• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 legaleaglewingsfan

legaleaglewingsfan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:43 PM

I'm a Cavs, Indians, Browns, Lions, and Wings fan. The only thing keeping me sane is the Wings dominance in this league.

..oh wow, I'm sorry :(

#42 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:47 PM

I'm a Cavs, Indians, Browns, Lions, and Wings fan. The only thing keeping me sane is the Wings dominance in this league.

Everyone needs to just read this over and over and realize, it's not that bad. Sorry bro.Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#43 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:49 PM

Seriously, one bad game and everyone is hitting the panic button?

Um...it's been much more than just one bad game...

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#44 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:52 PM

What? The Blues won.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Posted Image

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#45 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:53 PM

4 keepers in 4 game. I don't believe.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#46 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:55 PM

I did not make this video but I found it appropriate for this thread.

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#47 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:08 PM

I did not make this video but I found it appropriate for this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozCuwatraRQ&feature=related

Thank-you. Chills every time!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#48 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,618 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:09 PM

I believe...

...that their defense sucks, minus Lidstrom and Stuart, every other defender can hit the road.

...Howard is not good, he is good as a back up (and not even as good as Osgood was at the same point in his career.)

...Brad McCrimmon must go.

...We are lacking serious fire power. I'd still like to see what Madano can do with a full season, but pretty much, if your name isn't Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Helm or Abdelkader then you can leave your jersey at the door on your way out. I will give passing grades to Holmstrom, Cleary, Eaves & Miller, but I am VERY disappointed and upset with the rest. AND contrary to what most LGW'er's believe, the future is not bright. Our farm club is full of the same kind of players. Murask, Tatar, etc...

...The Wings need to cut ties with some salary and get that sniper...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#49 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:22 PM

It's certainly one of those tasking times as a fan but I don't see a reason to stop believing in my team. Even if they are on the tail end of the long success streak I still believe in the Red Wings. I look forward to being a fan and believing in my team well after the bandwagoners have left for another team to ride the coattails of success on, when the naysayers and negative nancies quit watching and enjoying their team because they can't handle the ups and especially the downs that every team has to endure.

#50 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:25 PM

I believe...

...that their defense sucks, minus Lidstrom and Stuart, every other defender can hit the road.

...Howard is not good, he is good as a back up (and not even as good as Osgood was at the same point in his career.)

...We are lacking serious fire power. I'd still like to see what Madano can do with a full season, but pretty much, if your name isn't Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Helm or Abdelkader then you can leave your jersey at the door on your way out. I will give passing grades to Holmstrom, Cleary, Eaves & Miller, but I am VERY disappointed and upset with the rest. AND contrary to what most LGW'er's believe, the future is not bright. Our farm club is full of the same kind of players. Murask, Tatar, etc...

Sounds to me that you need to go join letsgocanucks.com

Don't be afraid, many wings fans jumped on the chicago bandwagon last season. The only problem is that they came back here after they cut a lot of salary.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#51 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:28 PM

I believe...

Modano, fixed it for you.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#52 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

I believe that nothing that's happening now will impact our chances for a Stanley Cup. The Wings were the hottest team in the league in March and April in the regular season, then went back and forth with the Coyotes for 7 games and knocked out by the Sharks in 5. That strong play and winning streak didn't help in the playoffs last year, why will poor play and losing game this March affect our playoff performance this year? Its cliche, I know, but its true... the playoffs are a whole different game. Especially in the NHL. There's always more intensity, more line matching, more willingness to block shots or give that extra effort because you don't want to be the guy that costs your team the season.

I still believe in this team, always have, always will. You can't say this about every team, but you can never count them out.

#53 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

I believe that nothing that's happening now will impact our chances for a Stanley Cup. The Wings were the hottest team in the league in March and April in the regular season, then went back and forth with the Coyotes for 7 games and knocked out by the Sharks in 5. That strong play and winning streak didn't help in the playoffs last year, why will poor play and losing game this March affect our playoff performance this year? Its cliche, I know, but its true... the playoffs are a whole different game. Especially in the NHL. There's always more intensity, more line matching, more willingness to block shots or give that extra effort because you don't want to be the guy that costs your team the season.

I still believe in this team, always have, always will. You can't say this about every team, but you can never count them out.

We failed miserably in the line matching game against the blackhawks..what makes you think its going to work in the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong I hope they come out of their funk and I have faith that they will win but they have pretty much failed miserably across the board over the last 2-3 months.

#54 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:47 PM

I am starting to question Babcock a bit here. He is a great coach, no doubt. However, after this embarassing loss, he STILL refuses to put Pavs and Hank together! Instead he has Pavs playing with Franzen which is always a big waste of time for Pavs because Franzen slows him down. The Wings were playing amazing in the first 2 months or so, which is when Pavs and Hank were playing TOGETHER. Simply put, if Babcock wants this team to start playing good and play to their full potential, then Pavs should be with Z. He needs to establish permanent lines for the playoffs, no more of this switching every single game.

