• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:50 PM

Gaborik hit Nielsen from behind in the Isles/Rags game. Nielsen is out for the rest of the game. I'm hoping he gets 1 game, as this hit would be suspendable if it were other (3rd/4th line) players.

Edited by WorkingOvertime, 31 March 2011 - 08:31 PM.

#2 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:07 PM

that wasn't that bad of a hit, nielsen turned into the boards and didn't protect himself, i think a 5 min major would suffice if nielsen was injured.
  • Ram likes this
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#3 Blueliner

Blueliner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:11 PM

Not suspension worthy.
  • Ram likes this

#4 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:14 PM

that wasn't that bad of a hit, nielsen turned into the boards and didn't protect himself, i think a 5 min major would suffice if nielsen was injured.

He got 2 min for the hit. I believe there was another 2 min added for the ensuing altercation.

To me, this should be a suspension, because if a lot of other players did this, people would be calling for multiple games. I think Gaborik should have gotten a game misconduct and nothing else. Since there was no game misconduct given, one game will suffice.

#5 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:17 PM

He got 2 min for the hit. I believe there was another 2 min added for the ensuing altercation.

To me, this should be a suspension, because if a lot of other players did this, people would be calling for multiple games. I think Gaborik should have gotten a game misconduct and nothing else. Since there was no game misconduct given, one game will suffice.

i would be fine with a 2 minute penalty but technically it is supposed to be a 5 min major if there is an injury

That was in no way worthy of a suspension. The reason why people like cooke get blasted for hits like these while not being terrible is that they have a long history. Partially nielsen's fault.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#6 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:48 PM

What upsets me is that Prust and Gillies get 10 min misconducts for talking, and penalties like this are just 2 min.

#7 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:51 PM

He didn't give him a head shot or bury his head into the boards, hit him in the numbers and seemed to let up as he hit him. Not suspension worthy.
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#8 Blueliner

Blueliner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:05 PM

Stop overreacting. It wasn't that bad of a hit. Two minutes for boarding or five is he got. Nothing more.