 AM

I'm a masochist and a Wings fan. The only thing keeping me sane is the Wings dominance in this league.

Fixed it for you.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#38 VanDer

VanDer

Irish Wing!

• PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:03 PM

Of course I believe, I never stop believing!

Posted Image

#39 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:04 PM

The wings can win the cup. I don't get all this doom and gloom. It's like people think we're going to get swept in the first round. If there's one thing I've ever learned by watching the Wings, it's that the playoffs are a completely different season. Save the doom and gloom stuff for when we're down 2 - 0 in the series.

#40 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:24 PM

I believe we need to fire McCrimmon.

That said, I'm with everyone who has said the regular season doesn't mean s*** as long as you get to the playoffs. This team becomes an entire new beast when it makes the playoffs, it's just a matter of whether or not they decide to play with the intensity they have showed to us in Cup run post-seasons.

And also like someone said, I believe last night's game might be what this team needed. A sort of angry "chip-on-their-shoulder" mentality that will force them to bring the playoff intensity to the last 5 games of the season.

Posted Image