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Homer
Franzen- Filpulla- Bertuzzi
Cleary- Modano- Hudler
Abdelkator- Helm- Eaves/Draper/Miller

Lidstrom- Rafalski
Kronwall- Stu
Kindl- Salai

IMO these are the lines to go with; they worked great at the beginning of the year, and they will sure as hell work better than Datsyuk and Franzen together. I would like to know why he is so damn hard headed.

#55 Johnny Law

Johnny Law

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:28 PM

IMO these are the lines to go with; they worked great at the beginning of the year, and they will sure as hell work better than Datsyuk and Franzen together. I would like to know why he is so damn hard headed.

I think he's desperately trying to find a way to get Franzen going, in the past when guys were sucking (like hudler for example) he'd throw them on a line with Datsyuk. Its actually kind of a testament to Pasha's skills but guys just play better with him, he buys you lots of room and time and good things just kind of happen. Hank to some degree has a little of this too but he isn't as shifty so you don't get that kind of time and space.

When things are going bad and the DRW need goals in an important game he goes back to the same old prudential rocks. Datsyuk & Z, Lidas and Rafalski, Z on the 5 on 3.

Its actually a pretty good strategy if you think like I do that confidence is one of the most important attributes in the NHL. Get Franzen going get his brain making creative plays and then he can go back to playing with Flip.

#56 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:32 PM

This thread is just weird...

#57 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:08 PM

[quote name='wings_fanatic' timestamp='1301600824' post='2139570']
I am starting to question Babcock a bit here. He is a great coach, no doubt. However, after this embarassing loss, he STILL refuses to put Pavs and Hank together! Instead he has Pavs playing with Franzen which is always a big waste of time for Pavs because Franzen slows him down. The Wings were playing amazing in the first 2 months or so, which is when Pavs and Hank were playing TOGETHER. Simply put, if Babcock wants this team to start playing good and play to their full potential, then Pavs should be with Z. He needs to establish permanent lines for the playoffs, no more of this switching every single game.

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Homer
Franzen- Filpulla- Bertuzzi
Cleary- Modano- Hudler
Abdelkator- Helm- Eaves/Draper/Miller

Lidstrom- Rafalski
Kronwall- Stu
Kindl- Salai

[/quote

I really don't know nuthin' about no lines but on the surface it seems impractical to put both Zetts and Dats on the same line. On the other hand, someone wiser than moi on some thread said that teams will start going after Datsyuk once he starts playing again because they know what a powerful catalyst he is. And if they were both on the same line the goons would have to choose and counter both of them. So who the hell knows? Certainly not me!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#58 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:15 PM

I honestly don't think that teams will be going after Datsyuk any more now than they were before. It's not like all the sudden other teams are realizing that Datsyuk is dominant. Teams have been going after him for years already. He's good. That's why they rarely get him.

I mean, this is like saying that teams just started to realize that Gretzky was dominant when he joined the Kings. Players know who the great players are long before we do. And great players are historically very hard hit.

Datsyuk being amazing and a huge part of the Wings success isn't news that has just surfaced...

Edited by Broken 16, 31 March 2011 - 04:17 PM.

#59 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:41 PM

I believe...

Stuart has been riding Lidstrom's offensive performance, and has had his worst defensive performance as a Red Wing this season. Put him back with Kronwall already.

Chris Osgood was a Vezina contender and Cup winner, and challenged for the Conn Smythe. Plus IIRC he had a better winning percentage than Ken Dryden. It's rare for goalies to be as good as Osgood was at 27. Howard could be a 300 game winner if he's a starter for the next ten years and wins an average of 30 games, but comparing Howard to Osgood is not really fair because Osgood was 22 when he became the Wings' starter (the first time) and was 24 when he was a Vezina finalist and named to the NHL's Second All-Star Team (and should have been First-Team, and Vezina winner) while Howard wasn't even good enough to play in the league at that age.

That much is pretty clear. Since he's taken over the defense, it's been disorganized and inconsistent. It hasn't been able to adapt quickly to player losses or to changes in opposition offense, all things it could do before.

I'm wondering why you a) included Abdelkader, yet b) left out Cleary. Seems like you were just sort of tossing out names. I'd like to see Hudler on the list, but with the first 30 games you can't really argue in his favor given his skill set and what he should have been producing. If you just look at the second half, he's been one of the Wings' best players.

Edited by eva unit zero, 31 March 2011 - 04:42 PM.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#60 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,729 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:05 PM

I for one am trying to decide which Canucks jersey I should buy.

The new blue/green one with the stick jersey, or the early 90's Halloween colors one.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.